• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (gameplay/combat)

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
You know, I just thought of something. I wonder if, in the remake, Rude will still avoid attacking Tifa due to his crush on her. It would be interesting to see how one could take advantage of that in the new battle system.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I think that would work expect the Bike minigame. Was it the only to replay the bike "sequence"?

Reactions: LNK

Jairus

Yeah, and speaking of the Gold Saucer minigames, I'd like to have a 3D Battler that can actually be finished, lol. The one in the original was bugged and eventually unbeatable.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I think that would work expect the Bike minigame. Was it the only to replay the bike "sequence"?
I don't remember if it was or not, but they can still change it. The character doesn't even have to be Cloud. Just use random characters. Keeping all of those games with the ps1 graphics will give it that retro feel. Especially for everyone that played this game back when it first came out (or a few years after)

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Yeah, and speaking of the Gold Saucer minigames, I'd like to have a 3D Battler that can actually be finished, lol. The one in the original was bugged and eventually unbeatable.
Lol they should all definitely be beatable

Jairus

I wonder, for the bike game, would it use the blue truck from the final escape or the remake's version with Cloud, Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge on the two bikes?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I wonder, for the bike game, would it use the blue truck from the final escape or the remake's version with Cloud, Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge on the two bikes?
I like what oty said. Have a retro version so it really looks like a video game that they're playing. Then have the sequence in the remake so you can replay it. At least that way, people can choose which one they would rather do. Personally, I'd do the ps1 version. It was really cool when Uncharted 4 did that with Crash Bandicoot.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I predict they'll be post-launch DLC for Red XIII depicting when he was captured by Shinra.

Considering Red XIII will already have some battle animations in Part 1, and they'll likely be developing Cosmo Canyon for Part 2, and SE has said they're considering ways to fill the time between releases, I think it just makes sense. Plus, he's the best character to expand on because of his limited screen time.

No comment if it'll incorporate Compilation elements.

Jairus

Oh, what I meant about the bike game was that it seems there will be two different versions of it in the remake - I was wondering which of the remake versions they would use at the Gold Saucer for the minigame - trio version or Midgar escape version? Or allow us to choose which one?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
A playable Red XIII DLC is something I would begrudgingly purchase. Perhaps when Part 2 comes out you’ll be able to patch Part 1 with a playable option (or keep him as a guest?) but I don’t think they’d do something like that, sadly.

I really love the narrative twist of “oh this monster isn’t our enemy, he’s our ally — not only our ally, but a full-fledged party member who comes with his own materia!” It was a really special moment for me, and there’s something less punchy about a guest, although what we do get out of the change is being able to have Red XIII “on our team” without taking up a party slot.

It’s both exciting and frustrating... like everything else FF7R related haha.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
A playable Red XIII DLC is something I would begrudgingly purchase. Perhaps when Part 2 comes out you’ll be able to patch Part 1 with a playable option (or keep him as a guest?) but I don’t think they’d do something like that, sadly.

I really love the narrative twist of “oh this monster isn’t our enemy, he’s our ally — not only our ally, but a full-fledged party member who comes with his own materia!” It was a really special moment for me, and there’s something less punchy about a guest, although what we do get out of the change is being able to have Red XIII “on our team” without taking up a party slot.

It’s both exciting and frustrating... like everything else FF7R related haha.
Maybe they would do something like 15s DLCs (Gladio, Ignis and Prompto). Maybe showing what he was up to prior to being captured?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I'm torn on this: on one hand, I don't think they should bother with any significant DLC at all (costumes at most) and instead work on part 2. On the other hand, I'll take any bit of Red XIII I can get in the remake.
From what I heard, they are already working on part 2. As long as any DLC doesn't take too much time away from that, I wouldn't mind. Or release a short movie like the Ardyn prologue

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I thought someone might eventually get around to mentioning this but maybe it's never crossed anyone's minds.

Most of Cloud's skills in the Remake are either inspired by his OG Limit Breaks (Braver and Cross-slash) or entirely new creations (Operator/Punisher Mode).

But one skill so far has clearly been lifted from somewhere else.

Focused Thrust.gif

I could've sworn I've seen this move before...

Sonic Blade.gif

I think that's hilariously awesome they've kept that move for Cloud. I guess they figured it was iconic :monster:

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I wished they would keep the same button sounds from the OG
This would totally make the game immediately retain the same feel as the OG. The Ocarina of Time / Majora’s Mask remakes, even if they were remade at similar limitations, kept their moods largely to the fact all the sounds were the same.

In a probably more relevant example, DMC5 still uses the menu sounds from DMC1 even though it is a much more advanced game. And FFVII-R would immediately feel more like FFVII if the menu sounds were the same. The limitbreak sound, too.

I thought someone might eventually get around to mentioning this but maybe it's never crossed anyone's minds.

Most of Cloud's skills in the Remake are either inspired by his OG Limit Breaks (Braver and Cross-slash) or entirely new creations (Operator/Punisher Mode).

But one skill so far has clearly been lifted from somewhere else.

I could've sworn I've seen this move before...

I think that's hilariously awesome they've kept that move for Cloud. I guess they figured it was iconic :monster:
This is a really cool find!

On the topic of the Golden Saucer, I’m super curious what they do with it. I hope they keep the carnival-like music (a lot of the remake seems to be more orchestrated) and I hope they make it feel like a genuine festival area. People bustling, lots of fun commotion, and so on! And keeping things like the goofy slides to get to the different sectors. Agreed that the games should be PSX quality, too. (with the exception of the “IRL” games, like the shooting hoops one.

Having gameplay on some of the mini games that’s more than just pressing a button at the right time would also be ideal.

Top Bottom