• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Gym Leader Devil's Gym Shenanigans

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
So, after Brooke's awesome walking Pokemon thread, I got inspired and started screwing around with sprites and the like using Gimp. My stuff isn't half as good as hers (mine don't move, for instance), but I been having fun with it and figured why not show off what I have managed?

So, further inspiring me was the TLS Pokemon League which we have in the works. For any new folk who don't know what the hell that is, find out here http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7944 (we're still accepting sign-ups btw, which would get me to make you one of these). Since at least some of us members will end up being Gym Leaders ourselves, I made up Gyms with a city name and quote by working with requests from our members. And yes, I already showed some of these off in the Chit-Chat thread, but this seems a more appropriate place for them, so I'll add new stuff here from now on.

n6vpyu.png

actlk0.png

izx4xx.jpg

And although he is taking a leave of absence, I went ahead and made one for
wimr6g.png

That last one is unfinished of course, when he feels up to it I'll need to ask him if he likes what I did there (I hope so cause as far as I am concerned its one of the coolest) and get a good Gym Quote and city name for it. If you happen to look in here man, we be thinking of you.

I also plan on making one for Aki and Omega too, if they want one. Already got good backgrounds picked out and such, just need to know what the masters of Dragon and Steel prefer in terms of building, quote, and city name :monster:

I got some more stuff I been kicking around I'll show off some other time if people wanna check it out.

Clicky Person

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nanny Ogg
Sweetness.

Me, I need to stop drawing so much and train!

Devil told me to come and post em here. :glomp:

Feeeewd.jpg

Laura.png

Gotta eat em all! Gotta eat em all! :loopy: Stupid catchy tune!

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Makes me wanna train my mons again. Welp least I know what to get for Christmas. Black, Platinum and a DS. :awesome:

Please teach me how to bring gen 3 mons over ; . ; I do need em...

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
If you wanna bring your Gen III mons to Gen V, you need a Gen IV game as a go between and an older DS with dual-slot capabilities, and a second DS. Then you pass the mons into the Gen IV game via Pal Park, re-catch them there, and finally play a mini-game using both of the DSes with a different game card in each to transfer them into the Gen V game. Yes it is an enormous pain in the ass, and no it cannot be done without two DSes, at least one of which has to be old enough to have dual slots.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
SON OF A ...

Shit that looks hard to pull and alot of cash to spend = v =

anyone has a female ralts, male torchick, male treeko and male mudkip on standby? :monster: ;;;;

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I can getcha a male Torchic and Treecko easy enough. Could probably manage a female Ralts too given some time. Mudkip is beyond my ability as of this time.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I remember we cant change nicknames once we do. But please name my torchick, Chicken Kid. Treecko is Lizard (badass and simple), while Ralts is Tao. I dont mind if I dont get a mudkip, I prefer Gen 4's water starter or Gen 5.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Alright, let me know when you get around to getting your game and I'll set up the two starters and my Kirlia you requested with my Ditto.

Clicky Person

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nanny Ogg
I need to breed myself a male ralts anyways. If I get a girl I can name it Tao and hold onto it for you.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Just finished this for Clicky Person's TLS League Team:

313hirl.png

It is, of course, inspired whole-sale by the sprite work Brooke did to make sigs like my own. I based the trainer sprite on her actual avatar that she made with the Sims 2 (yes I am aware the shirt and dress colors are reversed, she liked it better that way). I'm fairly proud of the side braid, which I made piece by piece using cut up bits of different recolored sprites. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I have no preference for building design, but quote, sure.

Sulumuc City Gym

Leader - Drake. Dominating battles with sky-high talent!

My trainer sprite, either of these will do.

Spr_BW_Veteran_M.png
DPGambler.png

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I'm considering a lighthouse or similar for you Drake. I'll see what I can do for you :monster:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Alright Drake my friend, I cba to work on your gym right at the moment, but I did fix up your trainer with team using the sprite you requested.

2r759bn.png

You and Omega still haven't discussed if its cool for you both to use Skarmory or not (unless you did it via pm or something) so I made sure to save a copy as an xcf file with the layers separated, in case I need to switch anything out. Thus if you want the trainer sprite recolored or the positions moved around, I can do that as well. :monster:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Ah shit, totally forgot about that. Ok well forget about that part of my reasoning then. At least my "in case you want the positions changed around" reason is still valid :monster: On another note, I got bored and decided I could be arsed to work on this after all:

2vn5ddv.jpg

^Did anyone else look at this and think "I bet this Gym has one of those annoying puzzles you have to solve in order to get to the stairs/elevator and ride up to where the Leader no doubt has the entire top all to himself and his mons?" Cause Tiff and I both did.

Edit: Ok, I was still bored so I whipped this up:

ofom4g.png

Hopefully it stands out as a Steel-type Gym. If you like what I did here (and can handle a bit of effort :awesome:) feel free to shoot a gym quote and such my way so I can finish it up.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Hey Drake, you never mentioned you wanted the Gyrados to be shiny when I was making that Trainer sprite. I like your new sig with the flipping coin and stuff btw. Anyway, it probably won't see much use but I fixed it anyway:

2kodog.png

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Thanks. :) Sorry for not replying the other day, didn't notice this thread :p.

My trainer gimmick is speaking in Luxord quotes as a tribute to my sprite's true identity :) It totally works too.

"Look closely!"

"Don't squander your time!"

"Look who's on top of the game!"

"You play the game quite well."

My gym gimmick reflects the theme of gambling, with flipping doors that looks like cards and you have to push blocks around to determine where they open, and giant roulette wheels that rotate when you step on certain tiles to bring trainers into view.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Yeah, I can see all that fitting inside that lighthouse and taking forever to get through :monster: I see my gym themed as fear and darkness, with thin metal gratings or plates arranged in a maze over a drop into infinite darkness below. No hand rails, of course, and very little light in the entire interior. Maybe some smoke billowing up here and there. I was trying to make an image of the interior at one time but it was hard and I lost interest :monster:

In other news, I just finished this for Tiff:

15wz24l.png

Made it in the usual style, she picked the trainer from the Platnium sheet, and had me recolor the yellow bits pink.

And because I was bored while TLS was unavailable today (thank you whoever fixed that!) I also made this as a thing for the TLS League:

23udb1l.png

This took all of thirty seconds, of course, so it didn't alleviate much boredom, but it gives a better look at Tiff and Clicky's trainer sprites, so I figured I'd add it in anyway. I had a version with their teams all lined up as well, but this one looked better to me.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I aim to please my friend :awesome:

Edit: As the tournament draws closer, I decided to put a second one together. And thus we have...

23lgiuv.png

^TRENCH COAT FIGHT^

I had to partly rebuild my own trainer sprite here, since I failed to save it properly when I made my avatar. And I wanted to use the one I made myself, rather than cheating and using the one Brooke set up for me. Even though hers is better :monster:

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Well, this is already in my sig at present but it fits the theme of my thrad here so well I figured I'd put it in. Besides, I'm proud of it. I cheated a bit and used Brooke's expertly edited sprite that she made me as the base. But, I made the second stage entirely on my own, albeit from the same stock she had me pick the original out from. I particularly like the way the perspective on the hair changes along with the turning of the head. And sure recoloring the eyes red at the moment the head turns was easy, but I love the effect. It stands out so much better with them starting out black and then changing than when I had just added the red to the static image. And sure, I had a little accident with the crop tool that I cba to fix right now, but its a Cacturne. I bet that'll grow back :monster:

2rps8zq.gif

Now when I someday decide to get a different one, my first successful foray into animating sprites will be preserved here.

Edit: Oh yeah, lemme give a little credit to Drake as well. His coin-flipping animated sig was what got me to wondering if maybe I could pull off at least a simple animation of my own.

Edit the second: I touched up a few of the issues with this, so now its even more awesome.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I just finished this for Tifabelle, who was kind enough to give me something to do with my time despite not being a big Pokemon fan:

16atf8z.png

She wanted cute, so I did my best. I talked her into doing more complex stuff than she had requested originally. I recolored and slimmed down part of the arms to make the sleeves shorter. Also filled in the hair some afterward :awesome: Also recolored the top to make it a one-piece dress rather than a shirt and skirt combo.

I like how she's petting the Glaceon. Even with the risk of frost-bite, its sweet.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
yaaay! so cute! The trainer is so adorable and I love how she's petting the glaceon too XD

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Ok, just made this for pure editing practice.

2nhm5oo.png

The Master Sword and Hylian Shield aren't my work, I just put them in for completion's sake. Everything else, I made by way of taking apart five different sprites, recoloring the pieces and slimming them down as needed, and putting them together to make a Pokemon sprite version of Link.

Anyway, someone let me know what they think of this, and don't be gentle if there is something wrong. Like I said, it was for practice (though I'd happily use this if someone liked it and wanted a Link with Pokemon sprite for some reason).

And like it or not, I hereby dub him Link, the Hero of Mons. :awesome:

Edit: Made some changes already based on some good criticisms I've gotten, so I put the edited version here and leave the original for comparison.

2uh2szn.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom