Highlights from Famitsu

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yup.
latest

Purple

Charmed
I love his render. It gives the vibe that he is messed up in the head

So it really was zipped up. I could’ve sworn it was laced up whenever I looked at his OG artwork in the past. Mandela effect? Hmm...

Zip-up boots are impractical. If the zip breaks or clogs the boot is useless. Laces are much more reliable; if your lace snaps, you can use all kinds of things in a pinch to keep your boot on. String. A strip of fabric. Tape. Hair ribbon. Etc... So I'm surprised the army would issue zip-up boots.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Those COULD be the kind that has a zip-up flap over the laces, but thanks for finding it :)

Zip-up boots are impractical. If the zip breaks or clogs the boot is useless. Laces are much more reliable; if your lace snaps, you can use all kinds of things in a pinch to keep your boot on. String. A strip of fabric. Tape. Hair ribbon. Etc... So I'm surprised the army would issue zip-up boots.

But they're much easier to draw :awesomonster:

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
It just makes more sense that a SOLDIER would have laces.
Those COULD be the kind that has a zip-up flap over the laces, but thanks for finding it :)
They make stuff like that? o.o

Zip-up boots are impractical. So I'm surprised the army would issue zip-up boots.
I know the pain... My favorite pair of shoes has both laces and zippers, and zipper gave up on life after half a year. All hail laces!

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Damn that full render of Cloud is the exact same stance as his OG menu portrait. I’ve always hankered for 1-1 hi-res renders of the characters for the 7:R menu. Alas I don’t think it’s meant to be, but this satiates me somewhat.DE8EAE75-7FC1-4F5E-8437-23C3A074C8E6.jpeg

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I can't see the renders from the first page :( Also I remember reading a long time ago that Cloud's outfit in the original was violet because they couldn't render it properly in black or something? I think it was when AC was released... may be wrong on that but I remember they had problems with his outfit's colour.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
^ They can render blue and black on Sephiroth and the Shinra MPs quite easily to be fair. They just felt purple ended up looking better on Cloud's design probably.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Looks like my worries about Clouds incabability, to transfer a variable set of emotions on his face, became a reality. Seems like they have the same problems like in AC, where they created over hundred different faces for him (and now using them for the Remake :lol:). What I mean is, they don't have a basis face from where they can animate different expressions (like for Barret). That's why they need to give him a new face for every scene and renders, otherwise they can't simulate the right emotion when the situation demands it. At least that's how I see it, I have no proof for my assumptions to be true.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
So some people on reddit are saying that this render of Cloud is different from the trailers. Anyone else agree?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm curious how much we'll see differentiation on Enemy Affinity based specifically on character vs. Enemy Affinities that are mostly based around the weapons: Will Barret get things like the Cannon Ball, Atomic Scissors, and Chainsaw or will he be specifically equipped to have enemy affinities based around long-range weapons? While it's likely not something we'll see it until the second part, I'm wondering if characters like Vincent and Barret would have affinities based around them having guns, or if they'll have ones that are more character-specific since Vincent can have handguns, shotguns, and pistols.

The original game had Cut, Hit, Punch, Shoot, & Shout that made categories that're weapon-based for straightforward functionality just like Elemental Affinities. That general premise might work, but given that the combat mechanics for the characters have stances that are all specifically detailed, I'm wondering if there will be weapons that can alter character stances, or if the stances will essentially help to inform the character's affinity against particular enemies.

ATB charge to use items + ATB charge to use spells means that magic is going to carry some extra weight to how strong they feel. I'm also wondering if we'll see things like powerful Summon Spells requiring more than one ATB bar to execute. Speaking of which, with the summon spells confirmed by the preorder bonuses I'm quite interested to see how they end up feeling in combat. The bonuses are all tiny little things (Chocobo Chick, Cactuar, & Carbuncle could all very easily come in to combat without much interruption, compared to the massive entities like Bahamut. I'm wondering if the Remake will have constraints about using summons based on location because they're treated like physical entities. Do they require physical space to exist like in the fight again Bahamut Fury in Crisis Core or the Bahamut Sin attack in Advent Children, or will they be a cutscene in an extradimensional space where any of the rule-of-cool, world-obliteratingly-cataclysmic bullshit like Bahamut Fury disintegrating the goddamn moon into a plasma beam that obliterates an entire continent is just allowed to be what it is. Alternatively, will the big summons have slightly altered attack scenes for locations indoors / outdoors – like Ramuh does if you're in a dungeon, compared to the overworld in FFXV.

X :neo:

Top Bottom