• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hidden & Unused in Video Games

AKA
Alex
@crazyrabbits23
Unfortunately, based on the source (according to RetroReversing.com) there is pretty much no chance that this recent leak will include Earthbound 64.

Might be differing opinions/claims out there, as the full history of these leaks is difficult to piece together at the moment, but the above is one voice on the matter.

True, but the Spaceworld '95 version of Starfox 2 is included in the leaks, which was a holy grail for many. I have no idea what could come out next, but an EB64 or SMW source code/beta/prototype would be God-tier.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
translation2.gif

Some of Nintendo's internal tools were left in the leaks. This one converts graphics from their editor into files ready to be put in a game - specifically, this program written for the GBA. I translated it!

translation.gif
As well as some documents related to their usage:
AgbConv doc: https://pastebin.com/JtGC5T7q SCAD changelog: https://pastebin.com/rxFBSmCM
(For context, SCAD is their graphics editor)

I'm working on translating a document related to some sort of Super Famicom DOS thing now.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Another lost game has been unearthed, Core Design’s Tomb Raider Anniversary for PSP

I have no idea who found this, when/where/how, but it’s amazing to finally see it after so long. https://www.tomb-of-ash.com/tomb-raider-10th-anniversary-edition/

Update: It was sent to Tomb of Ash by someone who worked at Core. He spent months trying to get permission to release it, but got no reply. So it ended up on Archive.org, then released New years eve.

It was later pitched to LucasArts as an Indiana Jones game, which was also cancelled. Funny how she started out as an clone of Indiana, only for her game to get reskinned into a game of his.

Last edited:
HiddenPalace now streaming PlayStation 2 game prototypes

HiddenPalace do not archive their Twitch streams, at least not on Twitch, so here are the games streamed today thus far.

- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex (May 15, 2001 prototype).
- Crash Twinsanity (Jul 19, 2004 prototype)
- The Simpsons Skateboarding [E3 Demo Only] (May 10, 2002 prototype)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Jan 10, 2005 prototype)
- Crazy Taxi (Feb 6, 2001 prototype)
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (May 25, 2007 prototype)
- Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (May 19, 2002 prototype)
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail (Aug 3, 2004 prototype)
- God Hand (Jun 20, 2006 prototype)
- Ratchet & Clank (Jun 23, 2002 prototype)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (Aug 6, 2003 prototype)
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 (Jul 17, 2001 prototype) <--this game had just the WORST debug font, you can barely read it XD
- Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (May 17, 2002 prototype)
- Tak and the Power of Juju (Jul 12, 2003 prototype)
- Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter (Jan 16, 2003 prototype)
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (Jul 1, 2002 prototype)
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan (Jun 9, 2005 prototype)
- XGIII: Extreme G Racing (Jun 14, 2001 prototype)
- XGRA: Extreme G Racing Association (Sep 23, 2002 prototype)
- XGRA: Extreme G Racing Association (Mar 28, 2003 prototype)
...and many more.

The list above is what was shown in the span of 5 hours of streaming. One commenter said the stream was planned to be 10 hours. In other words I could only catch the first half of the stream.

EDIT: Okay now they're showing off FFX-2 so now I have to stick around and see if more Final Fantasy games appear.

- Final Fantasy X-2 (Aug 20, 2003 prototype)

Last edited:
To my surprise, there seems to be a VOD saved. Maybe they delete their VODs after a certain period of time? Their archive is usually empty.

@The Twilight Mexican
- Does this link work for you?
Shadow of the Colossus footage starts at 5:55:36. Apparently this was the last demo/prototype they showed off for the day, as the stream ended right after SotC.

EDIT: Turns out they also separated the SotC footage into its own clip.

According to one decription on their Twitch account, this Project Deluge stream is "a small sampling of over 700 Playstation 2 prototypes!".

Holy moly. Would be so nice if there was a Dirge of Cerberus prototype in there.

EDIT #2: Complete list of the over 700 PS2 games from Project Deluge.

DIRGE OF CERBERUS IS IN THERE!

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (May 31, 2006 prototype), labelled "Dirge of Cerberus Preview Build Release August 15 2006"

Another localization prototype.

Last edited:
The North American release of Dirge of Cerberus has a build date of 2006-06-21 or 2006-06-22 depending on where in the world you are.

This prototype has a build date of 2006-05-31 (or 2006-06-01, based on the version number). Three weeks older than the final retail release. Ergo I expect differences to be very few.

Dirgeofcerberuspreview_title.png

Ver. 20060601_1

The presence of a version number on the main menu is consistent with other pre-release screenshots, like this one from shortly before the game's original Japanese release. From page 24 of the DC Complete Guide:
DC_Complete_024.jpg

Version 20060124_3

EDIT: Prototypes are hosted at the Internet Archive, free for anybody to download.

- Shadow of the Colossus
- Dirge of Cerberus
- Final Fantasy X (build date Oct 26, 2001) One week older than the North American retail build date.
- Final Fantasy X-2 (build date Aug 20, 2003) Three weeks older than the North American retail build date.

Last edited:
Alex Kraus said:
For Final Fantasy VI’s 27th anniversary, Kazuko Shibuya shares the very first version of Tina (Terra) that she produced, with short hair! Document dated June 25, 1993.
Pre-release Tina/Terra

BLONDE!

Ex8sXegUUAMpNUl

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I forgot about that, it's the first texture on the website I posted in December:
Not sure if you'd count this as "hidden", but there's now a wiki which shows you were textures came from and which games they were used in. There's one in FF7 that was in Mario Kart as well:

https://github.com/Render96/Render96Wiki/wiki

Sounds are on there as well.

I think FF7 uses it in the Shinra basement.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Last edited:
AKA
Alex
The North American release of Dirge of Cerberus has a build date of 2006-06-21 or 2006-06-22 depending on where in the world you are.

This prototype has a build date of 2006-05-31 (or 2006-06-01, based on the version number). Three weeks older than the final retail release. Ergo I expect differences to be very few.

View attachment 9466

Ver. 20060601_1

The presence of a version number on the main menu is consistent with other pre-release screenshots, like this one from shortly before the game's original Japanese release. From page 24 of the DC Complete Guide:
View attachment 9467

Version 20060124_3

EDIT: Prototypes are hosted at the Internet Archive, free for anybody to download.

- Shadow of the Colossus
- Dirge of Cerberus
- Final Fantasy X (build date Oct 26, 2001) One week older than the North American retail build date.
- Final Fantasy X-2 (build date Aug 20, 2003) Three weeks older than the North American retail build date.

I'm still waiting for the supposed press build/demo of the original Deus Ex, from three-to-six months prior to the game's launch, to be released online.

The Hidden Palace wiki has been updated with news about Project Deluge Part 2

Hidden Palace said:
Continuing with our efforts with Project Deluge, today we present over 370 PlayStation 1 prototypes, 80 Sega Saturn prototypes, and 20 prototypes for the Philips CD-i! From unreleased games to early builds, this part of the lot provides the most varied amount of exciting content so far!
There are no Final Fantasy games among this list of prototypes.

As a Mega Man X fan last night's stream was wonderful. They showed off an early Sega Saturn version of Mega Man X4 and then a very juicy Mega Man X5 prototype for the PS1. The latter showed lots of pencil art, early 3D art and mock-ups for the game's still-image cutscenes and most notably some really, really hilarious uses of MS Paint-style works as placeholders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom