Hopes for the remake (merchandise)

Pixel

The Pixie King
New guide book! Another novel from Nojima... maybe exploring Jenova's arrival, and the Cetra.

Yes. Fridge Magnets. Why don't they make fridge magnets? Are fridge magnets not a thing in Japan?

I would also like a box of FFVII fridge magnet poetry.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
When I was in middle school, we used to pick up free magnets from businesses that would give them out as promotional material, or even, phone books would come with free magnets. Then we'd print off pictures of anime characters and glue them on the magnets so we could stick 'em on the inside of our lockers. The magnets were thin enough that you could cut them into whatever size/shape you wanted.

In retrospect, it looked super trashy done like that. But I'd imagine you could get one of those nice phone straps and glue a magnet on the back of it. Shrink film is also something you can use to print whatever you want off in a way that's quite a bit more classy than just regular printer paper.

Magnets are also something that pop up quite often on Etsy, because they're quite easy to make, and an easy way for an artist to market their drawing talent. So if you don't want to do any work and you're into the idea of supporting cool fanart, that's an option too.

I know it's not the official stuff y'all are hoping for, but I'm a seasoned veteran in not getting the merch I want for things. Ya learn tricks.

Our realtor used to send us calendar magnets, and I would always cut little squares out of them and tape them to the backs of pictures of video game characters so I could arrange them around my locker. Just looking at a shitty flimsy magnet gives me nostalgia :D

Last edited:

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
A 3d printed model of midgar would be epic. So I could start my water cooled of build in style

No, fridge magnets with all kinds of famous quotes from the game broken up into separate words so you can rearrange them into new poetry, along with everybody's names and places names and so on.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Wall map of the Planet. Rich colour, full detail. Very much like the recently (5 years ago) released Westeros wall map:

http://www.fantasticmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Westeros.jpg

This comes to mind on Etsy

No, fridge magnets with all kinds of famous quotes from the game broken up into separate words so you can rearrange them into new poetry, along with everybody's names and places names and so on.

"This fridge are empty"

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Considering how surprisingly good the AC Play Arts Kai line was, I would absolutely be in on a new line for the remake. The headsculpts in particular are very good in the AC line, hopefully that can carry across.

I really want some kind of nice boxed Collector's Edition of the game, though. Something similar in quality to the MGSV:TPP CE, but not as extravagant as the Advent Pieces box. Making-of DVD, artbook, a 1:1 scale replica of Holy with a little display plinth, hell even some silly exclusive VII-themed gear for FFXIV. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Pretty much anything that doesn't include just the game in a fancy case, five lithographs and a soundtrack that doesn't get its own case, and slapping 90$ on it. Like wtf :closedmonster:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I think one of the reasons Gaia sticks is that it's nice to have something to call the planet and Gaia's a nice name that make sense. I mean, some people still refer to Megaman's hometown as Monstropolis simply because it's entertaining to do so, rather than actually thinking that's the actual name of the place he lives in.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
*sigh* I'm never gonna be able to kill this one. :monster:

And yes, I did send the article link to the seller of that world map. *continues my never-ending crusade against the Gaia name*

9c6.png

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I've been at a convention over this entire weekend, and let me tell ya, it's starting. I've seen quite a bit of Final Fantasy VII merchandise (which I didn't see last year, and some of which I am buying, mostly t-shirts) and even a few cosplayers, which I didn't see last years and thought was freakin awesome.

OneThousandCuts

Pro Adventurer
Maybe.....I'll finally get to finish my Sephiroth shrine without having to pay an unholy fortune for hard-to-find goodies on e-bay or some such.:sephball:

Attachments

• 2013-08-13_17.36.08.jpg
    2013-08-13_17.36.08.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 13

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I approve of the Sephiroth merchandise. :awesome: But why'd you leave the play arts one in the box? He's fun to pose. <3
Also...... what about the Sephi cologne? I've been curious as hell to know what that stuff smells like ever since it was announced. Like, if it smells good, I want to spray it all over my pillows. :monster:

Top Bottom