• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (gameplay/combat)

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
The texture loading problems are noticeable, hope they can be patched/fixed. As for the skyboxes (which if I am understanding the term correctly, just mean the skies and/or the ground when your above?) looked fine to me, since they are from a distance.

I think when it comes to the skyboxes, they're referring to stuff like this which is not super great:
bqteX2P.jpg

8kNF4LZ.jpg

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
God I absolutely cant stand them tho.....Like, come on. At least for the backgrounds. Ok, maybe I'm a bit too harsh. But honestly,
Chapter 6
was one of the lowest points for me bc of that.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Mine was
the climb up Sector 7's ruins to Shinra HQ.

If their intention was to capture a retro feel in terms of 2D backgrounds.... They succeeded :monster:

Bless this game's heart, I love it, glitches/faults and all. Hopefully it gets fixed very soon. Since I'm replaying the hell out of it, I'll be able to see the correction when made lol

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Sure glad I'm not more active in the FF7R subreddit. Apparently if you think there are texture issues you are "nit-picky" "bitching about nothing" "a manbaby" etc. Oh and the best "reasoning" I've seen by more than one person is that SE has purposely used low-res textures and skyboxes to recreate the feeling of the original.:huh:

Said topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemake/comments/g0f8vt (fair warning it's rather cringey/toxic, and I think there might be some spoilers here n' there)
Reddit is absolutely a dread...its literally 90% of the times a 8 or a 80. Either the game is perfect or the game is an absolute trashpile. To be fair tho, thats about it in any subreddit of certain games.

I don't really visit that subreddit much these days. It's literally the anti-GameFAQs where this time, only positivity is allowed.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Do you really think the Ultimania will explain the ending, though? I'm not so sure...

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I expect it will help contextualize some stuff and clear up others, but I don’t think it’s going to outright explain everything down to the nail. It’s obvious parts of the ending are meant to be unexplained/set-up for the future, so I don’t think the Ultimania are going to pre-spoil the entire Remake project.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I'm really surprised by only having 10 save slots. I'm up to chapter 4, and was saving pretty freely as I wanted to make sure I could go back to a save if I missed something before triggering an event..... Something change? I remember KHII had like what... 99 save slots? Hope the'll expand the amount of slots you get.....

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Hahah, well Luminous Engine probably has something cooked up too.

I suspect the next part of FFVIIR will probably receive a port to UE5 (Epic said that those ports are something they are personally assisting), thus wont fully utilise it to it's maximum potential, but FFVIIR-3 is gonna be native UE5, with already experience on it, and shall be the insaniest ever.

Even still, next part will still be insane too. I mean, if the PS5 can do that, we are looking at an insane Gaia next time around folks. I just hope the next game really is native PS5.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Some aspects of XV look better due to Luminous Engine, but plenty of Remake looks better due to Unreal. Hopefully Unreal 5 will just resoundingly improve things, and it sounds like it will.

Especially since the world’s gonna open up in the next part, if they can push the technology further for the open areas, that’ll be ideal.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
It's less about the engine and more the fact that there's +3 years gap of tech developent between both games.
Time and resources are definitely a huge factor, through I still can’t help but feel like there’s some individual strengths and weaknesses to both engines.

As far as personal impressions go - lighting and rendering as a whole seems to be Luminous’ strength, while the visual effects (magic, sparks, etc) and post-processing (motion blur) seem really strong in Unreal.

Top Bottom