• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (gameplay/combat)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
FFXV did to a minor degree. The most obvious was in the power plant where you have to wear the flame retardant suits, and they also have you 100% fire resistance whenever they were worn.
Noctis will complain about being hot and Gladio will tell him it take off the jacket. This didn't have specific effects related to temperature (I assume it's in there just to remind the player they can mess with how they're geared), but the outfit did have different strengths/weaknesses with and without the jacket. And I did take it off in hot areas for RP purposes :monster:

So it's not impossible. I could also see the crew simply getting winter gear when they're on the northern continent that you can choose to use or not but isn't tied to stats necessarily. (a la the main character NPCs in XIV)

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
That'd be cool. And in Part 2 (or whatever part it shows up in), swimsuits for Costa del Sol like how the characters in Xenosaga had them and could wear them anytime.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Will they let Cloud keep the dress? I mean that seems like a no-brainer as far as outfit changing. Want to kick some arse Eddie Izzard style :joy:
Almost certainly. I would also fully expect to keep everyone's Shinra/sailor uniform.

If I'm not able to wear Cloud's dress, Barret's sailor outfit, or Red XIII's Shinra uniform in my battle against Safer Sephiroth in the final part, I'm gonna be pissed.

Jairus

Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge as semiplayable guest combatants (ala Team NORA from FFXIII) for Part 1 would be great, and it seems like it's a possibility given Wedge's presence in the combat UI for the bike minigame. I doubt they would have it just for that one event, after all. Also, solo missions with each of them and Cloud would be nice as well, where he goes off with one of them to do some AVALANCHE stuff, to give them some screen time for themselves, further character development, and allow Cloud to get to know them and grow those friendships.

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge as semiplayable guest combatants (ala Team NORA from FFXIII) for Part 1 would be great, and it seems like it's a possibility given Wedge's presence in the combat UI for the bike minigame. I doubt they would have it just for that one event, after all. Also, solo missions with each of them and Cloud would be nice as well, where he goes off with one of them to do some AVALANCHE stuff, to give them some screen time for themselves, further character development, and allow Cloud to get to know them and grow those friendships.
I like the idea of side missions with members of AVALANCE.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I think it's at least confirmed you will do missions with them and no Barret? In the parachute scene, there was only them four. Having them at least chime in a battle would be nice already, but I really just have a feeling that Square doesnt want that. Idk. Hope I'm wrong.

Jairus

Well what I meant was, individual missions with just Cloud and one of the AVALANCHE members. Some for each of the three. And I think we could see them as AI-controlled guest members at certain times. Wedge was in the battle UI in that screenshot, and his bar was colored differently, likely to indicate that he was an AI guest. I'm hoping we'll see more of that, on foot as well as on bikes.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
This has probably been discussed elsewhere, but with the posts where everyone's talkin' bout 'appropriate' clothes (especially for Icicle region, etc), **what, ah.....what exactly are the predictions regarding Mister Red Thirteen?

**should be read as Jeff Goldblum

pxp

Pro Adventurer
This has probably been discussed elsewhere, but with the posts where everyone's talkin' bout 'appropriate' clothes (especially for Icicle region, etc), **what, ah.....what exactly are the predictions regarding Mister Red Thirteen?

**should be read as Jeff Goldblum
Cloud’s pauldron will have a knitted mitten over it - fingerless though, where the three bolts stick out.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
In the Shinra building, there’s that pretty cool section where you have the miniature model of Midgar in its entirety with parts missing.

The gameplay in this section consists of opening chests one after another after they unlock, which isn’t really a puzzle...
I hope the remake makes a legit puzzle out of this! Maybe if they have you gather all of the parts first, then having the puzzle be working out how they fit together. I’d enjoy that a lot - hearty puzzles before a climax are always good in my book, and the Midgar miniature is genuinely intriguing to look at. I can’t wait to see it in 3D regardless.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I hadn't even thought about that stuff. I agree. In fact, that whole floor where you crawl through vents and can only open a set amount of doors could use some manner of re-doing.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I feel like all of the shinra building puzzles are just kind of tedious on a replay. Definitely wouldn't mind a redux there. Imagine the statue hiding game is redone a a MGS style stealth section. And if they keep that door puzzle, have the correct path be random each time.

Top Bottom