HeartGold and SoulSilver

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know, one thing I hate about Gold/Silver is how early you curbstomp Team Rocket, and all you're left with is just going from Gym to Gym, and all the Pokemon League shit. It gets kinda boring.

One thing I liked about Diamond/Pearl, and especially Platinum, was how Team Galactic had a continued presence throughout the game as an antagonist. Team Rocket just blasted off way too fast. Bleh. It's much more fun having an antagonist to defeat, aside from your stalker asshole rival.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
My dad is at Pokemon league, he told me he thought Team Galactic was a joke. "We're going to re-make the world, wtf?" were his words more or less.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Aye, my dad is cool like that. Back in the day he played Gold, I played Silver, and we fought over the old Gameboy Color link cable a couple times. I'm waiting for him to level up his team a bit more so I can go at him with my Platinum team.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I guess, I honestly didn't remember. The Teams are never any sort of threat anyway.

Team Galactic wasn't a threat? Yeah, it's not like they enslaved the creator Pokemon of either Space or Time, and nearly destroyed the universe for their own leader's selfish ambition....:monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
My Pokemanz naming theme is astral. Kochab is the name of my Togepi, Alshain is the name of my Pidgey, etc.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I nicknamed my Cyndaquil RyujinJaka :monster:
You bastard! You told me you were gonna get Totodile! :@ Now who's gonna breed me a Totodile, huh?!

Just kidding a friend already bred me a Totodile. Also, this forum needs some strikeout tags...

I nicknamed my Quilava Seitaiyou. I wanted to name him Taiyou but my friend was like "HEY DON'T STEAL MY NAME FOR MY CYNDAQUIL DAMMIT". So at his behest, I named my Cyndaquil Seitaiyou....Which is kinda redundant, but whatever. After naming my starter pokemon after my usernames, I usually start naming some of my favorite pokemon after my friends or favorite characters. :awesome: Which makes for some really amusing conversations...

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Name him "John" instead, so more people get the reference, :monster:.

[/smarcasm]
:monster: Good thinking. I might name another "Gaiman".
You know, one thing I hate about Gold/Silver is how early you curbstomp Team Rocket, and all you're left with is just going from Gym to Gym, and all the Pokemon League shit. It gets kinda boring.

One thing I liked about Diamond/Pearl, and especially Platinum, was how Team Galactic had a continued presence throughout the game as an antagonist. Team Rocket just blasted off way too fast. Bleh. It's much more fun having an antagonist to defeat, aside from your stalker asshole rival.
In the Japanese version of HGSS, Giovanni returned. :( I want Giovanni back, he's the third coolest trainer, after Lance and Karen (don't like her new look, though. I liked her little black dress).
And it was confirmed the rival is his son...
Also, this forum needs some strikeout tags...
Just put s in square brackets, like this, see? :)

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Agh... I wish I'd have joined this thread sooner when I still had my DS. Like... a few hours ago.
It got stolen from my dad's car... along with his old and new laptops. And my wallet with a picture of me inside (the pervs!). Surprisingly, they didn't take the car.

And I just beat the Elite Four for the fifth time this morning! (for the monies)

Aw, gawd. And I was gonna ask for a Bulbasaur Egg or something. I ONLY HAVE MY POKEWALKER LEFT WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH IT WITHOUT MY HEARTGOLD :@ LIFE SUCKS

THIS THREAD MAKES ME FEEL BITTER

On-topic (somehow?):

I don't give my Pokemon nicknames. I like their names the way they are. I only rename them for trading, so that I leave my mark on the Pokemon I used to own. :awesome: I always name the trade PKMNz "Mei's". Nyaha.

I MISS MY DS ALREADY SCREW YOU WORLD I'LL NEVER GET A NEW ONE UNTIL I'M 57

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Well, on the bright side, if you *do* buy another DS and game, now you have two walkers!

Seriously, that sucks, sorry to hear that guy.

EDIT - Revised opinions on Voltorb Flip

On the plus side, the game is actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it. Basically you ignore the tiles you know are 1s and try to find out which tiles are 2s and 3s, because the level automatically ends when you get all of them, and if you know the tricks to reading what's in what columns and rows you can usually get a good shot at flipping a 2 or 3 in your first move, and you can work your way around the grid from there. You need to think your moves out so it flexes your brain, and once you get to the higher levels you can win several hundred coins a game. I've got 10,000 coins and have only played it for a couple hours total, which is far more than you'll likely win on the slots in the game amount of time.

The only problem is that once you get to the higher levels, the game is merciless in dropping you all the way back to level one when you screw up. When you lose, I think if you flipped enough tiles before bombing out the game lets you retain your level, but at least twice now I've gotten to Level 7, and on my first move BOOM, Voltorb, and I plummet to level one and have to work my way back up. No to mention the amount of times I've gotten to a point like this:

minesweeper.jpg

It DOES happen often at the higher levels, you've got multiple tiles that have equal chances of being a 2/3, or a Voltorb, and there's no way to tell so you just have to pick a tile and pray. As I said once you figure out how to read the info you can take a good guess, but in the end you still have no real way of knowing, and you end up coming to a point where you just take your best chance, close your eyes and hope. The game requires skill but eventually it comes down to pure luck.

Last edited:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Agh... I wish I'd have joined this thread sooner when I still had my DS. Like... a few hours ago.
It got stolen from my dad's car... along with his old and new laptops. And my wallet with a picture of me inside (the pervs!). Surprisingly, they didn't take the car.

And I just beat the Elite Four for the fifth time this morning! (for the monies)

Aw, gawd. And I was gonna ask for a Bulbasaur Egg or something. I ONLY HAVE MY POKEWALKER LEFT WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH IT WITHOUT MY HEARTGOLD :@ LIFE SUCKS

THIS THREAD MAKES ME FEEL BITTER

On-topic (somehow?):

I don't give my Pokemon nicknames. I like their names the way they are. I only rename them for trading, so that I leave my mark on the Pokemon I used to own. :awesome: I always name the trade PKMNz "Mei's". Nyaha.

I MISS MY DS ALREADY SCREW YOU WORLD I'LL NEVER GET A NEW ONE UNTIL I'M 57

That sucks. If you ever manage to get a new DS and a new game of HG/SS, you can pester me for a Bulbasaur egg anytime. I have millions a few lying around...somewhere. I'm gonna need some time first to hatch all the eggs I have lying around to figure out which one is Bulbasaur. on that note, anyone want a Charmander I just bred? Level 1, knows Dig and Dragon Claw. Naive nature too.

I also like nicknaming the pokemon I put on on the GTS. And I always stick a Ditto up for trade. And it's always named Sexmachine. :awesome:

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
:( MEI! *hugs* Sorry to hear that. I would offer you revenge, but without your DS you can't receive him
Revenge being my Aerodactyl

I'm enjoying having a Pokemon following me around. I wish it was always my Cyndaquil, but as it has to be the Pokemon first in the list, and I have to train others up... *sigh*

I've nicknamed two Pokemon in SoulSilver so far: my female Cyndaquil is named "Kamui" after the poster here, and a Geodude called "Detritus" after the Discworld character.

...Oh my God. Mei, I just realised: without your DS, you can't play The World Ends With You either!! This tragedy gets worse...

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I named one of my Omanyte in Platinum "Cthulhu". :monster: I've been thinking of renaming my Giratina to "Nidhogg", but...Giratina the Fluffy sounds oh so badass.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
You lot should name a batch of pokemanz after eldritch abominations. It'd please me.
What, you mean like, "Nyarlathotep, the black king of the ancients who shall come in the night from the east and you shall not know him"? *sniff, counts* Nah, wouldn't work. Y'see, your actual Pokemon nickname, right, can only be a maximum of ten characters long.

I know this, cos I tried to nickname my Squirtle in Blue "Shellshocker", but could only call it "Shellshock". I was then somewhat disgruntled in the First Movie where one trainer had called her Blastoise "Shellshocker". However, I was too distracted by Mewtwo being more awesome than Sephiroth Mewtwo to complain too much. :awesome:

Top Bottom