Holiday music

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Dear /tls/, what is your favourite holiday album and why is it A Charlie Brown Christmas?

George Winston's December is also an acceptable answer, but I'd probably be perfectly happy if I never heard another holiday album apart from those two ever again.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Is this a trick question? ^__^'

I don't have a holiday album favorite but I'm particularly fond of the "Santa Baby" song I've heard in the last few years. Finally a sexy Christmas song!

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
John Zorn's A Dreamers Christmas, perhaps. I think Kate Bush' 50 Words For Snow has the sense of a holidays album too. Haven't heard the Jethro Tull One.

Best Christmas single ofcourse is King Diamond's No Presents For Christmas. :monster:

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Is this a trick question? ^__^'

I don't have a holiday album favorite but I'm particularly fond of the "Santa Baby" song I've heard in the last few years. Finally a sexy Christmas song!

Finally? That song was made 60 years ago. :monster:

You're talking about this one (or more likely a new cover of the song), right?:

I have to agree with the 50 words for snow. That's such a wonderful album, even though it's more wintery than Christmasy.

Also I really like the old Christmas songs sung by Bing Crosby and so on.

I like this thread, because Christmas. :joy:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage

There's a few decent Xmas songs, mostly commercial shite or X Factor offerings though.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Oh, I should clarify that I know the song is old (didn't know how old though) but that they haven't been playing it on the radio stations I've had. Or I haven't heard it anyways.

I also love Greensleaves. It's so beautiful and also historic (I'm a huge history buff)!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Why do we have to spend 1/4 of our lives listening to these songs?

Top Bottom