Hope v 2.0 (Zerith club)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
hope001.png

Here it is at last, TLS's; own Zerith club! A continuation of yet another ACF club, Hope is the sister club to Faith (Hope and Faith, get it?). This word seems to be the very embodiment of the Zack/Aerith pairing. Aerith wore pink and held onto her ribbon, even going so far as to write 89 letters to the man who would never return to her. Zack fought long and hard to be reunited with the woman who had his heart only to fall short of his goal. But all the while each held on to the desire in their heart to see each other again, one never wanting to give up on the other...

[/cheese factor] Did I make you cry? :duhard:

Anyway post away about Zerith, why you like it, etc.​

Last edited:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Re: Hope v 2.0

What the hell is the difference between fanon and canon pairings these days anyways?

I'm a strong supporter of Zack x Aerith. They were an incredibly cute couple...Zack with his easy-going personality and Aerith with her coy and stubbornness made them an endearing pair.

Their story was a sad one, the ending very tragic, both of them fighting in a struggle neither of them fully understood for a long time. At least they can be reunited in the lifestream together, both of them able to tease each other and have fun.

I wasn't a huge a fan of this pairing until CC but that game gave me a glismpe into the possiblity they could have had had not their lives ended so abruptly.

A

Great Old One

Zerith = <3

Really, these two characters are perfect for each other. They had fun together, they always teased together, and they were there for each other -- it certainly still seems that way in Advent Children. I think if they were older, they would have had more of a... happier life. Though, I can see them being content in the Lifestream. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

It was pretty sad when Zack got involved in the Nibelheim business and just disappeared for all those years. Just imagine what you'd feel like if a loved one just vanished and you'll never know what became of them...>.<

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=M.I.L.F. link=topic=515.msg17601#msg17601 date=1234542892]
What the hell is the difference between fanon and canon pairings these days anyways?[/quote]

lol The lines do sometimes blur, don't they? :monster: I just mainly want to make sure these clubs stay drama free. You never know when the crazies may wander in and start fights over something really stupid.

[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=515.msg17606#msg17606 date=1234544774]
It was pretty sad when Zack got involved in the Nibelheim business and just disappeared for all those years. Just imagine what you'd feel like if a loved one just vanished and you'll never know what became of them...>.<
[/quote]

And worst of all after Zack breaks free he makes a b-line to Midgar to reunite with Aerith and then dies within a few short miles of his destination without even being able to tell her!

GAH THEY ARE SO TRAGIC!!!! D:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer

I absolutely love this couple, they're my favorite, they match well together and the fact that they both died so tragically makes them even more epic :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Finally Tennyo, you made the club! You also included your adorable banner. <3

And worst of all after Zack breaks free he makes a b-line to Midgar to reunite with Aerith and then dies within a few short miles of his destination without even being able to tell her!

I know! It's so unfair; the SE staff sure is cruel when it comes to FFVII. T^T I sobbed during the whole ending, I think I started getting teary-eyed around the point where Tseng said "You're going to bring Zack back alive. I have letters to give him... 88 of them". Knowing that Zack was going to die- that line was just heart-wrenching! I wonder what Tseng did with all of those letters, and what he told Aerith?

I also find it interesting that at the end when you have to fight those three Soldiers pointlessly, that Aerith's DMW appears. Three if her image=healing wave, so maybe that's what kept Zack alive that little bit that Cloud got to see. That's just my mind running wild, though.

-sniffles- And then Zack's "If you see Aerith, say hi for me". It's too bad Cloud never regained his memory when Aerith was alive, so that he could tell her he knew Zack.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!!!

*ahem* I request membership, please. :)

I like to believe that Zack and Aerith in person as well as in relationship held a special spiritual bond to Cloud and Tifa.

I think the two couples compliment and contradict each other very well, almost like two sides of the same coin.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Actually that banner is brand new, made special for this club! :monster:

@girlpower: Agreed.

@Celes: Crisis Core was chock full of "Don't worry I'll come back," and "We will save him yes we will," type of stuff. I know that the scene when Zack said goodbye to Aerith was especially sad and made me want to scream. They were both so confident that they would see each other again, and the whole time I was yelling, "No you won't! You'll never see each other again! This is it!" D:

@Arianna: Very well put indeed. The two sides of the same coin comparison is a good one indeed. I think it all stems from SE trying really hard to make sure that characters all compliment/offset each other in certain ways. I feel that Aerith and Zack both complimented Cloud in very similar ways what with their upbeat and cheerful attitudes.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Square really had to fuck us up with making the most cute, likeable couple to be the most tragic D:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=515.msg17715#msg17715 date=1234568605]@Celes: Crisis Core was chock full of "Don't worry I'll come back," and "We will save him yes we will," type of stuff. I know that the scene when Zack said goodbye to Aerith was especially sad and made me want to scream. They were both so confident that they would see each other again, and the whole time I was yelling, "No you won't! You'll never see each other again! This is it!" D:

@Arianna: Very well put indeed. The two sides of the same coin comparison is a good one indeed. I think it all stems from SE trying really hard to make sure that characters all compliment/offset each other in certain ways. I feel that Aerith and Zack both complimented Cloud in very similar ways what with their upbeat and cheerful attitudes.
[/quote]

I'm inspired to do some fanart. Not sure how it will turn out due to my skill level, but if you'll at least try to humor me, perhaps I can get something out tomorrow? No promises, but I do need to work on my art, so... :)

As for the end of Crisis Core, it was definitely an interesting take on death (since we'll never know until (knock on wood or a derivative thereof) we are in the process of our bodies and mind shutting down completely).

I actually find the most meaningful part to be the absolute end, when Zack is already dead, Cloud has stated his goodbyes and is making his way towards Midgar, and we see the feather flying...

Zack's spirit is talking about being a hero; the feather is flying towards Midgar (which to me, had an odd aura about it, kind of like we were being shown the city from a different perspective or reality - perhaps a spiritual?). All of a sudden, it's pushed off it's course by a strong wind/invisible force...

I can't help but feel that's the gods saying 'Nope, you're not going back there.' Not anything cruel, but it's like - there's something greater that's going to happen; you don't belong there.

It hard for me to put it into words; and, I don't think it can be in truth. This is being described in terms of my own spiritual/religious beliefs. I hope you guys could follow it to at least some degree... :)

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

I was yelling, "No you won't! You'll never see each other again! This is it!" D:

Haha, I did that too! I was even upset knowing that Zack would never be able to come back and fix Aerith's wagon!

Zack's spirit is talking about being a hero; the feather is flying towards Midgar (which to me, had an odd aura about it, kind of like we were being shown the city from a different perspective or reality - perhaps a spiritual?). All of a sudden, it's pushed off it's course by a strong wind/invisible force...

Wow, that certainly is a new view on this situation. I am so simple-minded... I merely thought it was a feather blowing in the wind, lol. I thought it was kind of symbolizing the fact that Zack wanted wings and related to what Cissnei said before about angels having wings, not monsters.

xoRaining Diamondsox

Lv. 1 Adventurer

I only registered so I could join this club. Go Zerith!

The feather thing is an interesting notion. I'd always wondered (subconsciously, though) why the feather was so forcibly blown to the side every time I saw it... hm...

Oh... everyone's bringing up how everyone tried to save Zack... makes me want to cry - the saddest for me (though all were sad) were Kunsel's emails... the "Come back alive. Promise me, buddy." WAH!

And Tennyo, YES, you're first post brought freaking TEARS TO MY EYES DAMN YOU! :'(

To add to it, I'd like to say that it's sad on Aerith's end too... Zack stole her heart, and died with it. It's no wonder she never got over him... *more crying ensues*

Oh, and hey... doesn't anyone else think that their destinies were totally intertwined in the fact that Aerith died almost three freaking months after Zack???

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

@Arianna: That is a really nice, interesting concept you have there. You simply MUST draw fanart of it! NOW! STAT! VAMANOS! MACH SCHNELL!

@Celes: Oh I know. When I first read the text message Zack got that said that Aerith's wagon broke and she wanted him to come and fix it I gave a great big, "Awwwwww!" Poor thing will never have her wagon fixed. :(

@Raining: Yay! Glad to know there is another Zerith fan! They are just the flipping cutest, aren't they? I don't understand how people can be so hung up on Clerith after the cuteness that is Zerith was revealed!

And sorry I brought tears to yours eyes. lol

(no I'm not lol)

Vorona

affirmative.
AKA
Aerina, Elle

Ah, I can't believe I haven't joined this yet. Zerith is my favourite pairing of VII, it has the whole "really-cute-but-really-tragic" thing working well for it.
I haven't finished CC yet (i've kinda got addicted to FFXII :monster:) but my sister has and she's quite sure it's gonna make me cry :'( But well, at least we know Zerith has a happy ending, being reunited in the lifestream and all :)

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=515.msg19221#msg19221 date=1234912461]
@Arianna: That is a really nice, interesting concept you have there. You simply MUST draw fanart of it! NOW! STAT! VAMANOS! MACH SCHNELL![/quote]

I shall, soon. :) I have three pictures in mind, actually. One of Aerith and Tifa, one of Zack and Cloud and then one of the couples. I see it very well drawn out in my mind... Now let's seem what shall come out on paper! *keep fingers tied* :)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=Aerina link=topic=515.msg19455#msg19455 date=1234963917]
Ah, I can't believe I haven't joined this yet. Zerith is my favourite pairing of VII, it has the whole "really-cute-but-really-tragic" thing working well for it.[/quote]

That it does, poor things.
I haven't finished CC yet (i've kinda got addicted to FFXII :monster: ) but my sister has and she's quite sure it's gonna make me cry :'( But well, at least we know Zerith has a happy ending, being reunited in the lifestream and all :)

Well if you look at it that way it doesn't seem so bad, then. I don't really think that had a true happy ending in the sense that they will be all romantic lovey dovey in the Lifestream. I'm not even sure if that's possible. Once they fully merge with it as dead people are supposed to, I mean. lol

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW

I'll join. Zerith is my favorite FFVII couple, even if it is the most tragic. I cried during CC; everything with just so sad. Zack's life had begun to spiral downward awhile ago, and then all of his past friends wanting to help him, and Aerith heartbroken that he wouldn't return, and poor Cloud waking up to find his best friend dying on a cliff :'( Honestly, though, I can't imagine how someone could want SE to make Aerith be in love with someone else. It'd be the icing on the tragedy cake...I don't know if SE would go that far. I couldn't, and I usually like tragedy in fiction.

It's nice that they're reunited in the Lifestream, though I don't know if they can have a romantic relationship. The Lifestream is like a giant current, and apparently people still possess somewhat of a mind and spirit (from what we've seen in Compilation titles). But we don't know what it's like to be part of the Lifestream.

xoRaining Diamondsox

Lv. 1 Adventurer

About the whole Lifestream thing... I consider it a semi-happy ending. The LS is current of thoughts, and so Aerith and Zack's would always be intertwined, with their deepest thoughts always exposed. Not to mention that chances are when LS "recycles" their lives, they may be born together again (or at least, around the same time).

Another thing to consider is that the Lifestream and the Farplane are one and the same (it's been stated by the creators) - so if Shuyin and Lenne can exist as celestial beings and can continue to "think", then it's certainly possible that Zack and Aerith can too.

Just my thoughts.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

You do have a good point there, Raining. One must also remember that in FFX we do see Yuna's parents together as well. Also, in MWTP (I don't know if I even dare bring this up lol) Dyne's wife temporarily awakens from the Lifestream to welcome him.

So yes, I guess you are right that it could be happy. They are certainly hanging out together in AC. :)

However...would the Cetra ever be reincarnated?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

They also explained in FFX that the people in the farplane aren't really ghosts or the spirits of the dead. The pyreflies just seem to react to the thoughts and memories of the living or something.
Shuyin wasn't really Shuyin either, he was like a manifestation of his negative feelings...iirc.
FFX's "lifestream" is similar to the one of FFVII but it's not really "exactly" the same.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

You know, Tet, I made that same exact argument about Shuyin in a discussion once but no one really seemed to agree with the line of thought. But it's what makes the most sense given the narrative.

lol Perhaps we can just be content in knowing that Zack and Aerith are probably both content? XD

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=515.msg19747#msg19747 date=1235021407]
You know, Tet, I made that same exact argument about Shuyin in a discussion once but no one really seemed to agree with the line of thought. [/quote]

What? D=
I thought this was exactly how they explained it in-game? o.O

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

I know it is. That is exactly what was said in game, but some people seem to think that it really was Shuyin instead of just an echo of his anger left unchecked but the rest of what makes him who he was. :/

We had somehow gotten onto the topic of Shyuin being an angry jerk. :-\

xoRaining Diamondsox

Lv. 1 Adventurer

Even though I do believe what was said in-game to be true, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. How come Lenne and Shuyin were able to have a conversation at the end - and be heard? Furthermore, what about Tidus leading Yuna out of the Farplane, or even existing at all - even if in Dream State? Is Tidus just a manifestation of Yuna's love??

The LS and FP may not be the exact same, but the principle is still there - spirits do tend to live on in some form or another. So far, of what we've seen in both LS and FP moments, the spirits are capable of new thoughts. (Something I did find weird.)

However...would the Cetra ever be reincarnated?

Hm... I don't know. I think Aerith and her personality might be, but not her powers... know what I mean?

Top Bottom