• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Guessing Game: When will we get the remake?

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Yeah I'm gonna amend my guess to February 2020.

I thought we'd hear about it sometime this month, or early May. But now I think the reveal will be at that June concert, which slightly pushes back my estimate. I think 4-5 months is too short a time for building hype in the minds of Squenix. Whereas reveal in June and release in February gives them a bit longer. And still fits with those investor reports about a higher income for this financial year.

February is probably the latest it could be to have a massive effect on the financial year. March 2020 would mean more of the sales end up falling in the next financial year instead.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
That would certainly make sense. Just feels a bit late for the fiscal deadline, which is why I went with mid-January. I also chose a Tuesday close to the anniversary day because a lot of places release shit on Tuesday.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Not a guesstimate as such, but rather thinking out loud.

What do you people think of March 2020 in view of the rumour that PS5 May release at that time, meaning it could be released on both PS4 and its successor a la TLoZ:BotW on Wii U and Switch?

pxp

Pro Adventurer
PS5 in March? I was thinking it would be a Holdiay release at earliest.
Various outlets have been quoting the same leak:

“According to the leak, the PlayStation 5 will either be released in March 2020 or November 2020, and will cost $499 (£380).

With Sony skipping E3 this year, industry experts believe that the PS5 will be unveiled at a smaller event in Q2 of 2019.”

Also someone on r/ says “.... according to the profit data from Sony investors meeting it's likely to be released in the first half of 2020 probably around March.” I’ve asked them for the source but no reply yet.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I wonder how much a like-new PS4 sells for...

It’s about to sell for a lot cheaper! Maybe I’ll finally get one.

I wouldn’t be surprised if FF7R is about to be announced as a PS5 launch title, which would make my guess of November 2020 pretty close!

They might do one of those things where they release it for both PS4 and PS5, straddling the launch while staying true to their 2015 announcement of “PS4.” They will move the most units that way, and moving units is what they want for FF7R, desperately.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
With PS5 confirmed backwards compatible I could imagine this being released essentially as a PS4 game but with PS5 enhancements. I could see games being cross-gen but rather than releasing two separate versions it's the same unit branded for both PS4/5 and the games basically have PS4/PS4 Pro/PS5 graphics options.
That'd be neat :monster:

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Yeah given that both next-gen consoles are almost definitely gonna be backcompatible, I think most AAA games for 2020 and 2021 will probably be similar to how games with the XboxOneX have been.

The PS4 will get the game at 1080p and 30fps. The PS5 will get 4K and 60fps.

Ite

AKA
Ite
What, like a PS5-exclusive patch/update? That's legit.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I....think that when Sony announced that PS5 is coming out sometime after April next year and before 2021 that Square decided to now hurry up and that they really wanted at least the first part of the Remake to be on PS4 and not end up doing the FFXV route of changing platforms again(from PS3 when it was FF Versus XIII to PS4 as well as getting a new title).

March or April could be a good guess for Part 1 of the Remake. Personally, I think it's going to end up being rushed like FFXV and KH3 and then it's the trouble of the DLC, plus porting Part 1 onto PS5 while doing the rest of the parts of the Remake, PLUS Nomura getting demands to do more KH games and it's gonna be a repeat of their past mistakes all over again and I'm worried about that.

Ite

AKA
Ite
For an international release? More likely for the Christmas season.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I think we'll get it at the end of this year.

Guess the date and you get $100

I still believe Q1 2020. January or February to be exact. I think it’ll be like KH3 was this year and that they’ll push it hard this year and then release it early next year. I could still see a late 2019 release if the stars align, though. I believe we will get, at the very least, a release window at E3.

I am also firmly in the Q1, as you'll see if you look back. I would be pleased to see it earlier, however!

Reactions: pxp
Top Bottom