Gotham

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I didn't see a thread for this show, so thought I'd go ahead and make one.

While the first season was imho up and down, I really liked the first two episodes of the new season. I particularly like the actor who plays Jerome, he's my new favourite thing about the show.

Can't wait to see how this season progresses, quite impressed so far.

Pixel

The Pixie King
The series definitely has its problems. The first season had some iffy writing. They dont seem to know what they're doing with Barbara.

The Joker definitely is cast really well. They just need to not fuck up the writing with "this would be a cool line" dialogue.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Is it definitely the Joker, though?

Not that I would be opposed to it, but I didn't know if it was 100% confirmed.

It also makes me wonder if they're shaping Barbara into their version of Harley Quinn. It wouldn't be entirely ridiculous since TV adaptations don't necessarily and always follow the comics.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
He's a possible candidate to be the Joker but not the actual one yet. They may end up going with someone else. They should go with someone else, the Joker should never have a backstory.

I watched most of the first season and aside from a few good performances, the show has been a complete disaster. I've been hearing that so far season 2 has been better but considering how low season 1 left the bar, that ain't saying much. If by the end of the season it manages to stay consistently decent and doesn't do anything hugely stupid, I may give it another chance.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
the Joker should never have a backstory.

Pretty much this. Even in the Killing Joke which is often cited as a Joker origin story (generally by people who probably didn't read it/read comics) establishes that it could be complete BS. The best part about the Joker is that unlike other characters with ambiguous and secret pasts is his does not matter and if asked you never know what story he might tell you (a la the very nihilistic Joker in TDK)

I've seen the first 2 episodes of this show so far. It doesn't seem awful so far but there are definitely better shows in this style currently.

Top Bottom