• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

God of War: Ragnarok

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Super different, but it looks really, REALLY cool.

X:neo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, didn't care about Ascension because I was feeling GoW fatigue but this is making things fresh again. Surprised it is the same Kratos though. Thought it would be a complete reboot or something.

Ghost X

Pretty sure that giant / troll thing said "Valhalla". There seemed to be (possibly bastardised) runes all over the place too. The makers of the original games were planning to have Kratos visit other myths, so maybe they're taking that path. Though, was that Mount Olympus at the end? What's a dragon doing there too? I'm liking what I'm seeing anyway.

Lol at the boy shooting Kratos :P.

Very promising trailer. Seeing Kratos as a father and not just as a raging maniac is a welcome change.

Ghost X

The Norse Mythology angle was pretty much confirmed in a leak two months ago apparently :wacky:. It seems some people want a new character to play rather than Kratos, but I'm sure a well-written story will do this justice.

I'm sure someone will take issue with it being culturally inappropriate for a Greek god (demigod?... forgot) to shit all over Norse gods (perhaps even literally? You neeever know :P), given that many still believe in various denominations of Odinism (a segment of which are white supremacists... awkward). Look forward to the games where he takes on Jesus and Muhammad though :awesome:. J/K. I think it'd be more appropriate to go after earlier myths of the middle eastern region, which were amalgamated into the "monotheistic" Abrahamic god(s). Or... Kratos takes on the Indigenous Australian Dreaming creation gods, etc. You name it, really. Will be interesting to see, if they continue in this way, what they deem to be "safe" myths to write about.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Look forward to the games where he takes on Jesus and Muhammad though :awesome:. J/K. I think it'd be more appropriate to go after earlier myths of the middle eastern region, which were amalgamated into the "monotheistic" Abrahamic god(s).

Sort of the basic idea of that Dante's Inferno game. "God of War with Christian mythology," which was a sweet idea, unfortunately the rest of the game was stupid.

I always had a similar problem with God of War, though. The Greek mythology angle was a cool one, but Kratos was just so thoroughly unlikable I could never get into it. (DOES. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. NEED TO BE SAID. WITH A GUTTURAL ROAR?!)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
^It seems like they're gonna address that.

There was this moment where he shouted at his son, then stopped midway, took a breath and continued in a calm voice.

Looks like he might have taken some anger management lessons. :wacky:

Shouty Kratos definitely was a flanderization after the first game though.

I hope we'll see a changed Kratos. Less psycho, more relatable. Would be interesting.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Also, did you notice his anger indicator in the top left during that scene and how it mellows out? Super rad. I'm interested in seeing the way things progress and seeing how much has changed.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Mixed feelings. On the one side, w00t God of War. On the other, I was kinda hoping for a full reboot, i.e. a new lead character. I prefer origin stories over part X in a series.

Very promising trailer. Seeing Kratos as a father and not just as a raging maniac is a welcome change.

No u, Kratos being a raging maniac was half the awesome of the previous games, :monster:. Part of me is hoping this trailer just gives a false sense of mellowness, the kid dies, and Kratos goes "The Gods of Asgard have abandoned me" and vows to destroy them all. ALL. MURDER AND VIOLENCE, RAGE, RAAGE, WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm okay

Lex

Administrator
Something Yop has always said is that he enjoys GoW for it's ability to allow him to express his masculine rage (in different words of course, this is Yop we're talking about). But yeah genuinely think you're right Ghost :D

So I came to this thread to say: even if you're not a GoW fan (I'm a bit of a fan, I always enjoyed the gameplay at least), I don't think anybody can deny the utterly genius move by Sony to open the show with the live orchestra playing the song, and the music throughout the trailer. I say this because I'm still thinking about it, and I've now rewatched the whole pre-opening and opening segment twice. That's good marketing XD.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So there's a mysterious hooded figure watching Kratos that I didn't even notice...

aNLHqid.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
God of War triggers the same primal response as the Hulk does.

And monster trucks. FUCK YEAH MONSTER TRUCKS

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
AREEES! THOOOR!

GoW games are gold. I do hope they add a bit of replayability to this one though.

Top Bottom