• Due to datamining of the demo files, substantial leaks are now everywhere. As a reminder, some of these are in-development screenshots and may point to events that aren't going to be in the final game. Some of them are clearly going to be in the game. The TLS stance is this: Any thread which will contain discussion on the leaked images/ details must clearly contain [SPOILERS] within the title. Anything within those threads does not need to be spoiler tagged. Any POST anywhere on the board containing spoilers must be spoiler tagged or it will be removed and warned. Please report this where you see it. Let's try to make sure everyone can still freely post until everyone has a chance to play this game please!

Hopes for the remake (gameplay/combat)

Saven

Pro Adventurer
I would like to see the golden saucer games look exactly like the ps1 graphics. No need to update those to current gen graphics
I would love to see the original mini-games in the Remake as arcade games in a retro section or something along with the remade mini-games that will be in certain sections of the game like the motorcycle chase.

Pandemonium

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I think that would work expect the Bike minigame. Was it the only to replay the bike "sequence"?
I don't remember if it was or not, but they can still change it. The character doesn't even have to be Cloud. Just use random characters. Keeping all of those games with the ps1 graphics will give it that retro feel. Especially for everyone that played this game back when it first came out (or a few years after)

Pandemonium

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I wonder, for the bike game, would it use the blue truck from the final escape or the remake's version with Cloud, Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge on the two bikes?
I like what oty said. Have a retro version so it really looks like a video game that they're playing. Then have the sequence in the remake so you can replay it. At least that way, people can choose which one they would rather do. Personally, I'd do the ps1 version. It was really cool when Uncharted 4 did that with Crash Bandicoot.

AKA
AlexT
I predict they'll be post-launch DLC for Red XIII depicting when he was captured by Shinra.

Considering Red XIII will already have some battle animations in Part 1, and they'll likely be developing Cosmo Canyon for Part 2, and SE has said they're considering ways to fill the time between releases, I think it just makes sense. Plus, he's the best character to expand on because of his limited screen time.

No comment if it'll incorporate Compilation elements.

Top Bottom