Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
I agree with Fez and want to add to that.

The only way I can see an Aerith DLC being done without screwing with the story and canon would be showing her journey from the Temple of the Ancients to the Forgotten Capital, her fate and then her second journey through the Lifestream from understanding her situation over acquiring the skill to retain her spirit and personality, traveling the Lifestream and finally saving the planet with the Lifestream's help, possibly even controlling it directly after Sephiroth's influence has faded away. Kind of a "Another Side, Another Story" situation.

Jenovacells

Lv. 1 Adventurer
i'm really hoping for more scenes of aerith childhood. and i'm hoping they atleast put out a dlc to revive aerith! she has the best limit breaks.

and im hoping for more story on nanaki, :mon:

I personally do not think this will ever work, as someone else said maybe a dlc showing her journey through the lifestream. Agree, I think we have a lot of Aerith; I would personally would want to see more back story of how Jenova fell from the sky, more Zack. Maybe even more Clouds childhood interactions??? I do hope for more Nanaki, so I agree with you on that.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
What about Immaculate Conception? That would be another Star Wars reference (Anikin) :P

EDIT: It was the Lifestream who impregnated Cloud's mom to have a hero ready for when Sephiroth goes mad and takes over the world. Everything was planned from the start. Fate, if you will. The Lifestream was bored and needed some entertainment, so it created that Sephiroth x Cloud rivalry. And as Holy didn't do its job at the end, the Lifestream had to step in to apply course correction.

Yes, it's late and my brain only comes up with hot garbage. I need to go to sleep. Had many recording sessions today. My circuits are fried. :smashedmonster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
What about Immaculate Conception? That would be another Star Wars reference (Anikin) :P

EDIT: It was the Lifestream who impregnated Cloud's mom to have a hero ready for when Sephiroth goes mad and takes over the world. Everything was planned from the start. Fate, if you will. The Lifestream was bored and needed some entertainment, so it created that Sephiroth x Cloud rivalry. And as Holy didn't do its job at the end, the Lifestream had to step in to apply course correction.

Yes, it's late and my brain only comes up with hot garbage. I need to go to sleep. Had many recording sessions today. My circuits are fried. :smashedmonster:

d44.gif

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
Cloud's father noticed Cloud wasn't like other kids. He had blond hair, where all other kids had brown, his hairstyle was ridiculous and defying gravity, always in the same shape. Father knew what that meant, he heard the stories - his son was destined to be the JRPG Hero. All stories said the same: there are two things that always have to happen to the Hero - has to be raised by a single mother and his village must burn. So Father decided to run away, before either he disappears in mysterious circumstances or gets killed in the fire. He hid until his sons 15th birthday, when most of the Heroes start their journey. Then returned to Nibelheim, content he missed the prophecied fire only to be killed 7 hours later by Shinra troops for asking wrong questions about what happened to the village.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I recall fanfiction where Cloud was an illegitimate Shinra son, with his mom being a maid in the shinra mansion before papa shinra had his way with her.

Yes. I really don't like that 'everybody is related' trope. As Force said, it's so obvious and predictable.

My hope is that eventually SE will expand on their Wutai world-building. We'll finally discover whether there is more than one small village on that entire continent. We'll find out whether Godo is the ruler of all Wutai or just the mayor of his own village; whether their town is in fact the capital of Wutai or just a minor cult centre; whether Yuffie is the heiress to the hereditary Emperor of All Wutai, or just the mayor's daughter, etc....

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I recall fanfiction where Cloud was an illegitimate Shinra son, with his mom being a maid in the shinra mansion before papa shinra had his way with her.

On the topic of Shinra expies, I have a serious curiosity to see a female Shinra bastard child. Idk if it would be advisable to actually inject another such character into the compilation, considering it's been done twice already, but it's just a curiosity.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Yes. I really don't like that 'everybody is related' trope. As Force said, it's so obvious and predictable.

My hope is that eventually SE will expand on their Wutai world-building. We'll finally discover whether there is more than one small village on that entire continent. We'll find out whether Godo is the ruler of all Wutai or just the mayor of his own village; whether their town is in fact the capital of Wutai or just a minor cult centre; whether Yuffie is the heiress to the hereditary Emperor of All Wutai, or just the mayor's daughter, etc....

I always took what we saw on the world map as an abstraction, more a representation of what that world was like than anything literal. That distances were farther than they looked and that there were more places than what we saw, we were just shown only what was important for the story. I doubt Wutai, for example, has only one settlement, but only one was needed for the OG, so one was all we saw. In the more realistic remake, I would imagine that, once we get to Part 2 and the beginning of the open world, we may see a number of smaller settlements we never even knew were there, and the distances between the ones we do know of might be expanded to provide a better feeling of actually traveling across an entire world and make it seem like an even more epic journey. I can see Junon alone taking up the entire second half of Part 2 considering it's almost as big as Midgar and is bound to have a lot more for us to do in the remake.

Along those lines, I liked the campground scenes in FFXV, how you could spar with Gladio to get a bit of training, for instance, or watch as the guys set up the tent and things and just chilled under the stars. It would be awesome to see something like that in the remake Part 2 onward with the VII crew. Like being able to have characters spar with each other in the morning for a little exp, Tifa taking on Ignis' role as cook to give everyone a buff for the next day, racing against Red to build up other skills, early morning materia practice with Yuffie to get some extra AP for your materia, and other little scenes and activities. I could see Aerith being the camera girl and getting pictures since she likes to keep everyone's spirits up and has such a spunky personality, with Yuffie maybe taking over after she's gone. Maybe some target practice too for ranged characters like Barret and Vincent (when we get him in whatever later part he appears in). Just little extra things like that to let us see and interact with the crew during their down time and add more depth and immersion to them and their journey.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
I always took what we saw on the world map as an abstraction, more a representation of what that world was like than anything literal. That distances were farther than they looked and that there were more places than what we saw, we were just shown only what was important for the story. I doubt Wutai, for example, has only one settlement, but only one was needed for the OG, so one was all we saw. In the more realistic remake, I would imagine that, once we get to Part 2 and the beginning of the open world, we may see a number of smaller settlements we never even knew were there, and the distances between the ones we do know of might be expanded to provide a better feeling of actually traveling across an entire world and make it seem like an even more epic journey. I can see Junon alone taking up the entire second half of Part 2 considering it's almost as big as Midgar and is bound to have a lot more for us to do in the remake.

Along those lines, I liked the campground scenes in FFXV, how you could spar with Gladio to get a bit of training, for instance, or watch as the guys set up the tent and things and just chilled under the stars. It would be awesome to see something like that in the remake Part 2 onward with the VII crew. Like being able to have characters spar with each other in the morning for a little exp, Tifa taking on Ignis' role as cook to give everyone a buff for the next day, racing against Red to build up other skills, early morning materia practice with Yuffie to get some extra AP for your materia, and other little scenes and activities. I could see Aerith being the camera girl and getting pictures since she likes to keep everyone's spirits up and has such a spunky personality, with Yuffie maybe taking over after she's gone. Maybe some target practice too for ranged characters like Barret and Vincent (when we get him in whatever later part he appears in). Just little extra things like that to let us see and interact with the crew during their down time and add more depth and immersion to them and their journey.
Generally agree with this, although there’s no way Junon is nearly as big as Midgar. Not even close. Both in the OG and likewise upscaled for the Remake, I’d venture it’s about the size of maybe one or so Midgar Sector (at least above plate, below plate it was after all just a fishing village). Still sizeable and enough for us to get lost in and explore, mind you - and I can’t wait to see it (and, like, every single other location).

What I meant is that I'd really like to know more about how Wutai is governed, and in particular whether Godo rules the whole place, or is a minor lord of his own region, or is just the local wu-shu scholar, or the mayor, or what....

Reactions: Ite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom