• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hereditary

I was really enjoying it. Very tense, building things up, interesting storyline.

Then my packed theatre of teens-college kids decided the "boring movie" had wasted enough of their time. They laughed throughout the ENTIRE climax of the movie. The WHOLE theatre. Big 'ol belly laughs.
Hey, there's a naked dude! HaHAAAA!! Hilarious!!! Wtf man rofl She's on the ceiling banging her head against the attic door. Omg best comedy evAR 10/10 #shittymovie

Fuck this college town and it's horror audiences... Just want haunted house 2spooky4me drag and drop horseshit jump scares

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm sorry about that dude, it sucks balls when the people in the theater suck. When I saw Atomic Blonde, there was a 50+ year old hispanic lady who literally wouldn't stop talking during EVERY. SINGLE. MOMENT. of violence in the whole film. I tried politely telling her off, but in one of the film's longest, most well-filmed, and uncut scenes, I had to stop watching the film, turn to her and her family, and literally yell at the top of my lungs to tell her to shut the fuck up to get her to stop talking.

People like that is why I exclusively see movies on opening night, and in a luxury seating theater, so that as frequently as possible I manage to pay my way away from the shitty audience that the average movie-goer can be, and even then I'm in a minimum-capacity location with seats as far away from anyone else as possible.

This movie seems ta be a little tense for my tastes, but I'm glad you managed to enjoy what you did before a bunch of mouth-breathing cock-stains managed to fuck your viewing experience.

Seriously, if you can't understand that you're not in your living room, you're not in a private showing, and that no one paid to hear your stupid-ass commentary, you don't fucking belong in a theater.

X :neo:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I just saw it. It was absolutely amazing and made me feel sick in a way that a horror movie has never made me felt before. I wasn't so much scared, but I was genuinely griefed and sticken with the emotions the characters were feeling. One of the most horrifying parts for me was when
the mother goes into her sons room and admits that she never wanted to be a mom and that she attempted to invoke a miscarriage. It's moments like that which really made the film really fill me with dread. Great writing and great acting.

Then, when something more typical of a horror movie did happen, it was scary because I felt so inside the characters heads already.

I was lucky to avoid spoilers or reviews of this before going in, and I would suggest the same of anyone wanting to see it. It's not a typical horror film, and imo the best parts of the movie have nothing to do with the horror elements. Unfortunately I also had a theater experience with a bunch of dumb teenagers who couldn't seem to appreciate that fact :/

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have not seen it yet but i did see something comparing it to the babadook and the witch, but it meant that in a bad way

but... i thought both those films were really good... now i want to see it more...

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I liked the Babadook but like.. it didnt give me long term headfuck.

Anyway I really want to see this. I'm probably not gonna go the cinema because of the shit you guys experienced and also I dont think horror films are as scary in a room full of people? Maybe thats just me though, but I'd rather see it in the comfort of my own home.

I have a feeling of why this might be so fucked up, but obviously im not gonna look at spoilers. Suffice to say, a friend of mine who is a horror buff and her friend who writes horror reviews saw it and they said they were up until 3am too afraid to close their eyes. So I have huge expectations!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't really want to see it in a room full of people because social interaction is a whole separate horror that i'm fine experiencing on its own thnx

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
i have not seen it yet but i did see something comparing it to the babadook and the witch, but it meant that in a bad way

but... i thought both those films were really good... now i want to see it more...

I think this is an apt comparison. I would say it's kind of a mix of the two. I liked The Babadook and The Witch a lot. I think it's comparable in quality as well as
being similar thematically.

It's the day after seeing it, and I'm still thinking about it. I couldn't say that The Babadook or The Witch stuck with me until the next day like this movie has.

Last edited:
Top Bottom