Genndy Tartakovsky's PRIMAL

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I'm up for anything from Genndy Tartakovsky when it comes to animation. It'll be really interesting, as I'm getting the impression that it'll be low dialogue like Samurai Jack was, but it's got a vibe that it's gonna potentially be somewhat like Conan the Barbarian, and given that [as] never followed up on the much-beloved Korgoth of Barbaria, I think it's got quite the audience who'll be looking forward to it.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, the five episodes of this year are out already, and just... jeeze damn, man. They're fucking amazing.

You can feel a lot of Sym-Bionic Titan in bits of pieces of it, but there's something to be said of the absolutely raw brutality of the world that's on display, and the dialogue-less storytelling conveyed through imagery and emotion that's just captivating.

Apparently we're getting five more episode some time next year, and I really REALLY want more of this.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
They've been airing on [adult swim] which I stream via PlayStation Vue, which I've had since living in the US (although I have to use a VPN to access it now since I live in the EU). Not really sure what the other option for streaming Adult Swim's stuff out in the world are, but I do know that they have periodically made things available for free on their website after a little while, and maybe you can check out if anything you have'll letcha see them there: https://www.adultswim.com/videos/primal

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I've to eventually get arround watching this :/

------------------------------

To not bloat the forum a lot, let's turn this into a whole Genndy thread.

He's making a new show in collaboration with HBO Max and Cartoon Network.

unicorn_tartakovsky.jpg

Synopsis:

Unicorn: Warriors Eternal follows a team of ancient heroes protecting the world from an ominous force. Throughout history, unicorns have symbolized the virtuous, appearing to ensure that goodness reigns. When the reawakening of our heroes comes too early, they find themselves in the bodies of teenagers. Damaged as a result, their memories of who they are and the history of the unicorn over the centuries have been lost, with some of their magical abilities weakened and fragmented. Not only do they have to protect the world against the prevailing darkness, they have to do it while navigating the unexpected laughs and humor that come with teen angst and emotions.”

Top Bottom