• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Good strategies for getting the pull ups trophy?

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Jules is a monster - even without making a single mistake, I can't beat him. Anyone know a reliable way to do it? I have the volume off and I focus on Tifa and the buttons, but I don't know what else to do.

Oh, and Ite, new mod idea - something to keep the button prompts from disappearing. And slow Jules down.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm one of those asshole motherfuckers who got it easy and beat Jules in less than 10 tries. I can only say that there's an element of luck to it that you can do nothing about.

If you can get through it without messing up, then you're at least already on the right track. Work your way up to being comfortable increasing your speed if you aren't already getting at least 38 pull-ups. I don't think I ever saw Jules get less than 37, even when falling twice.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Jules' minimum is 37, and his max is 44 I believe (though that's just from my experience) How many he does depends on when he falls, it's better for him to fall right before he starts to accelerate, so he has to do the beginning twice which takes the longest.

It might be better to mute the game, the music can be distracting and break rythem. In my experience I found that taking a break between the two rounds by pausing the game was effective too, since I kept reverting back to my muscle memory from round 1 in round 2 and screwing up if I went straight into round 2.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I'm also one of these guys...
As you can judge from the other replies, once you get your game in the range of 40-44 pull-ups, then it's a matter of patience and luck for beating him.
I think the key is about not messing up the early pull-ups, which are the slowest - don't get impatient at that stage. Every time you go through a "burn" (multiple presses on the same button), pick up the pace. It's then important to be steady and fast. I wonder if you'd rather imagine a Sirtaki tune being played in the background :mon:
And mostly, don't let Jules distract you, especially when he's "in the zone" around the end of the second round. He'll eventually fall, and if you don't lose your focus you can catch up right before the countdown is done.

I wonder what kind of record people have been able to pull. I'd think the ceiling is probably at 50.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Never wanted to say this because I don't want to sound like an insensitive ass, but I can't relate to anyone who had a hard time with Jules tbh. Believe it or not, I beat him on the first try so he didn't make quite the impression on me. Thought he was easy? But then again maybe I just got lucky without realizing because after I went around the interwebs and found out a lot of folks were having a difficult time with him I was just surprised and mostly confused, I must have really lucked out.

Don't know any secret strategies. I just followed the rhythm (and some internal rhythm in my head?). Relax maybe? I have this feeling that maybe when I try against Jules again I may have a hard time with him now because I'm going to be thinking how he's supposed to be this pull ups monster and I'm going to get crushed by the pressure. Ignorance truly is bliss.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
If I had continued to struggle I would have muted the music, but I beat it without needing to. I once tied him at 44, and then when I won he also had 44 and I had 45.

I just tried my best to ignore him and focus purely on my button presses and learning when I was allowed to start speeding up

Top Bottom