• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (gameplay/combat)

Once Chocobo breeding becomes a thing, whether it be in Part 2, 3 or 4, we will not be allowed to mate close relatives. :monster:

The sidequest towards getting the Gold Chocobo will be changed so it's less tedious than the original game, even with the banning of unethical mating practices. One way might be to find rival Chocobo racers whose Chocobos can be matched up with yours for mating, thus linking Chocobo mating- and racing in a different way from the OG.

EDIT: One thing I did not consider while first writing this post is how Remake will deal with the passage of time in terms of raising newborn Chocobos. It must take a considerable time for a newborn Chocobo to grow enough to be ready for riding, so the game may feel obligated to remove the breeding mechanic altogether because the months and years required would break immersion.

The nature of the sidequest could be changed substantially with this in mind. Will we have to transform a single Chocobo on the path to a Gold Chocobo, similar to how our Chocobo in FFIX evolved? Will there be a single breeding instance in Part 2 that leads to a Gold Chocobo, only it won't be old enough for riding until Part 4? Man this is a can of game mechanic vs immersion worms.

Last edited:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield

imagine if you had NPCs in Midgar playing\singing remixes like this one instead of random crap.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
EDIT: One thing I did not consider while first writing this post is how Remake will deal with the passage of time in terms of raising newborn Chocobos. It must take a considerable time for a newborn Chocobo to grow enough to be ready for riding, so the game may feel obligated to remove the breeding mechanic altogether because the months and years required would break immersion.

The nature of the sidequest could be changed substantially with this in mind. Will we have to transform a single Chocobo on the path to a Gold Chocobo, similar to how our Chocobo in FFIX evolved? Will there be a single breeding instance in Part 2 that leads to a Gold Chocobo, only it won't be old enough for riding until Part 4? Man this is a can of game mechanic vs immersion worms.
I think you're putting too much thought into it. Just because the graphics are realistic now doesn't mean every game mechanic has to be. Don't forget you're playing as a twink with a 500 pound sword. I'd personally rather avoid a sonic adventure Chao situation where it really does take dozens and dozens of hours to get a really good one.

How will the chocobo system work though? In the original it required you to have access to the whole map before you could get anywhere with chocobo breeding, which means it would come in the very last part pretty much. At the same time, Chocobo racing is going to need to be a thing by next part because of the gold saucer. I doubt cross-part side activities are going to be a thing, both because I don't think cross part compatibility will be a thing at all, and because it would be a little unreasonable to ask the player to start the process when it could be a decade before they see the results.

Something that would be fun to see for Part 2 would be a folding chair as a joke weapon for Aerith, with materia slots and a special included ability to bash enemies over the head with it.
IfSLbzf.gif

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I wonder what normal enemies will be upgraded to Boss monster status in parts 2 and beyond...? In Part 1 we got a Hell House, a Prince Sahuagin, a Queen Grashtrike, etc.

My predictions for new boss monsters for Part 2 and beyond:

-Catching a chocobo as a mandatory multi-phase boss encounter
-Ark dragon with crawler adds in the Mythril Mines as a mini boss like Queen Grashtrike
-Rude and Elena (multi-phase boss encounter)
-Hell rider from the now-mandatory Fort Condor section (multi-phase boss)
-Grangalan "Sr." in the Costa del Sol area (multi-phase boss)
-"Dire" Cokatolis (cockatrice) in Mount Corel (mini boss)
-Land worm for the party to fight while Barret is out of the party (multi-phase boss with at least one "burrow" phase).
-Elena in Icicle Inn (multi-phase boss)
-Pollensalta (mini boss)
-Scarlet with Shinra grunt adds as a Tifa solo boss.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Ying-Yang in the Shinra Manor basement could be a sub-boss there, maybe guarding the way to where Vincent's sleeping. And the Snow in the cave on the Great Glacier. She was already a set encounter in the OG, so I could easily see the remake expanding her to full miniboss status. Oh, and as far as full bosses, I imagine Demon Wall in the Temple of the Ancients is going to be insane.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Ying-Yang in the Shinra Manor basement could be a sub-boss there, maybe guarding the way to where Vincent's sleeping. And the Snow in the cave on the Great Glacier. She was already a set encounter in the OG, so I could easily see the remake expanding her to full miniboss status. Oh, and as far as full bosses, I imagine Demon Wall in the Temple of the Ancients is going to be insane.

Oh yeah Ying Yang! I figured that Lost Number would be the mandatory monster, but Ying Yang as a surprise second boss would be dope. (Getting Vincent is now 2 mandatory chapters lol)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ying and Yang are almost guaranteed as either a sub-boss or main boss. That thing was one of Nomura's favorite enemy designs and one of the most memorable random enemies in the game. I could see it getting the Eligor and Hell House treatment and being made a boss.

Lost Number would be a secret boss with a lot of upgrades and detail.

I feel like they'd use Ghirofelgo as something memorable too. Maybe not a boss but a recurring enemy that would change depending on the room you bought him in. He'd be higher or lower from the ceiling depending on the room. And he could sort of be like a keeper of the Mansion.

I dunno, there are so many unique enemy designs in the Mansion alone that I feel like they'd want to go ham with them.

The Devil Ride looks like a colorful offspring of some Mad Max insanity. Imagine if they change up Corel Prison to include biker gangs and Devil Riders. I could see that happening. (Omg is Corel Prison going to be Thunderdome meets Fury Road? :wacky:)

One Compilation enemy I wouldn't mind returning for Remake is the Shadow Creeper from AC. I could easily see these swarming the Whirlwind Maze and/or the Northern Crater, given the proximity to Sephiroth.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I predict they'll be DLC weapons in part 1's future. Looking at the Materia & Equipment screen, each character has a seventh weapon slot. I didn't think much of this previously since the armor and accessory lists have over seven items, so I thought the list display/logic was just carryover from that. However, I recently noticed the Upgrade Weapons screen also features the seventh slot. I find this mighty suspicious.

I have four thoughts on how the DLC weapons could be released:
  1. The DLC weapons could be distributed for free like the Butterfinger promotion items
  2. The DLC weapons could be treasure/rewards in an unannounced expansion
  3. The inevitable multi-platform/next-gen release of FF7R could feature the seventh weapons as new content
  4. The DLC weapons were cancelled to lessen the team's workload as they transition to working from home in response to COVID-19
I hope for number 2 :)

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
Not sure if anyones already mentioned this but would a PVP feature be fun as end game material? It could be a gold saucer "VR" game. 1v1 or party style. Maybe even unique fights as in no materia or basic equipment.

Now I havent played the remake yet so im not sure how balanced it is or if there is one character that just simply out damages the others. *cough......cloud.....couch* ehmm but then again you have ranged characters but i dont know how easy it is to hit and run. Watched some gameplay and it looked like you could lunge toward an enemy that was rather far away.

Top Bottom