Ghost of Tsushima

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
'A Reckoning in Blood' has pretty shaky writing. Why would Jin go ask Yuna for help? She's done her part, take Ishikawa if you need help, you've already taken like 3 fortresses with him. Alternatively, since you have access to an army now, take five or six soldiers with you.

It's implausible that Jin would be completely unprepared for an attack from behind after what happened last time. Once he was captured, given the Khan is characterised as brute pragmatism incarnate, it is unlikely he would not be immediately killed.

It's also pretty weird that Jin, who has already lost everything, would be like 'all my friends are dead, my people are starving, my only surviving best friend betrayed me for food, my last surviving relative is on the verge of disowning me, this island is basically on fire due to the invasion, they've desecrated the graves of my ancestors, but you killed Taka, who I'm kinda fond of, now it's personal.'

Once Taka dies, slaughtering a bunch of completely unrelated people to make you feel better is not the best idea

As to the rest of act 2, the whole 'sneak through enemy lines as one man to poison the fortress' is only a sane plan because of video game logic. There's a thing called a siege that is useful in these situations.

Also, Jin you just left those arrows in Kage's haunches for days? Really?

Okay, so we're finally starting to see some downsides to Jin's approach. Hope they do something interesting with it.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
And done. Had high expectations because everyone more or less loved this game, turns out it was like RDR, well designed and beautiful, but not for me. The story is written with a sledgehammer. It did throw a curveball at me because I was expecting the storm to play a bigger role.

I think the fundamental thing is the gameplay and story fight each other, in that the theme of the game is not to have honourable duels, but the game needs bossfights regardless, so we end up with constant one on one fair duels.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I think the fundamental thing is the gameplay and story fight each other, in that the theme of the game is not to have honourable duels, but the game needs bossfights regardless, so we end up with constant one on one fair duels.

I think what Jin realised was that slavishly insisting on honour as Lord Shimura did against an overwhelming horde of enemies that didn't care about it just meant that Shimura and his smaller but more honourable army were going to die in vain. Shimura'd probably think that they died with the moral high ground, but that itself would have meant very little when they were supposed to stop the horde from taking over and slaughtering the people of the island. So Jin learnt to employ the stealthy & "dishonourable" way when it was just him against large groups, but against a single foe, a one on one duel wouldn't put him at a disadvantage.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
What if he lost one of those duels? Then he would have doomed the island by slavishly insisting on satisfying his own honour by needlessly disadvantaging himself, just like his uncle.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
You know, I just remembered that during those duels, Jin's use of his ghost gadgets and abilities are limited. So, yeah, I think I get what you mean now about the game forcing you into playing fair.
Odd that I didn't recall that earlier, cos I remember thinking back then that it was BS that I was blocked from using all the tricks I'd learnt.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...arrives-on-ps5-and-ps4-consoles-on-august-20/

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4:

You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD. This upgrade will become available starting on August 20.

Starting on August 20:

If you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $9.99 USD

You can also upgrade directly (from original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $29.99 USD

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Not a big fan of these kinds of crossovers, but I'm sure others like it

Top Bottom