Green Lantern (Film)

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Ryan Reynolds is officially the man in green! Granted, he may not be the best, but he'll definitely be a fanservice for the fangirls!

Discuss.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Yeah Reynolds is gonna be Hal Jordon.

No Fillion is fail. Movie's probably going to shit all over the character and mythos anyway. I have little faith in this project.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
Yeah Reynolds is gonna be Hal Jordon.

No Fillion is fail. Movie's probably going to shit all over the character and mythos anyway. I have little faith in this project.

I don't think it'll be that bad. I mean, I don't think they'd make it unless the script wasn't good, and Reynolds' attachment is also a positive. Seriously, out of all the cows they could milk they chose GREEN LANTERN!!!! Flash and Wonder Woman by all means should've been first.

And I wonder if they'll set this up in the Nolan-verse like Marvel's doing? I'm sure Nolan wouldn't approve, but I think they'll still do it. I'd imagine Superman would be in the Nolan-verse too.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't think it'll be that bad. I mean, I don't think they'd make it unless the script wasn't good, and Reynolds' attachment is also a positive.

Bwhahahahahahahhahaa. I don't think you know anything about Green Lantern past "guy with a power ring".

Seriously, out of all the cows they could milk they chose GREEN LANTERN!!!! Flash and Wonder Woman by all means should've been first.
Fuck you, Green Lantern is one of DC's best properties.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
Bwhahahahahahahhahaa. I don't think you know anything about Green Lantern past "guy with a power ring".

Fuck you, Green Lantern is one of DC's best properties.

I meant compared to all of the other movies they could've made, and they said over and over again that they'd make, they chose Green Lantern. Why? Because it was the most solid of the bunch.

Agreed, I'm saying in general popularity. I'm saying Wonder Woman and Flash are more popular. Not to mention Batman and Superman.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I meant compared to all of the other movies they could've made, and they said over and over again that they'd make, they chose Green Lantern. Why? Because it was the most solid of the bunch.

Or you know, it's the one with a script that's been approved and ready to film. That doesn't mean it's going to be good, AT ALL. I have little faith. I hope it is good, but it's probably gonna be shit.

Agreed, I'm saying in general popularity. I'm saying Wonder Woman and Flash are more popular. Not to mention Batman and Superman.

Yeah, that's bullshit. Wonder Woman is not more popular that Green Lantern, and she has more haters than the bunch of them. What you're trying to say(or should be) is she's more widely known.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Reynolds was originally attached to a Flash film. Don't know what happened to that though.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
Same thing that happened to Wonder Woman, Superman, and JLA. They probably just said, hey since we're not doing Flash we'll just give Lantern to Ryan Reynolds anyway.

And Dacon, popularity isn't soley exclusive to fan base. Not everybody has to like something for it to be popular, it just has to be well known. Ex. Two Girls One Cup. Nobody likes it, in fact most people are truly disgusted by it. But everybody's seen it.

And yeah thats what I meant.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Sympathy for the Flash film may have been a very small part of it seeing as there were a number of candidates they had a hard time picking from for a little while.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
I mean like when Flash fell apart, since they already had good relations with Reynolds, and I'm sure he was enthusiastic about it, they chose him.

EDIT: It would be EASIER in a sense.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
And Dacon, popularity isn't soley exclusive to fan base. Not everybody has to like something for it to be popular, it just has to be well known. Ex. Two Girls One Cup. Nobody likes it, in fact most people are truly disgusted by it. But everybody's seen it.

No shit.

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
I would rather watch a sequel to Dragon Ball:Evolution than this epic fail to be.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I think it would have been more logical to do Wonder Woman, basically because she had her own classic TV show which was a hit and did have a huge fanbase (despite the haters). It also may have drawn in a new generational crowd of women/girls to look at a famous icon from years ago and resurrect her. Go feminism.

Either way, Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool. Granted, different companies an shit but still... I think it's gonna be a bit weird to see an actor play one super and be another.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Considering he's completely wrong for the role, yeah it's gonna be weird.

I half think he only got the role because he's hot and a decent actor.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Is there any confirmation of the name? I was always under the impression that the GL was black, and then I wiki'd him and it seems that there's more than one. Sounds like he might be Hal.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The original Green Lantern was white.

It's going to be Hal, who has always been Green Lantern save a few moments of downtime. John Stewart is his partner.

Winter Nights

Cold-Hearted Bitch
When I think of Hal Jordan, I don't really think "funny guy". Granted, Reynolds has shown that he can do drama, but his characters usually have some wittiness to them. That said, he's a fine actor, so we'll see how he makes it work.

Winter Nights

Cold-Hearted Bitch
Eh.. I think the writers ruined Deadpool, which is prolly why he opted to do GL instead of the Deadpool spin-off he was pushing for.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
FOX ruined Deadpool.

Reynolds should have stayed far away from that.

He's still doing the spin off though, it's not like he gave it up.

Top Bottom