• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

General writing fiction discussion thrad.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Could be anything depending on what the world is like. Like, even in this world with a France, not every country/culture would celebrate with champagne, right? So what've they got in the country you're writing about that is hard enough to make and easy enough to enjoy to make it something saved for special occasions/celebrations? Is the question I'd ask myself if I was in your shoes. Also sparkling wine is a good alternative :D

Claudius Caesar

That 90's Boy
I'm trying to get into writing, but I mostly want to write fan fiction since I find it to be more fun and enjoyable most of the time, especially with AU fan fics and crossovers.

Is it okay if I post one of my projects here on this forum? I was thinking of making a forum thread for my project, where the chapters are in a forum post and feedback is welcome and open.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I've been 'working on' a concept for a novel for years, and it has undergone various different incarnations during that time, but it finally reached the point where I was seriously fed up with the endless editing and procrastination. I'm well aware of the exact make-up of my block (fear of failure) and after several different attempts at breaking it, I came to the conclusion that there was only one way that this would happen. So I decided to go down the route of getting a co-writer onboard.

Co-writing has been really eye opening experience. It's like this never-ending bout of tug-of-war where you are constantly jockeying different ideas for supremacy, and shooting down others, all whilst trying to find common ground on various issues. It has been really interesting trying to find ways in which to give my co-author more ownership of the original concept, so that we are both fully passionate about writing it.

Though our cross-examinations of our writing has uncovered various serious issues in the plot and world-building of our story, co-writing has also enabled me to break through most of my block. In the past year, I've written more than I have in the past 20 years or so.

So yeah, though I would never have considered co-writing in the beginning, it has been exactly what I needed.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
@Claymore Heyyy man that's so great congratulations! I've tried writing with people in the past so I very much feel you on the endless tug of war :grimacing: I'm so glad it's working for you, though! Long may it continue! And please lemme see when you're ready to start sharing!

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Silly question but, does anyone know if the samurai honored the fallen comrades in any special way?

Littlewing

Pro Adventurer
AKA
human
Okay, so I decided not to make my own version of Final Fantasy and make my own stories for RPG maker instead like I always thought about as well next to to other weird personal protects I have going all the time.

I mostly just wantt to write relatively easy things for RPG maker for some reason it's something I strangely enjoy sometime here and there but have never finished. I've become closer to making these finally into actuality. Basically my idea beginning with inspiration from namely Zelda, various fantasy games, books animes and Final Fantasy, lol (of course)

It's basically just from vampires, comic books, Zelda and Final fantasy 7 & 8, basically I thought "what would it be like if there was a futuristic Zelda?) I liked doing this because I like cyber punk so much, and the idea of Shadow Run. It's kind of like Galaxy Express, Queen Emeraldas, and Captain Harlock, Superboy new 52 combined I guess along with like Metropolis and stuff like Akira. It's my idea of technology meeting and clashes with nature (not just global warming) but indigenous cultures and life styles as well.
Basically it's set in a futuristic somewhat dystopian world, that's very technologically advanced in some aspects but in others, socially, underdeveloped I guess. The main character is like one of the last remaining elf type beings to exist in the world, and at the beginning of the story becomes hunted after by the tyrannical dystopian government and power structures residing within the city the protagonist the main character lives in. It starts when he's very young, like a child/pre-teen and only has like rags for clothing he lives in a complete orphanage in the slums somewhere. Basically I guess nature lies dormant for a very long time until it starts to act strangely and rebel and become mutated and somewhat sentient and starts to attack human settlements and cities along with wild mutated animals and such and then this giant power plant is attacked and blown up by a strange luminous glowing being of light (from all the security cameras can survey) and thus, starts a century old search for an and all remaining "elves" since, the individual held partially responsible looked like an elf.

STUFF LIKE THAT ARE JUST IMAGERY THAT CONJURE UP IDEAS OR SOMETHING I GUESS
hundred_ver7_xlg-jpg.1006505

e7xbqzczj5us6fy052pf.gif

scene54472.jpeg

Last edited:

Littlewing

Pro Adventurer
AKA
human
I'll try and vacuum read as many of these as possible, just basic science fiction paper back novels. I love paperback novels, even though no one hardly talks about them and they're not considered serious novels and are kinda trashy i guess. I'm not sure why I like cyberpunk, but I like the whole revolutionary railing against the system for some reason. I'll always feel that way inside, but I'm not sure if it's really an accurate account of the real world half of the time.
8FB8612CE08B77B7E2CDCAA2D11BBF79.jpg

51Za7TtQz9L.jpg

51jwl-j1d8L._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
CyberpunkTrashcan_web-mv4jri9bwuedlvyy75bxkijxg83gm9wbehxkjgf3dm.jpg

Love the art on this cover so much, been reading this I just bought it at a thrift store smells like old book, it's good though, as an example.
51J63MyKxpL.SX316.SY316.jpg

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
This may be my favourite question I've ever asked... how many mice can one person feasibly carry at once? (In a box, not in their pockets/arms)

Do the numbers: How strong is the person? How large? How big is the box they can carry at most? When you have those answers, ask youself how many mice can fit inside the box and in which conditions: Is it a box of live mice, intended to be kept alive and comfortable while on transportation? Is it a box full of dead mice intended for disposal?

Context is everything sometimes, lol.

Top Bottom