• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (gameplay/combat)

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
They likely come off as a parody of Yakuza and Yanki/punk in the original Japanese script, given what they turned into in later media.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I'm actually quite interested in this particular potential 'localisation switch' (i.e. the Turk's presentation), if anyone digs up anything specific let me know.

But yeah, even in the US version, there's definitely still purposeful silliness--talking about who their crushes are on a stakeout, Elena's various blunders, "we're fleeing but we're still victorious"--but it's balanced in a way where it just makes them seem like 3-Dimensional human beings (rather than being pure comedic relief), and, as mentioned above, potentially even more callous towards the severity of their work. I think that whole Wutai sequence ending with Reno's "because it's our job" as he drops Corneo to his death really sums it up. There's a certain 'whimsy', you could say, in the sequence, certainly a flair...but ultimately, a dude just got splattered all over the pavement, and we never forget that.

Being that the RM is not seeking active connection with the Compilation, they have the option of portraying them either way (or a new way entirely). I suppose some of my concern comes from the fact that now Nomura is in CHARGE, and the zany-funny-stylish angle seems to be much more his bag than anybody else's.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's just the 25th Memorial Ultimanias, yes. But having an official English translation is a big deal -- even to someone like me, who can decipher the Japanese if I'm willing to put in the time. :monster:

It's thoroughly enjoyable just being able to read the damn thing for once.

Granted, it looks funny having two copies of the same book sitting next to each other on my FF bookshelf.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
So I'm playing through Spiderman for the PS4, and I'm in the lab doing these mini-games to fix failed servos. It's your typical Pipe Dreams style mini-game where you need to get a charge to move in the right direction by placing and rotating tiles. I already remember this from Bioshock as a method of hacking into machines...Including enemy drones.

That made me realize that if Nomura or anyone else on the combat design team is remotely aware of how cool the idea, they'd make it so Jessie's unique ability is not only to be able to hack doors and build bombs, but also take control of enemy robots. Think about how many enemies are mechanical, and how useful it'd be to have Jessie take control of enemy units via mini-game midfight, giving her a lot of fluidity, and making her loss that much more palpable. Later on maybe we can reclaim that ability through Cid, as he is a mechanic capable of operating a space rocket?

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Assuming Jessie will be a playable character? Is there any reason to think they'll change that from the original? They do die quite early on.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Not in the bloated Part 1: An Unexpected Dream Drop / 5 (subtitle: Final Fantasy VII)

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Is that parts out of 5, or just a random fraction in the title like they did with that KH game.

Reactions: Ite

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Assuming Jessie will be a playable character? Is there any reason to think they'll change that from the original? They do die quite early on.
There’s been speculation for a while now given the comments about enlarging Avalanche, that B, W and J may be playable guest characters in the early stages of the game. Which is not exactly novel in the FF franchise.

Top Bottom