Here's a question I haven't seen anyone ask

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
When the heroes parachute down into Edge and Tifa asks Denzel if he can make it back to the bar, we see Denzel look at the poor victims of the Shadow Creepers laying on the ground writhing in agony.

If you notice...you'll notice some black stuff emanating from their body. Here's a pic of it below.

denzel-sees-victims-suffering.png

What is that? Why are they exuding darkness from their bodies? Could the bites and scratches from Shadow Creepers actually GIVE you Geostigma or something?

Yeah I've wondered about that too...
Guess the only way to know if it is mentioned in the director's commentary or something like that.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I figured it was an advanced form of geostigma administered from the fangs and saliva of the Shadow Creepers.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Aren't Shadow Creepers summoned from the dark lifestream? Possibly could be residue from that, and I believe the negative lifestream contains the Geostigma virus.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's the effects of the shadow creepers, whatever it else it is. I'm going to call it the worst gas you've ever had for the time being.

Blue

Rookie Adventurer
When people with geostigma die their energy is absorbed into Sephiroth's negative lifestream.This is said during S's monologue at the end.

Reference

Likes The Bartender
It's fart. :monster:

Isn't geostigma stuf more... I dunno, liquid-y? Maybe shadow creepers attacks have status ailment effects like darkness or something.

Eh, I dunno. *shrugs*

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It's fart. :monster:

Isn't geostigma stuf more... I dunno, liquid-y? Maybe shadow creepers attacks have status ailment effects like darkness or something.

Eh, I dunno. *shrugs*

Status effects don't make people sizzle like they're in the fryer do they?

:monster::awesomonster::flipmonster:

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
In the battle animations a lot of the status effects made the character bend over like they were in a lot of pain. So statuses possibly might. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought they were somehow infected with Geostigma after being scratched and bitten by them. :monster:

It certainly has to do with Sephiroth's negative lifestream, and if it's doing that to their bodies then I'd say it's infecting them somehow. It just looks really creepy. Hell, Shadow Creepers look creepy.

Top Bottom