Highlights from Famitsu

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
D9eTLFzUEAAfuxd.jpg:orig

This environment looks a lot more polished than the one in the E3 trailer. Is this still in the train graveyard, I wonder? Or perhaps Sector 6... I feel like that column of light in the background is Midgar's central pillar. Can't pick out any enemies - thought maybe I spotted a whole eater, but couldn't be certain.

Thanks for sharing these :)

Purple

Charmed
How many "doubles" do you think the city walkthrough in Cyberpunk's 2077 gameplay trailer had?

I don’t know because I have zero interest in that game and in FPS games in general, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at. I just found that bit about the NPC amusing :mon:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm quite surprised that they haven't released any of the full resolution shots of Midgar renders yet, since that was one of the earliest ones that we had, and it'd be nice to have some more of those shots of just cityscape.

X :neo:

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
Is Clouds buster sword super rusty in that train screenshot or is it the red lighting? Because on other screenshots it's damaged and all but not rusty. Weird.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Like it's not super rusty but it's clearly beaten up. Like quite a bit.

Not to repeat myself but I seriously prefer the OG coloring of Cloud and the less worn-out Buster Sword, lol. I get they wanna reuse the Compilation style and aesthetic for him but I always thought the colors were great before.

Poor Zack, his sword deserves better. :mon:

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
Yeah, you are right, that's probably just the light (I can see some red light on a wrist watch of a lady right to Cloud too).
OG buster sword looked worned out (on the concept art at least) and it makes sense (Cloud's the second owner and he dragged it through the desert, I don't think he knows how to take care of it). Also it adds to that slums feeling.
I also can't get over it how funny it looks when Cloud stands there, in the train with all the npcs looking away beside this one guy to the right "Ok, just don't look at him. You just want to get home, no reason to look at a guy with GODDAMN BIG SWORD on his back. Yeah, look how nice view we have here, in this tunnel."

Last edited:

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann

I was wondering about Gaia's Wrath today at work. While it sounds like Titan's attack, I think it's one of Aerith's abilities similar to Cloud's Focused Thrust and Triple Slash as it doesn't consume any MP. It seems to be a new addition as none of her Limit Breaks in the original game sounds similar to this. Summons will definitely use MP and I assume the menu entry name would say the summoned creatures name and not its attack's name.

Edit: added quotes because I missed page 3 and 4, silly me >_<

Last edited:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Thinking back to SQE’s promo last year for E3, that clearly was the Buster Sword all scratched up as we can now see and was theorised as the time. But really, wtf were they thinking considering the no show?!! So many pissed off people ...

Re: Gaia’s Wrath, I agree with you @Vyzzuvazzadth - sounds kind of Cetra-esque to me, in the same vein as the Weapons though obviously scaled back 10000 x etc.-fold

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Thinking back to SQE’s promo last year for E3, that clearly was the Buster Sword all scratched up as we can now see and was theorised as the time.

It was just a generic background they used throughout the presentation for all the title cards.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Soooo.. I found an interesting little blurb within the Famitsu interview that was noted in a Resetera discussion. I had to track it down due to it's alleged contents.

Here's a scan from the Famitsu interview with Tetsuya Nomura.

2019-06-20.jpg

And what's interesting, is a little blurb that's above the illustrations of Biggs, Wedge and Jessie there, which says:

FFVIIのコンピレーション作品で判明した設定が新たに盛り込まれたりと、ストリーの面でも厚みが増やしている

Which roughly translates to, "Settings established in the FFVII Compilation works are newly incorporated and the story has been delved more deeply into."

:awesomonster:

Thought that might be of note.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Potentially a stupid question, but does "settings" in this context refer to locations or entire story elements? I assume the latter.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I doubt with the strongest level of certainty and sincerity that Deepground and Genesis will be in this, lol.

And if they ever are incorporated in this, it'll be near the end, minimally, and something akin to extra, post-game content that's far from the focus of the plot. Like, as a super boss or something which would be hidden as just nod, not outright inclusion in VII's story.

They're remaking FFVII and those elements simply don't appear here. They shouldn't. It'd make no sense for them to be here amd focused on since their entire premise is based on them being hidden by the time VII rolls out. :mon:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
... Well actually, it'd be more akin to them announcing they'd be using setting materials from the EU of Star Wars, which they already are and to pretty good effect. :mon:

The stuff from the prequels were never pushed out of continuity in the first place. Cause it's established Lucas canon. The Extended Universe are the spin-off materials that were stated to be pushed out and rebooted for the new film continuity, and already bits and pieces of it are being redone. Rehashing the prequel shit was never risk in the first place.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Personally, I hope that this means that we'll get some versions of the Sephiroth Remnants & Edge as well as Shinra experiments in Mako Reactor 0 since I've always felt like they'd make for a really good post-game EX Dungeon-type content. Seeing the attempted Sephiroth Revival thwarted and Cloud get over being mopey as well as looking at the idea of triggering Omega WEAPON as a big finale and return to Midgar after the survival and devastation from Meteor fall feels like there's a decent amount of meaning, resolution, and just really fun playable opportunity to be had – especially because it'd come with lots of costumes and whatnot for characters which is exactly the kind of thing you want from post-game content.

I am interested to see if this'll expand some scenarios to include more locations to visit like Banora & Modeoheim as ways of getting more little facets of Cloud's fragmented memories in a way that aren't just, "Go visit the Basement for some cutscenes" but maybe having little unlockable flashback sequences where you get to play through small pieces of scenarios as Zack once Cloud gets his noggin sorted out.

Like, there's a lot of awesome stuff you could have from those titles even if you're just taking small bits from here and there, and it'll be cool for the fans who really like those games to be able to notice that stuff, but get it in a new way (personally, all of the Thrawn stuff in Star Wars Rebels is the kind of thing that I think would be the best standard to follow, since it respects the source but gives it a version that works here and now in that form).

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
... Well actually, it'd be more akin to them announcing they'd be using setting materials from the EU of Star Wars, which they already are and to pretty good effect. :mon:

The stuff from the prequels were never pushed out of continuity in the first place. Cause it's established Lucas canon. The Extended Universe are the spin-off materials that were stated to be pushed out and rebooted for the new film continuity, and already bits and pieces of it are being redone. Rehashing the prequel shit was never risk in the first place.

:facepalm:

Top Bottom