Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Hallelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! out October 16

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Fuck. Yes.

Between "Albanian" and "Gamelan" and the new stuff apparently being worked on now, I'm hoping we get a new album sometime this year or next.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
http://cstrecords.com/gybe-lp-pre-orders-suspended-due-to-overwhelming-demand/

The response to our GYBE album announcement and pre-order has been overwhelming. The band is humbled and so are we. Huge thanks to everyone who cares so passionately about the group.

In the past 14 hours we have received as many LP orders as we can fulfill and mail out from our Montreal HQ such that they still arrive to customers by the official release date 2 weeks from now. CDs are still available for pre-order, and we’ll start taking orders for the LP again soon, but for the time being:

LP PRE-ORDERS IN OUR WEB STORE ARE NOW SUSPENDED.

Please check back on our site over the next couple of days for further developments.

Meantime…

We apologise for any inconvenience. We sincerely and strongly encourage you to support independent music retailers by buying the album when it is in stores or appears on other mail-order sites. Constellaton and GYBE care deeply about keeping indie record shops alive and viable – please support them by requesting/reserving the album, or if you do not live anywhere near a good indie store, check out the many stores that do also have online shops.

Record Store Day has an excellent indie store locater here:
www.recordstoreday.com/Venues

Our UK distributor Cargo Records has a list of UK indie shops here:
www.cargorecords.co.uk/collective

Good pricing from indie retail on the GYBE LP would be in the 18.00-23.00 range (USD/CAN/EUR/GBP – we can’t really speak for other currencies or territories).

We have pressed a pretty large amount of vinyl but because of the proximity of the announcement to release date, this LP stock is already allocated and moving through numerous distributors to get the album in shops. There is no need to be paying any sort of premium on e-bay or elsewhere in the next couple of weeks as substantial LP stock is going to be out there and available upon release date.

Utmost thanks again for your interest and support!

Best,
Ian & Don at Constellation

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
GYBE CD & LP PRE-ORDERS IN THE CONSTELLATION WEB STORE ARE NOW CLOSED, OTHER SUPPLIERS AVAILABLE

Day two after the GYBE album announcement and our web shop has been pleasantly, unexpectedly and utterly overwhelmed by orders for the new Godspeed album.

In light of the limited time left before the record hits shops on October 15/16, and because we can no longer guarantee shipment by release date for any further pre-orders, we’ve suspended sales through our web store.

If you’ve received confirmation from our web store about an order you’ve placed, we promise we are working around the clock to get all pre-orders in the mail to all regions of the globe so that they arrive by the Oct 15 release date.

Please rest assured that plenty of records (on both LP and CD) have been pressed and will be widely available at shops around the world on (or in some cases, possibly shortly after) the release date.

Our release page provides links to recommended independent retailers (physical shops and mail-order services) that we encourage you to consider.

This is a follow-up announcement to our previous post yesterday.

Thanks for your support and understanding; both are appreciated immensely!

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'm not sure I could even rank one of their albums as "weakest" (Skinny Fists is probably strongest though, followed closely by Slow Riot). This is something of a refinement of the sound they developed on Yanqui for me. The only possible complaint I could come up with is that there isn't more new material, but since they've started playing a new 45-minute song, I don't really much care about that either.

Top Bottom