• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections

Dang, this looks a heck of a lot better than that abomination that came out in 2016! I just hope some of the original guys show up sooner or later. And I think that was a devil dog that jumped on the Ecto-1's hood! Seems like Shandor or Gozer might be making a return (the name of the mine was Shandor Mine). Looking good so far!

Jairus

Venkman (about Stay-Puft, who I hope shows up in Afterlife as well): Well, there's somethin' you don't see every day...

Venkman: Okay, so... she's a dog.

Egon: I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

Venkman: You're right. No human being would stack books like this.

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
Venkman (about Stay-Puft, who I hope shows up in Afterlife as well): Well, there's somethin' you don't see every day...

Venkman: Okay, so... she's a dog.

Egon: I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

Venkman: You're right. No human being would stack books like this.
Yes, yes, and yes.
My 7 year old self is doing flips. Really hope they get more of the original cast in there.

Jairus

Me too, I can't wait!

Winston: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"

Winston: That's a big Twinkie.

And if they do a bit with the Twinkie in Afterlife that'll be great, especially as it was Egon who originally brought it up and the story seems to be centered around his grandkids. There are so many great lines and moments in the original, and Afterlife seems to be capturing the spirit of it perfectly so far.

Now I've got the urge to go and watch the original again, hehe...

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
I know the 2nd one gets some crap blown at it, but when I was a kid it was every bit as good as the first. I think the first was better, but I still love the 2nd.

Jairus

Same here, I've always liked it, too. And it's still canon, since it came out in 1989 and that's 30 years ago. Which would make Vigo's ghost crisis that last sighting that Rudd mentioned.

Winston: That is one ugly dude...

Egon: I don't think they make Nike's in her size.

Venkman: We're the best, we're the beautiful, we're the only... Ghostbusters!

"Call it luck, call it fate, call it karma... I believe everything happens for a reason. I believe the trash of 2016 was destined to get thrown outta this place."

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
lol I never even saw it. I was so bummed I just said fuck it. Why treat the first ones like they didn't exist? They are absolute classics that still hold up today. Hope they go easy on the CG and keep the same feel. Trailer looked promising

Jairus

I never saw it either, just knew from glimpses of it and reading about it that it was a joke. And I think the effects for the proton pack firing look the same as in the original, so I don't think they'll go over the top with the CG.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
This is my most anticipated movie of 2020. I've watched the trailer at least once a day since it came out, haha. I grew up watching Ghostbusters and been longing for another installment for years. I remember seeing Ghostbusters II in a drive-in theater while catching the tail end of Batman that night. Never watched Answer the Call.. in it's entirety anyway. Just a few scenes on youtube and was like, wow this is pretty crappy. I think it would've been better if it had a better script, it connected to the original, and took place in a different city than New York.

It was reported that Bill, Dan, Ernie, Sigourney, and Annie Potts will reprise their roles. So I'm curious to see how everything will unfold and see how they'll get involved.

Jairus

Yeah, they're confirmed to be in it, I think they're being held back for later trailers so as not to spoil too much. It really looks good so far, and having the two main kids as Egon's grandchildren serves as both a solid connection to the original gang and a wonderful way to honor both the late Harold Ramis and the character he played and keep him involved the story.

I think, if She-Gozer comes back, it would be absolutely epic if Venkman, just before they take her on, says to Ray, "Let's go get her, Ray." as Ray grins back at him and nods, completely getting the reference. It would be a great callback to the first film and one of its best lines.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, they're confirmed to be in it, I think they're being held back for later trailers so as not to spoil too much. It really looks good so far, and having the two main kids as Egon's grandchildren serves as both a solid connection to the original gang and a wonderful way to honor both the late Harold Ramis and the character he played and keep him involved the story.

I think, if She-Gozer comes back, it would be absolutely epic if Venkman, just before they take her on, says to Ray, "Let's go get her, Ray." as Ray grins back at him and nods, completely getting the reference. It would be a great callback to the first film and one of its best lines.

I think so too, and I agree that it's nice to have the story center around Egon's family. I heard on Kevin Smith's podcast that Jason Reitman pitched the script to Sony, and they greenlit it immediately. No rewrites or anything.

I wonder if we'll actually see Ivo Shandor; I know there was an appearance in the videogame, but it'd be interesting. Haha, maybe if She-Gozer returns, she might ask "Are you a god?" to somebody else and Ray would say "Yes.. say "Yes!" I met Dan Aykroyd many years ago at a signing when he was promoting his vodka and wine. It was pretty lame the store wasn't allowing him to sign GB stuff that day, only on the wine bottles :rage: Anyway, he autographed my bottle and I asked him to write "Get her!" on it. It was great.

Jairus

That would be cool if we did see Ivo. I never played the game, but I intend to eventually, I just have such gaming backlog (espeically once FF7R arrives and gets put right at the top lol) plus a few different creative projects going on at once that it may be a while before I get to it. But I've heard it's really good, so definitely plan to check it out when I can. And that would be great if what you said with Ray happened, especially if it's Winston he looks at for confirmation, since it was Winston who got on him about it in the first film.

That's really great that you got to meet Dan, I'd have loved to have had that chance. Ray and Venkman have always been my favorites of the Ghostbusters, though I do like them all. The only actor I've ever met was George Takei (Sulu from Star Trek TOS) back in a convention when I was in college years ago. He was really nice and very funny. I wish I still had the photo he signed, but unfortunately I lost it over the years. Oh, well. At least I got to meet him. He did say that Star Trek VI was his favorite of the ST movies, which is quite understandable, and he said he loved it when KIrk (Shatner) thanked him for saving his butt (that wasn't the word he used, but you know what I mean lol).

Top Bottom