• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Harley Quinn [DC]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Soooooooo... There's a lot of adorable Harley/Ivy in this series.

tumblr_mzsoz0us2N1ramnmyo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mzsoz0us2N1ramnmyo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mzsoz0us2N1ramnmyo4_400.jpg
tumblr_mzsoz0us2N1ramnmyo5_400.jpg

Like... a lot.

tumblr_n7dr8kmaBG1qfo4qoo1_400.jpg
tumblr_n7dr8kmaBG1qfo4qoo2_400.jpg

tumblr_n7dr8kmaBG1qfo4qoo3_500.jpg

In addition to that it's chock full of completely adorably psychotic violently dark humour, and it's the only DC comic that I'm reading. The dialogue is always fucking SUPERB for everyone, too. It's the kind of comic that holds an endearing but twisted little place in my heart, and I really just enjoy it endlessly.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I haven't mentioned lately how much I just love this comic to bits. The banter and art in this never ceases to make me smile, and Harley's weird sense of justice is just spectacular.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
See, I never read the Suicide Squad comics, and that's basically a huge mischaracterization of her - especially as she's portrayed in her standalone comic.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
From what I've read elsewhere, the New 52 has been riddled with inconsistencies like that. Apparently they even had two Superman ongoings at the same time without them being coordinated.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
As a counterpoint and reason why you ought to read it, Bruce Timm on the current comic (and other things).

Bruce Timm said:
You were one of the first people to bring Harley Quinn to center stage, especially her psyche. What are the most important elements to Harley Quinn?

It’s funny, because she started off as just like a one joke idea and she’s gained all these different dimensions from all the stories we did, and the stuff that happens in the comics. I think bottom line the most important thing about her is that she’s funny. One way or the other regardless of what her backstory is, or whether she’s in an abusive relationship with the Joker, or if she’s off on her own, or hanging out with Poison Ivy, or whether she’s a villain or a hero. I think bottomline her stories always have to be fun, if not flat out hilarious (but that would be even better). That’s one of the things I like about the current comic. They understand that, they’re not treating her as another angsty bizarre superhero type character. She’s really weird and funny and kind of chaotic.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It's one of those things that's really obviously clear from how they interact in the comic, but I'm still WAY pleased that they've actually confirmed that that's what's happening. Also, it's one of the many reasons that I love her comic.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
There's a Halloween special comic that serves as a really good intro to the start of the series, since in functions as a prequel to those events.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
From what I've read elsewhere, the New 52 has been riddled with inconsistencies like that. Apparently they even had two Superman ongoings at the same time without them being coordinated.
And so it continues:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/18/the-two-harley-quinns-of-the-dc-universe/

X, I don't know how familiar you are with DC's past, but this observation from the comments made me literally laugh out loud: "New 52 is more screwed up in 4 years than Pre-Crisis DC was in 40 years."

This one was on point too: "This is what happens when no one in editorial has any fucking idea what their job is."

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Harley's on a solo trip to rescue her boyfriend Mason from Arkham... and Joker's caught wind of it. What happens over the next few issues is gonna be fucking TENSE.

Related – Poison Ivy is a great example of what looked to've been an interesting comic, but it gets wrecked for me because it's got fucking ZERO consistency for Harley's character OR her and Pamela's relationship from the Harley Quinn comics. Holy shit man. Just reading their interactions made me cringe.
Ivy's all weird-loner and is bitching out Harley for her obsession with the Joker – which is not only WAY out of character for the way those two treat each other, but Harley & the Joker are LONG separated and nobody brings it up. EVER.

That's all even FURTHER offset by the fact that the Joker's making his first (non-hallucination) appearance in Harley's comic as a looming sense of dread that 100% doesn't match up with Ivy still acting like Harley's all doe-eyed over him, and Harley's defense of her obsession, rather than just straight out smacking the shit out of her.
God damn, DC. Get your shit together.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I must admit, I've developed a Harley obsession lately. I think her relationship with Poison Ivy is very cute and sweet, and it's a different Harley than what we see with the Joker. I've been intrigued her storyline in the Injustice: Gods Among Us series but I haven't found time to read it yet.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
If you like Harley, her comic is really worth reading, because her characterization elsewhere is... odd and often questionably portrayed.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Aside from the main "Harley Quinn" series, there're a few little offshoots like, "Harley Quinn & Powergirl" and "Harley Quinn's Little Black Book" but they're the only ones that I'm reading.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Just picked up Harley Quinn's Little Black Book, Harley Quinn Holiday Special, and a Harley Quinn Annual with Rub 'n 'Smell. That should be interesting.

EDIT:

I'm loving this issue of Harley's Little Black Book. There's just something about her idolizing Wonder Woman that is very cute and amusing to me. And I love her character design in this!

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Picked up the 2nd issue of Little Black Book today at work; I read it on lunch break.

What another delightful romp with Harley. I must say I've fallen in love with these little adventures of hers with other superheroes. I wonder how long they keep this running.

Top Bottom