• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (gameplay/combat)

Give us an actual T-Rex, or similarly large dinosaur with big teeth, to fight in this room. No, the Ancient Dragon fight is not epic enough.

kuro_5.png

This room always had a mysterious aura because of how the mural stands apart from the rest and because you only access it by falling from the large moving clock. I like to imagine that this room stores the memory of creatures from millions of years back in the past, such as dinosaurs. A battle against a T-Rex would give me the payoff that I've long wanted from this temple area.

How Heavy Tank ("Tankceratops") plays into all of this and the planet's history of dinosaurs, I do not know. :awesomonster:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
How Heavy Tank ("Tankceratops") plays into all of this and the planet's history of dinosaurs, I do not know. :awesomonster:

What a coincidence. I just found out last night that "Tankceratops" is not the enemy's actual name. That's just what everyone calls it.

Been said before, but I'm looking forward to Heavy Tank being expanded into a boss fight like Swordipede and Hell House. When an enemy is that absurd, you have to go all in or it just doesn't work.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Give me triple linked materia slots.

We all know about normal linked slots. Enhance an ability with a support materia. However, with triple linked slots, you could enhance an ability with two support materias or enhance two separate abilities with one support materia.

Examples:
Fire - Magnify - MP Absorb
Lightning - Magnify - Ice

I think this would go a long way in opening up the battle system. And with who knows how many parts left, we may be in need of some additional complexity.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
You're probably aware but the Volant Armlet, exclusive to Intermission, has one materia slot with triple growth.

Fun fact: the Chthonian Armlet, compatible with the Gozu Drive and Mezu Drive accessories, changes color depending on which you have equipped.

I really like the idea of certain amor and accessory combinations granting additional buffs. Hope they do more with that.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Give me triple linked materia slots.

We all know about normal linked slots. Enhance an ability with a support materia. However, with triple linked slots, you could enhance an ability with two support materias or enhance two separate abilities with one support materia.

Examples:
Fire - Magnify - MP Absorb
Lightning - Magnify - Ice

I think this would go a long way in opening up the battle system. And with who knows how many parts left, we may be in need of some additional complexity.
Somebody on VII's world thought that was a great idea too. Next thing everyone knew, they were watching Omega sail away to the stars with the Lifestream.

I've long fantasized about triple-slots :monster:
Many have. That's why on the eighth day, God created your mom. :monster:

D

Deleted member 13557

All I really want is for them to expand on synergies from episode intermission. Dual and triple techs, baby!

Maybe something like this:

When playing as Tifa you can synergise with Cloud and do a set of specific moves. BUT if you’re playing as Cloud and you synergise with Tifa you access a different set of moves. Having this apply to every single playable character and the same for triple techs could open up a bunch of opportunities.

So, if you’re playing as Barrett and you Synergise with Cloud and Tifa, you get a set of triple techs. Then you get different triple techs depending on which character you’re currently controlling :mon:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
All I really want is for them to expand on synergies from episode intermission. Dual and triple techs, baby!

Maybe something like this:

When playing as Tifa you can synergise with Cloud and do a set of specific moves. BUT if you’re playing as Cloud and you synergise with Tifa you access a different set of moves. Having this apply to every single playable character and the same for triple techs could open up a bunch of opportunities.

So, if you’re playing as Barrett and you Synergise with Cloud and Tifa, you get a set of triple techs. Then you get different triple techs depending on which character you’re currently controlling :mon:
That would be a great evolution of XVs combined attacks. Also a way to replicate ACs battles which were full of joint acrobatics.

Top Bottom