• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (gameplay/combat)

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
The reason I haven't run screaming from Persona 5's projected 100 hour run time is because if I get story fatigued I can just bugger off from the main mission for an hour or two

Wait, you mean you aren't "buggering off" the ENTIRE TIME you play the game?? That's how it always feels for me, at least (and a big reason why this is one of my favorite series' of all time)

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Wait, you mean you aren't "buggering off" the ENTIRE TIME you play the game?? That's how it always feels for me, at least (and a big reason why this is one of my favorite series' of all time)

I'm too nervous about deadlines, so I never allow myself more than 5 days or so of preparation once a palace becomes available. I'd rather just get that done ASAP so I can use the free time for building relationships and stats.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
FFXV's Chocobo Racing felt like a more updated and refined version of FFVII's Chocobo Racing, so I mean. Yeah... I would imagine it would since FFXV was taking it from FFVII :mon:

....God, and thank you for reminding me of that.

FFXV had fucking Chocobo Racing and customizing. That's was a huge and hilariously fun mini-game to FFXV's credit. I fucking loved how you could race Noctis' friends and the best racer in the game..

Was fucking Eris of all people.

Eris riding a hot pink chocobo.

That tripped me out.

I mean, that was pretty damn fun. Annnnnd... That also reminded me of the off-road racing mini-game that was added to the Royal Edition to the game. Off-roading with Cidny in the Regalia modified as a monster truck. That shit was hilarious.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Chocobo Racing is in the Duscae region by Wiz's Chocobo Post. I don't know the exact place but Prompto eagerly fanboys at the prospect of playing it so that'll be your hint it's available :mon:

The monster truck rally racing gets unlocked upon you unlocking the Regalia Type D. Which is the best Regalia, in my opinion. You can get it as early as chapter 3 and yeah. It really makes driving and shit worth it.

...Such a shame FFVII can't let the buggy be as versatile as the Regalia Type D. Because it'd be hilarious to drive that thing all over the place and ontop of enemies.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well that would be awesome, but I just figured they'd keep the Buggy being only for flat terrain and not water or rocky areas but...

I guess another thing they could do is tweak the freedom of exploration and make it different than the PS1 game. The more I think about it, the better I would like that, honestly.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I don't really understand why people liked the chocobo racing in XV. I thought it was pretty lame really.

I missed the Moogle festival though. Dunno if that made it any better?

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Because they're a staple of the series, and this was the most they've been brought to life yet. They controlled great and were a very welcome break from riding on the roads or walking everywhere. And, I don't know, maybe you went in with a negative mindset and your experiences reflected that? We all carry our own baggage into any experience.

I mean, I also missed the Moogle festival. The chocobo riding stands out as one of my favorite parts of Final Fantasy XV.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
I preferred just traversing the landscape on chocobos rather than the racing itself or roadtripping. It made the wandering around off-road on these huge expanses of nothingness slightly more interesting/bearable.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Because they're a staple of the series, and this was the most they've been brought to life yet. They controlled great and were a very welcome break from riding on the roads or walking everywhere. And, I don't know, maybe you went in with a negative mindset and your experiences reflected that? We all carry our own baggage into any experience.

I mean, I also missed the Moogle festival. The chocobo riding stands out as one of my favorite parts of Final Fantasy XV.

You misunderstood my point. I agree with all this. I loved them as a means of travel. I think they really nailed the feel of it.

I was talking specifically about the race course. That I thought was very simplistic. I wanted something bigger, like the FF7 races. That's why I mentioned the moogle festival, because I understand they added some new races for that.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I plan on going through Final Fantasy XV again to experience all the new content. So I'll make a call then. I honestly spent more time using the chocobos as a mount than racing the first time around.

As for it pertaining to Final Fantasy VII, I would love them to have an assortment of tracks if they handled as well as they did in Final Fantasy XV. But I would also settle for a track that was more or less like what we had in the original game. What a wacky course!

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I'm getting ready for a final playthrough too.

I'm not sure where the Ardyn DLC will be best played though. Either just at the beginning as a prologue, or maybe at the end of chapter 13 after the reveal of who Ardyn is.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
That's my guess, too. Have you played any of the DLC? Do you have to access it separately, or does it give you the option when necessary?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You can play it anytime. Its completely separate from the main game itself.

The bonuses you earn go towards your game but you can play the dlc at your leisure.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Yeah they've annoyingly still not integrated it into the game, so you have to just access it from the menu.

You should absolutely play it as part of the main story though. Just save your game and access it through the menu when you reach that part in the story. I did that on my second playthrough and it massively improved the experience for me. It all feels fairly seamless.

Play Episode Gladio at any point in Chapter 7. Play Episode Ignis after Chapter 9. Play Episode Prompto after leaving Tenebrae in Chapter 12. Then play Comrades after Chapter 13. That worked well for me. Then I think Episode Ardyn will work best at the end of Chapter 13 as well, so it feels like it's part of his big reveal.

Oh and unless you loved the Noctis section of Chapter 13, you can just skip that entirely now by choosing Ignis and Gladio instead. That's what I did and I didn't feel like anything was lost. Their segment has important story events in it, so you need to do their bit either way.

Last edited:

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Seems largely meaningless to me. They're just a way of signposting different parts in the story. They don't have any real functional role.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
If they do do chapters, I would like to see it similar to how Nier Automata did them, where there isn’t any obvious marker/transitions for them and they are unlocked after the game is beat for the first time.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I don't think I've ever wanted to just replay 1 segment of a story before. I like it to act as if a story I'm experiencing could be real. So it has to be played fully.

I replayed all of FFXV when the DLC was out, and I'm gonna replay it again fully when Ardyn DLC is out.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I've started keeping multiple saves because there have been times (particularly for FFX) where I want to dive back into a game where I haven't completely broken everything, but I don't want to go through the introduction again.

So now I have a save for every point in X up to Guadosalam and still going just in case.

So chapter-return would be welcome.

Top Bottom