• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (gameplay/combat)

InterfaceLeader

Pro Adventurer
I vote for a monster that you run into outside of Midgar that drains ~25% of your XP/AP with every hit. :mon:

Seriously though, I don't think it's that complicated. Cap the levels, and all the other grind-y nonsense; but make sure it's still a fun and satisfying game. Provide some secret materia that do very specific things that are helpful for the secret bosses in that episode and are just kind of fun and quirky elsewhere (ala underwater materia). Throw in some other secret collectibles to reward exploring that carry over and give a bit of an advantage in the early part of the next game but that are quickly superseded. Throw in a bit of hidden lore and a few bonus cutscenes for everyone to post to TLS and analyse for days on end. Everyone's happy. (Well, I am, and that's what counts... :awesome:)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Whatever they ultimately go with, if they can provide a reward incentive in the form of progressed stats, equipment, abilities, etc. for players that have data from spending extra effort and time with the game long past its release (actually something game developers care about these days since stats are increasingly accessible on how active a userbase persists for modern games), that will go a long way towards diffusing my concerns.

There has to be an advantage that transfers from having put the effort into Part 1. On that much I can't be convinced otherwise. Especially if they want to call each installment a proper RPG.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Wanted to throw out a quick observation.

In the OG, imprisoning a character (preventing them from taking actions/removing them from battle) was a boss battle feature that progressed in severity throughout the game.

Reno with Pyramid - Prevents character actions
Bottomswell with Waterpolo - Prevents character actions and drains HP
Carry Armor with Arm Grab - Prevents character actions and damage to the boss transfers to the imprisoned character

A character is rescued from imprisonment by dealing damage with another party member.

In the Remake, we've already seen two examples of a character being imprisoned between the Scorpion Sentinel and Aps boss battles. Freeing an imprisoned character involves switching to another party member and dealing enough damage to the boss.

It's probably a coincidence, but I find this carry over interesting.

Last edited:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Another thing I hope they bring to the Remake in Part 2 (or whichever part Costa del Sol happens to be in) is this:

"This is MY villa. Take a rest?"

I hope we'll still be able to buy Villa Cloud and maybe even decorate it with different things you can collect throughout the game(s).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm curious if bike customization will be a thing: Snatching parts either by steal or drop. The collector in me would go nuts for a garage mechanic.

Especially if there IS a new mechanic, and it's the male counterpart to Cindy.

And so it was:
cVdi4AG.jpg

Also this:

cmde0sl.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If you get the Regalia Type D, you'll thankfully get a more normal fill up scene and not the blatant Cindy fan service one.

Don't get me wrong, Cindy's gorgeous and a sweetheart but I can totally get how the Hammerhead scene is just.. Yeah. That was pure fan service 100%.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
If you get the Regalia Type D, you'll thankfully get a more normal fill up scene and not the blatant Cindy fan service one.

Don't get me wrong, Cindy's gorgeous and a sweetheart but I can totally get how the Hammerhead scene is just.. Yeah. That was pure fan service 100%.

And I wouldn't be irritated if gaming culture was a bit more equitable about it across the genders and orientations.

But it's not, so seeing it over and over again is tiresome.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah unfortunately it's not, sadly.

I mean, it's funny you say that given Wol from Mobius Final Fantasy got his sexy outfit edited cause dudes were complaining that it was too revealing and sexual.

The irony would be hilarious if it didn't result in such biased and ridiculous sexism. I mean, if you wanna have fan service then be prepared and accepting when it comes time you're not the fan being serviced :mon:

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Ok, so not having completed FFXV cos I just...well, I pretty much just hated it, but that's a story for another day...but in any case, I'm very curious about the cringey (I'm assuming dopily sexy) gas-pumping sequence referenced above. Is there somewhere I might be able to view that bit online, in isolation?

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Lol, I almost changed that last phrase, but then I was like "Na, that's....that's right".

EDIT: Ok, I found the "Hammerhead" bit in question. Maybe it was only bc I went in expecting something truly gratuitous, but while this was CLEARLY the blatant fan-service ya'll are describing it as, I will say that it seemed like it was at least relatively hasty with said service...like ok, quick cleavage, boobs, wipin' the hood down...music....anddddddd we're done! Y'know, like, "No time to waste--ass shake post-haste!"

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
FFXV isn't Dead or Alive levels of tits and ass. But it has its moments.

I will say, the designers at least went out of their way to milk the glamour and sexy looks of the main cast though.

The random camp scene where Gladiolus is tackling or playing with Prompto was like, "lol am I watching a shojo anime or what?"

Then the random dialogue that plays when you go to Galden Qui....

And then there are some of the character costumes. :mon:

Last edited:

Don Corneo's Dungeon

Pro Adventurer
Given the slums are meant to be....well....slums! In the OG they never seemed to be that much of a dump. It would be good if they were a little more realistic, people genuinely looking poorer. Shops selling goods that were obviously stolen, salvaged etc

More gangs as well would be cool, gaining their trust to get into areas (or killing them)

Top Bottom