Harry Potter and the Chitter of Chatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
You know, with a little more effort, you could have had a solid and amusing post.

Then again, my mother always told me "do it right, or not at all".

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Where the fuck is V, he gives he's point of view, the Jew.
I was at one of those inexplicable things called a job. Shocking, I know.

I got ripped apart in spam on ACF
And you get ripped apart here, what's the difference? You'll get ripped apart no matter where you post as long as it's the same absurd drivel. It seems that no matter how many times it is explained to you that complaining that things are boring does not do anything to make things less boring, it does not sink in for you. And because you do not comprehend this, and do not even bother to explain why you find it boring and how things could be made less boring (beyond the old "Make a spam section" malarkey that has been rejected repeatedly by the same staff), no one has any legitimate reason to engage meaningfully with you, because you are not saying anything worth responding meaningfully to. You have demonstrated that you are capable of saying things worth responding meaningfully to in the past, and were treated with the increased respect such behaviour merited, but you have obviously tired of doing so now, so your treatment has changed accordingly.

Mog was also a fellow noob trying to break into spam with me...Mog was really insulted.
Yeah, see, the thing is, Mog has improved vastly as a member since then. I don't think it's unfair to say that a lot of people felt he was the weak link on staff at the time this place opened. He's improved immensely since then, to the point where he's now probably widely considered the best member on staff. That certainly mirrors my reaction; I probably now respect him more than anyone else on staff except maybe Dacon (who just rejoined), which I wouldn't have thought possible two years ago. The reason is that he listened to the criticisms people were giving him and learned from them, and actually improved himself as a person. You briefly showed signs of being able to do that yourself, but you've slipped into the same persona you once occupied. Except your trolling isn't even remotely as interesting as it used to be. At least your posts a few years ago had some variety to them.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
User, what gets into you from time to time? You're not here (and occasionally normal) for weeks on end, then all of sudden decide HOLY SHIT I NEED A SPAM SECTION.

What gives?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It's also worth pointing out that there are two obvious reasons this place is less active than ACF that are unequivocally not the staff's fault.

• Domain name. Having the domain name AdventChildren.net meant that on any search for anything Advent Children-related, ACF would be one of the first results listed. The same goes for DirgeOfCerberus.net, Crisis-Core.net, CompilationOfFF7.net or whatever it was, and so on throughout the rest of their domain names. It's just the way Google calculates search results. By the time TLS was made, all such available domain names were taken, so despite having better content than ACF ever had, TLS is at a distinct Google disadvantage. They have still done far better than I would have expected them to, mostly because they have consistently come up with unique content that no one else has. This has made up a lot better for the domain name problem than I would ever have expected possible.
  • The Compilation is fucking dead. There hasn't been any news on it for ages. There are no new products planned and Square Enix seems to have almost forgotten it existed. Furthermore, the low quality of many of the entries has diluted people's interest in the series to the point where it's not as big a deal as it once was, so nowhere near the same number of people are interested in it. The staff have actually made up for this much better than I would have thought they would by covering Dissidia fairly well, but it's not the traffic bringer that the Compilation was at its peak and probably never will be.
Needless to say, neither of these are the fault of staff or anyone else here. In fact, given the circumstances, this forum is doing much better than should be expected. Most other sites of comparable size are pretty fucking dead. So your complaints at the staff and user base for things being "boring" are completely off base. Which is par for the course with your complaints, really.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm not usually one to rip on some guy on the internet, because honestly it usually isn't worth my time. But heck, it's my mid-semester break, and I'm just really really

fed up

with stupid internet shit.

I dunno. We've got this forum thing going, and I know sometimes we have double standards (read: a lot) but honestly there's this sort of creed I live by: "If a group overwhelmingly doesn't like you or your viewpoints on things, maybe it's time to change yourself or get the fuck out."
It might be a bit harsh, but honestly, this "bring back the spam" thing is really getting absurd. People put the comment down a long time ago, and now it's there again. What's changed? Nothing except for maybe a few weeks or a few months, give or take some people coming and going. So why should Username persist with the nonsense?

Also, I'm a bit of a Nazi on occasion when it comes to grammar (probable double standards here) but I honestly believe that the majority of your posts generally consist of shit, Username. From my limited experience, they seem to be mostly complaints about something, or a suggestion to "bring back spam", or something about "good old days". On rare occasions, you attempt to bring back the "good old days" by creating a much-vaunted spam thread of your own. And you know what? I don't mind the good old days. I fucking enjoyed ACF minus all the bullshit drama that sunk the ship. Maybe the bullshit drama is what made it for you. Some people here certainly thought so, so maybe it rings true for you.

But spam or no, sometimes your posts don't make any sense. Sometimes they don't do anything except hurl genuinely-felt abuse at people. A lot of threads you go into feel as useful as four-letter posts. Your help (in what appears to be the opinion of most in this forum community, correct me if I'm wrong) isn't helpful. On occasion, you seem to treat the English language as toilet paper. You double and triple post and necro threads that were unneeded or you wanted back for yourself as if it's the thing all the cool kids do these days.

I used to sort of put up with it, go 'ha ha look at that guy go, how cute'. I don't think it's actually funny, though. But I obviously don't speak for anyone or everyone, maybe I'm the only one who seems to be irritated by your behaviour. It's one thing to post something in a particular manner as to come off as ironic or satirical (am I using those words in the right context?), but to consistently post like that?

I mean, Shahab's English seems to look better than yours sometimes. How's that for nostalgia :monster:

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Maybe the bullshit drama is what made it for you. Some people here certainly thought so, so maybe it rings true for you.
I'm not sure why he's clamouring for the good old days of drama though, he wasn't involved in them at ACF in any capacity whatsoever. He's trying to bring back something he wasn't a part of and is completely pig ignorant about. User Name literally spent most of the ACF experience not being involved in drama or spam, but instead bleating on to staff about one warning point he received and getting in more trouble because of it.

I'm literally baffled by his demands on this forum.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Omg, I miss Shahab.

EDIT: Well, I just made a post in the thread he made in Feedback. Hopefully he'll wise up, but I'm sure we all know we shouldn't hold our breath.

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Username just go to FFOF or someshit if you want spam so god damned much. Chances are you'll make friends with wander and live happily ever after.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Gods no, User Name needs to stay the fuck away from FFOF.

I used to have Shahab on my Facebook but apparently he baleeted it. I was going to ask him to come back but I can't seem to find him. :(

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
If I remember correctly, didn't Shahab make an account here? He used to be my internet brother-from-another-mother >:

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
He had some crazy ass name here.

Pooh Bear is so valid. Tigger was my homie during my younger days.

I wish Mage was still around so she could rip Username in half.

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Now, now.

Let's cleanse our collective palate with an actual conversation :P

How much time d'you have left in school, anyhow, Roadski?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Maybe I should see if I can convince Mage to come back. That would be pretty awesome, ngl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom