• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Happy birthday TLS!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So, about ten years and a couple hours ago, I registered the thelifestream.net domain name. thelifestream.net was founded via FFOF, which for a long time was an unofficial backup or refugee from adventchildren.net, which used to be the "home" for a lot of people back then. IIRC we brainstormed for a bit and it was Ravynne who came up with the name thelifestream, she also made the first designs for TLS. We started off with just a Wordpress site; I had some pretty strong ideas about how we should approach things, after adventchildren.net's demise, so I wanted to make sure our primary focus was the website. It was somewhere in december that we added a forums link to the homepage, which led to the forums.thelifestream.net subdomain; not long after, in April, we moved to vBulletin and the /forums path, instead of a subdomain.

anyway ten years later and we're still around so I guess we're doing something right :monster:

(TODO: insert some more sappy speeching here)

NOW DRINCC AND BE MERRY and shit. Also sign up for the prize draw!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Wishes of a most pleasant celebration of our site's annual solar rotation!

:grrreatjustice:

Really though, it's nuts that it's already been a damn decade. So glad that ya did what ya did back then, so that this place exists now! :mon:

X:neo:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I joined FFOF maybe two or three months before the whole TLS thing came together. After ACF went down I kinda just figured that was it, not being super close with anyone on FFOF. I happened to MSN Message Dacon one day months (a year?) later asking if there had been developments on anything and he directed me there. It was really fortuitous timing :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's so weird to think that a little over a decade ago, I was still quietly posting misc. news updates about Crisis Core on a mostly dead adventchildren.net knowing that some people still looked there for updates. Then I just started posting little redirects back to FFOF to try and find some of the people who got lost when the Forum was killed, and we actually got enough folks together to hit a critical mass of restarting the things and preserving the translations and work that was being done. I really can't overstate how grateful I am for this place. Not just because it's been my Internet Home for so long, but because of all of the stuff we've collected, projects that got continued, and just community that got (re)built for the better as a result.

You're all great, and we're all old. :awesomonster:

X :neo:

Ghost X

My route to TLS from ACF was a bit different. I can't even remember the name of the bridging forum I went to. Some of you (or at least ex-members, I can't remember) were there so you might be able to jog my memory.

Anyhoo, pat on the back, folks. The culture here is apparently more sane than many other online places, so yeah, I think taking some pride in that is perfectly healthy. Here's to the next 8991 years.

:monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I was 18 when I joined the forum in February of 2009, I've basically grown up into an adult mostly here.

And who knows maybe by the time we hit our 20th anniversary I'll have actually finished VII. :monster: Though lets be honest is more likely I'll finish the game before an actual gameplay trailer of the remake comes out.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLS!! :reptar:

This is such an awesome milestone for this place <3 I've always been glad I joined TLS which was, shit, over 3 years ago now. That's crazy! I really can't believe it's been so long. I've made some irreplaceable friends on here and it's because of you guys that I've started to figure out who I really am, not just who my family expected me to be. I've not only found amazing friends (some of who I suspect will be friends for a loooong long time <3), but I've met so many people in person now and I imagine I'll meet even more in the future. Pretty fucking incredible. This place is probably always gonna be another home to me.

aaaaa okay fuck I love you guys a lot and if I continue I'll be emotional probably so FUCKING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLS <3 :monster: Thanks for existing. :loveglomp:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
My route to TLS from ACF was a bit different. I can't even remember the name of the bridging forum I went to. Some of you (or at least ex-members, I can't remember) were there so you might be able to jog my memory.

We don't speak of that place. It's dead. :monster:

I was 18 when I joined the forum in February of 2009, I've basically grown up into an adult mostly here.

It's actually really weird to think that a lot of us, even before TLS, back on ACF too, we were just a bunch of knobby haired, awkward pubescent scene kids (I'M LOOKING AT YOU JOE) who knew nothing of the world.

Now look at us!

We still know nothing of the world!

And who knows maybe by the time we hit our 20th anniversary I'll have actually finished VII. :monster: Though lets be honest is more likely I'll finish the game before an actual gameplay trailer of the remake comes out.

Let's be honest.... no you won't :monster:

Top Bottom