• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Has anyone noticed any similarities between jukebox songs and real world songs?

I don't miss to cast aspersions on the Square Enix composers, but I thought it was well known that they're "inspired" by other songs. Electric de Chocobo is notoriously derivative of surfer classic "Wipeout" by the Surfaris, and One-Winged Angel sounds like the love-child of Carmina Burana and Dies Irae from Verdi's Requiem.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'm fully convinced Uematsu was on a Metallica - Ride the Lightning kick when he composed tracks for the OG, there's definitely some nods there.

What I actually loved in the Remake OST was how many ways they wove other song melodies into the tracks. Most tracks in the Shinra building have that little Shinra building melody from the OG

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I'm not the most musically inclined person, so when I first noticed something like this, it absolutely blew my mind.

It was in high school, while listening to a Queen album. One track came on and I was like wait a fucking second... this is The Lion King score :@

Anyways the remake songs slap and the Lamb of God nod makes it slap even harder :wacky:

Top Bottom