• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (gameplay/combat)

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
You mean Reno, and they've probably adjusted that mechanic for the remake. If they've even kept the pyramids in at all.

Something else I wonder, though, is how gave saving will work. I hope it's like the original where you can have multiple save slots. I'd like to be able to go back to any point in the game that I've saved at rather than having to deal with some kind of autosave system like in Dirge or DOOM 2016.
My guess is they would have both. I wonder if they could make the save points fit in with the story. Maybe have them be lifestream deposits or something

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
n7VC33G.gif

Yeah, I can see that now that you mention. I always thought it was supposed to look like a memory card slot or something.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I also thought it was a question mark up until now.

Because saving works differently, I don’t think there’s gonna be any use of it in the remake - however, I hope there’s at least a nod to it somewhere. Maybe in the Golden Saucer, where something “gamey” would be more fitting?

Additionally, because saving works differently now, I wonder if certain quests will be more lenient. The Huge Materia quests are just straight up able to be failed, and autosaves would make it more punishing. I hope they don’t change them - the fact you COULD fail them and continue is something I really like about the original. But it’s a consideration, nonetheless...

Reactions: LNK

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I'm hoping they'll release a patch at some point that either replaces these lower quality textures, or fixes whatever might be causing them to be displayed as LQ. It's not "game breaking" but it's pretty noticeable in various areas of the game/on various objects. I noticed this issue in the trailers and even on the character backgrounds used on the official JP site.... so I had hoped that it would've been taken care of before release.

szefQyO.png

8gEVK9J.png

GN2yXvg.jpg

Noticed this while watching a playthrough.... things kinda improved (sorta....) in a matter of seconds:

tGosu72.jpg

8vUxlFK.jpg

Last edited:

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Yeah thats pretty much the one thing everybody who has played the game has complained about. Problem is, I dont know if it is a glitch or a bug or whatever, or if it really is the way the game loads these textures to prevent frame drops. Gotta be the former right?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wondering if it's a limitation caused by the use of numerous unique assets with high number of polygons or something?

Cause yeah, it's interesting and strange how there are just some LQ textures around. Honestly, I didn't notice until it was pointed out but now that I know, I can see if I look for them. It's not the worst thing in the world but it is an apparent inconsistency.

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
No, they are always like that. It's not random either, it's always the same objects.
Thanks for the info. I may wait until after Day 1 to play it until they fix stuff like that. I don't remember any locations in the demo that suffered from this, and I played it on a 65" 4k HDR set.. so it would've been easy to see. So it may just be a bug they need to fix. Those definitely look like placeholder textures; they wouldn't have purposely reduced texture resolution down to that level. That's like N64 days.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Are you always stuck with Tifa when doing sidequests? Or can you choose who goes with you or go alone? Just curious.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I know it probably doesn't have one, but it would've been cool if the 7th Heaven had had a functioning pool table you could actually play on. Bars often have them, so it wouldn't have been out of place. I could see Cloud and Biggs shooting a rack or two, maybe Jessie trying to hustle them while they're at it. It would be cool to be able to choose who you want to play against - Jessie, Biggs, Wedge, Tifa, even Barret (I'm sure he could figure out a way to do it), each of them with different playstyles and difficulty levels. Maybe it could be added as DLC somewhere down the line. Just a thought.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I know it probably doesn't have one, but it would've been cool if the 7th Heaven had had a functioning pool table you could actually play on. Bars often have them, so it wouldn't have been out of place. I could see Cloud and Biggs shooting a rack or two, maybe Jessie trying to hustle them while they're at it. It would be cool to be able to choose who you want to play against - Jessie, Biggs, Wedge, Tifa, even Barret (I'm sure he could figure out a way to do it), each of them with different playstyles and difficulty levels. Maybe it could be added as DLC somewhere down the line. Just a thought.

Agreed. Activities and mini-games is always a good way to create “in-game hobbies” and is why I think in the original FF7, it felt like there was always something to do. (Chocobo breeding, Golden Saucer games, Fort Condor, etc)

It’s also fantastic way for character interaction, totally. Jessie hustling a flustered Cloud and a defiant Barret would be really fun. I hope the Remake shows little stuff like that - characters interacting in fun non-main story scenarios.

Also, I heard Hell House was indeed back. (I read it on the FF7 Citadel! Glad the site still updates) I haven’t seen it, but I’m dying of curiosity to see the Remake’s take on them when I pop in the game.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I know I mentioned the texture stuff before, but I found a really good example of not loaded properly and loaded but still looks like a PS2 texture (to say nothing of the rather low-poly rock mesh that looks bad regardless):

0CpOK7k.jpg

mtzyOwa.jpg

Definitely wondering if they'll release a PS5 version with HQ textures and HQ meshes.....

There's a pretty lengthy discussion about the texture/LOD issues at resetera (haven't looked through the whole thread, not sure if there are unmarked spoilers).

Someone posted a comparison between 7R and XV.... it's pretty damning:

3nWLysH.jpg

zYYln1Y.jpg

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Sure glad I'm not more active in the FF7R subreddit. Apparently if you think there are texture issues you are "nit-picky" "bitching about nothing" "a manbaby" etc. Oh and the best "reasoning" I've seen by more than one person is that SE has purposely used low-res textures and skyboxes to recreate the feeling of the original.:huh:

Said topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemake/comments/g0f8vt (fair warning it's rather cringey/toxic, and I think there might be some spoilers here n' there)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
The texture loading problems are noticeable, hope they can be patched/fixed. As for the skyboxes (which if I am understanding the term correctly, just mean the skies and/or the ground when your above?) looked fine to me, since they are from a distance.

Top Bottom