Hi everyone! New FF7 fan here!

raysa334

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Raysa
Hi, I'm Ray!

Recently I found this forum by going through some threads on TW and I thought 'why not!?' and decided to join! Not like I have many friends irl who are into FF, so I would like to join some discussions here!
My favorite childhood game was Final Fantasy X (hence my avatar is of the best moment in that game, lol) and I also played XIII and some of XV (Ignis gang!), but I never got around into playing VII until the Remake came out and I inmediatly jumped into the fandom after finishing it.
I'm planning on playing the OG VII now that we are in isolation and there's nothing else to do, and also (maybe? would you guys recommend it?) Crisis Core, to prepare myself for the rest of the Remake games (see you in 2050, lol, jk).
It looks like this forum has a very long history, so hopefully I can provide some fresh perspective into some thing being discussed here!
Also, sorry if my english is bad in some of my posts, it's not my first language and grammar is dificult :(

Anyways, thank you for letting me join in!
See you around! :D

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hi! Welcome! Glad to have you aboard. To get the most out of the next part of the Remake, it’s pretty recommended that you complete the original FF7. I wasn’t a huge fan of Crisis Core but it’s pretty popular!

I think playing through the original game (OG) should fill your time between Remake Parts — and then you’ll be able to chat with all of us old timers about how excited you are to see X, Y, and Z!

Welcome to the forums!

raysa334

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Raysa
Thank you for the welcoming, guys!
I already know a few thing about the OG/Crisis Core because, well, they are both pretty old and there's spoilers everywhere, but I will definitely go and play them so I can have a full context and speculate with y'all! :)
There's also a thing called Dirge of Cerberus, which is also apparently canon to the FF7 world. Is that one also recommended to get the most out of Remake's story? From what I see, it's not very appealing but I'm too far into the FF7 hole, so maybe I will play it if it adds to the story. :huh:

BioTeach

Pro Adventurer
I never played Dirge (I did watch a play through for the sake of seeing the story). I don't think it's necessary for Remake as it takes place 2-3 years after. It is last in the Compilation chronologically. I think its only contribution pertinent to Remake is some of Vincent's backstory, which may get expanded upon anyway when he is introduced in the Remake. So it's up to you. A lot of people didn't like it. I found parts of it interesting and some not so much. To each his own.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Welcome aboard! Don't worry too much about your English, half of the users here aren't native English speakers so people are very forgiving toward us.
And don't play DoC if you like shooters because it's one of worst shooters ever and as @BioTeach said you're not really missing anything right now.

raysa334

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Raysa
Welcome aboard! Don't worry too much about your English, half of the users here aren't native English speakers so people are very forgiving toward us.
And don't play DoC if you like shooters because it's one of worst shooters ever and as @BioTeach said you're not really missing anything right now.

I love shooters, but I've seen some gameplay of Dirge on YT and it's.... wonky, at best lol. Also, from some cutscenes I watched, the voice acting is..... yeah.
So, no Dirge for now then!
Thanks for the rec!

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Welcome Ray! I love your avatar. Crisis Core is cool, I hope you enjoy your time experiencing the FFVII compilation alongside the rest of us.

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Welcome! Prepare for hell lol! I mean that in a good way too! Trust me you will wish you weren't a fan of ffvii

Top Bottom