Godzilla - Heart of the Beast

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
My first person perspective on Godzilla based on certain scenes of the 2014 film and some theories based on his motives as to why he hunts the MUTOs down rather than an animalistic reason. Some parts alludes to Mothra and Dinosaurs but not greatly, I hope its enjoyable. :3

Godzilla – Heart of the Beast

We thrived off the land, we are born as the leaders of this world to see its potential grow stronger with each passing millennia. Others have also fed off the land’s limitless power, some for benevolent purposes and others to spread their disease amongst us. They are like poison, and my people have died time and again combating these winged creatures. The males were weak, but we take heed not to underestimate their prowess whereas their women were just about our size. I could see that establishing a truce with this tribe was futile from the day they killed another clan of winged beings, never again will I dance to the presence of their vibrant colours or see their soothing silk mark their territories or guide our children.

I was the first to see how these vile vermin spread; it was our duty to see the land in balance and it so we did. We perished bringing them to justice and brought death with us in our wake of conflicts. I saw the horrors of our bouts brought to homes of countless others, it was the time that I saw my mate, a beautiful female suffer amongst our people. I could remember the pain she felt as her body’s energies fed these creatures before finally I saw the life left her eyes as they spawned and desecrated her corpse. I will never forget these creatures; I ensured her will survived through my boundless rage.

I could not count the years I dedicated myself to hunting them down to extinction. Eras passed like leaves in the seasons, I could feel the air thinning as my personal war with them escalated. They too seemed to be susceptible to the energies that we fed on. This tribe, relentless as they may be, are dwindling along with mine. I could no longer sustain my body in this horrid air as newer and tinier creatures had begun to walk the land; our age was ending. But my war with this tribe of insects still continued until we no longer could keep up, I sunk to the depths of the ocean where the energies once expended by the land till remain as fruitful as ever. I would slumber there, hoping one day to see my revenge completed.

I slumbered endlessly, dreamt of brighter days where she and I could walk amongst the land’s other tribes and the enemy remained at their heels. I enjoyed this sentiment, the one gift this world had given me yet. At a certain point in my time, where I could feel age crumbling my body, a new form of energy bombarded my body. I took the time to rise from the land’s depths, the oceans were a lot cleaner now, and rising from the watery graves I felt no sign of the enemy. I passed lands no bigger than my hands or feet, small creatures followed me like little parasites while I took the time to adjust my surroundings. It was then I could see that same energy oncoming, as if a spark intended to reignite this old body of mine, I welcomed the gift they had sent me before retreating back to the depths with certainty that my enemy is dead and my time in this world is shortening.

A short amount of years passed once more before a familiar sound caught my ears: the enemy… young and contemptuous to overtake this new tribe of tiny creatures had awakened, to my grief, from the remains of my mate before the weak male moved to a different part of the land to incubate away from the female. Left overs I felt from the once powerful tribe of insects, I scoffed, before grinning at a chance to redeem myself rather than let time eat away at me. I hope the tiny tribes would come to terms with my presence, as it was my intention to end their problematic menace before it would spark another crisis on this land I once knew. My brief presence almost decades back has had me adjusted well to the land; it was there I listened to the weak male insect’s calls while the incubating female responded back. Their cries incited untold fury within me.

I listened intently until the time when these pests would hatch unto their fully fledged forms, where I would show the ghosts of their ancestors that we still are the alpha predators of this era and the last till time ends. Finally, after another fleeting decade, the male had grown. Young as he was, he made an ambitious move to a tropical region of the world to feast on the energies these tiny creatures have harnessed in the form of lifeless creatures unknown to me. It was my time to strike back at them, arriving on land; I felt the air lacking the distilled feeling it once had. Nests lay before me tiny but manageable to move about, these tiny creatures are creative I will admit.

Arriving at another nest where strange lifeless air beasts remained I confronted my prey, he had no idea how his presence incited the burning rage in my heart as he called out to me like the child he was. With one territorial roar, I engaged him in combat. Cursing this old body of mine, I was unable to outmanoeuvre the boy’s nimble moves. He took my shoulders and nearly snapped a bone trying to pull me away before realizing he was hopelessly outclassed by my timeless experience in fighting his forefathers, he fled like the coward his race were. I pursued him unto the ocean, ignoring these tiny creatures that had gathered to see our age old battle.

I pressured the boy to reuniting with his mate, which by now I feel will have grown into a female no larger than I, with intention to slay them where they stood and honouring the fallen comrades and my lost beloved eons ago. I anticipated that moment with feral glee, as the tiny creatures now decided to ally themselves with me, a wise choice for I would show them true rage had they shown allegiance to the pests I intend to destroy.

Sensing that they are reuniting in a dense city populated by these tiny tribes, I made haste. I found my new allies to be more of a blunder than an asset, as I decided to be rid of them to hasten the death of the boy and his woman before they unleash their horde of offspring unto the poor and unfortunate souls I have now been tasked of safe keeping.

The waters became shallow, unable to sink further; I awaited the boy to dive from the skies. However, these tiny creatures proved to destroy my plans at every turn. Without realizing it, I may have caused a grievance by them, their tiny weapons proved useless to me, merely prickles. I had enough games with these pathetic things as I crushed their structure to pave way with intention of catching my prey.

I sunk back to the depths before I could catch glimpses of their beasts dying; it was a sign that the boy and his woman were close…

The boy had finally made his presence known, as predicted, he dove from the sky to acquire a device housing untold energies harnessed by the foolish tiny creatures with intent to court his woman in a twisted ritual. I bided my time underneath the waters as I could hear their clicks and cries as the courtship began, for a moment I felt sorry for the poor creatures caught under their heel. Their ritual under their city was a display for what horrors may come if the unholy couple had laid their young.

After gifting his mate, the boy began to establish his dominance over the tiny ones. His pathetic attempts proved laughable at best for I am about to show him true pain.

Rising from the waters and emitting a growl, I eyed the boy, calling out to him to bring this fight man to man. Indistinct cries from the tiny creatures made apparent, the boy snarled and dove towards me, we engaged in a fight to the death in nests housing thousands of these tiny creatures.

Nightfall had arrived. Our fight continued amidst the flames and smoke of the nests, destroying most of their livelihood as my rage engulfed the tiny city. The boy put up a good fight, but his inexperience was mostly hit and run tactics and he was using his speed to his advantage, I could barely keep up due to lacking the energy of the land I once had as a young one but my hide and strength are primed to its maximum. I had kept a secret weapon of our people hidden from them, but I prefer to use it in dire situations.

The boy had fled, inciting my rage even further, I could see him retreating to his woman. Large as she was, she was younger than the boy and to my horror she had laid their brood in a series of tunnels. She called me out in a defiant roar as she taunted me by laying her brood, almost as if her intention was to tell me that my people’s efforts to fight them are for naught.

I turned back to face her and approached her with a face intending to butcher her and her man child mate. I gave her a terrifying growl that resonated the nests as well as her brood, hoping it would terrify her young to die within incubation. The female stood her ground and made her approach to combat me, to me that was quite gutsy for a child. I entertained her with pleasure, her lack of combat experience proved to make her quite easy but her species’ tough hides were challenging to break off. I intend to push her towards the ocean where I would finish her off but her arms anchored her towards the large nests of these tiny creatures as she called out for her boy in desperation, I was within seconds of ending her miserable life before her boy swooped down to save her from death.

The fight turned over into their favour, I have fought males throughout my lifetime but never in a two way stand between mates. I held my ground, but my body was at its limit as I tried my best to soak all the damage the couple were battering me with. I felt furious unable to retaliate back, wondering if this will be the end of our tribe’s legacy, our species as a whole.

Suddenly an explosion engulfed their nest in the distance, the girl turned and roared in horror as she rushed to see what had become of her brood along with the boy. They took off, allowing me ample time to recover from their fight. I could hear her cries of sorrow as I confirmed the death of their entire brood, now they know pain and loss. Now they knew what it felt to see their loved ones die as they helplessly watched. Seizing this chance, I unleashed my weapon: Atomic Breath, energies of the world within my body and the blast from the tiny creatures’ weapons ages ago had awakened untold power. The energy charged from my tail, climbing before I fired the blast unto her face. Her grief had somehow helped me gain advantage that was lost, as I bombarded her with the breath of untold power.

She was weakening, partly due to the loss of her offspring and due to my strength. I kept the pressure but her boy had recovered and dragged me away from her to give her time. Our battle destroyed countless nests, we took our fight away from his mate and I decided to end matters with him once and for all, grabbing his wings I flung him off as he made a quick turn around to try and catch me by my back. He took a dive, and with my feint he fell for my trap: I swung my tail as the spikes pierced him against the backdrop of an extremely tall nest crafted by the tiny creatures.

The boy gave a faint cry before his life ended, before I had a chance to gloat my victory, the nest had crumbled down, taking me with it. I have never felt so much rubble crushing my body, it was going to take time to pull out from this.

I lay there, exhausted from the bout and my wounds have yet to heal. Down there, amongst the small lanes lining the nests was a young creature that looked at me briefly, almost in child-like wonder to something as monstrous as myself. I nodded as smoke engulfed me, before fading to black for a moment. I could feel my nerves shot and I felt defeated, yet there still remained one last problem and her roars of grief filled the skies with terror.

Recovering, I could see the girl chasing the tiny creatures. No doubt they had a part in the destruction of their nest. I saw her staring down at something, this gave me a perfect opportunity to strike back at her and end this threat. With quick precision, I bit her neck and dragged her away from what was distracting her and pulled her back to land. Opening her mouth and charging what power I had left, I unleashed the fury I had felt to these pests from time immemorial. The breath burnt her body limp and her decapitated head dangled in my hand like a trophy, as I looked to the skies and roared with victorious gusto. Almost a miracle, the nests destroyed by the battle and all that remained standing lit up at the death of the female.

I stumbled back to land, pained and tired. One last look at the life-filled city assured me that this day; these creatures may sleep easy as I fell to the ground, no doubt taking the last breath I felt I had.

Daylight broke through. The tiny ones walked all over trying to recover others caught in the battle that night, I slumbered still breathing underneath the rubbles of their nests. One growl came from me, alerting most of them. I opened my eyes to see hundreds of them eying me with worry, as if clinging to me like I was one of them ensuring that I was alright. This was the first time I had seen empathy from them, when days prior they would not hesitate to brand me a menace like the insects.

No matter, my fight was with the insect couple, not these creatures of remarkable accomplishments... And I could finally be relieved that all traces of that tribe was destroyed to pave way for these creatures. They have changed this land, and maybe perhaps I could see where this future leads. I rose from my sleep, healed from the fight and began to make my way towards home: the sea.

I could hear their cries of joy as I finally awoken from the troubling night, my walk towards the ocean was akin to a hero’s send off as their flying beasts buzzed around me to catch glimpses of my stride. It was unfathomable to have such strange bipedal creatures cheer for a beast such as myself, with a relief of life still lingering in this world I gave them a victorious roar to show what I am. A roar that once resonated through the past, to my lost love, to my long departed friends and family, you all still live within me: Godzilla, King of the Monsters. With a new dawn for them and others like myself to follow, I sunk back to the depths of the ocean to parts unknown.

This world has become even more fascinating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom