• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Just hope they remember the charm and quirkiness that made FFVII so stand-out. The problem is, I suppose, is the shift in gaming in general and the respective generation of players - some things I can see being lamentably changed.
Also, hope they really give each character the time - for example, not leaving out Nanaki at certain points when it's convenient as his fur might be difficult to animate.

On a more direct note, I sure look forward to seeing some of Cid's finer moments. Finally, a vocalised version of sitting in one's chair to drink some goddamn tea.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Just hope they remember the charm and quirkiness that made FFVII so stand-out. The problem is, I suppose, is the shift in gaming in general and the respective generation of players - some things I can see being lamentably changed.
Also, hope they really give each character the time - for example, not leaving out Nanaki at certain points when it's convenient as his fur might be difficult to animate.

On a more direct note, I sure look forward to seeing some of Cid's finer moments. Finally, a vocalised version of sitting in one's chair to drink some goddamn tea.

Your comment about RedXIII just got me thinking about seeing all the characters again in the scenes. One of the reasons I love FFVII is that I actually like each and every playable character. Some of them can be annoying or weird like Yuffie and Cait Sith, but each character had their own arc in the OG and had good character development. They are just really good characters, IMO.

hleV

Pro Adventurer
  • PC release.
  • Good action battle system with free control over your character at all times.
  • Perhaps an ability to travel and fight along with all your party members at once unless the plot requires otherwise. 3 is a weird limit that breaks in-universe logic.
  • Emphasized difference between normal human (Tifa, Barret, Cid, etc.) and special human/being (Cloud, Red, Vincent) abilities (felt like humans from the main cast appeared too strong in OG and AC). Make them strong through the use of Materia, not just physically superhuman without any logic.
  • No way to change weapon (stick to Buster Sword, etc. throughout the whole game) or at least an option to keep their "skins".
Have to go, may add other things to the list later on.

Last edited:

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I just hope it comes out for PC eventually, like the OG did.

Same. I don't own a PS4 and do all my gaming via PC these days. I suspect it will though, as it seems like SE is making more of an effort to create PC versions of their games.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That does give me hope. If Genesis is at the Nibelheim reactor I will be PISSED. I hated it enough in CC.

I don't know why it would be, really. That scene is only shown in VII as it relates to Cloud. And Genesis' story is wholly unrelated to Cloud's.

Also, I highly doubt the game will be aimed at 15 year olds. I feel like they know their demographic. Obviously they will want to bring new people in, but making it kiddy would not serve them.

...and, anyway, the game was aimed at teenagers back then and it had all that stuff.

Dangerous Toast

Rookie Adventurer
You have to be pragmatic about these things. Scenes the suggestion of homosexual activities of San Francisco in the 80s give charm and quirk to the OG. Reading swear words, or 'bleeps' which basically made us all say the work fuck in our heads were awesome. However taking them away wont detract from the over all story. SE needs a financial success and to do that it needs as large a market share as possible.

Also bare in mind some people will be playing this game for the first time. You have to take the view of what is taken away, of which some things most certainly will, will it detract from the overall plot and character development. On the flip side to this I am also excited about what can be added. Yes its a remake, but if they were to copy the OG scene by scene, word by word I think they would have missed a great opportunity to make it even better.

Dangerous Toast

Rookie Adventurer
I must admit, I haven't played a console since the PS2 and wasn't aware of the change in demographics for gamers, however the point still stands. What can you take away from the game that wont detract from the adult gamer experience but will still theoretically give you exposure to a younger audience.

I could be completely wrong, but I am bracing myself for cuts of certain 'controversial' scenes. Just because I am quite ignorant, games that include some violence, bad language and what middle america might call 'deviant sexuality' are they still given what in the UK we would classify at 15 or over age restrictions, or do they go into 18+ territory?

I guess I'm in the minority.

I want them to integrate the events of BC, CC and DC(flashbacks) in the remake.

G in reactor,
Angeal's Buster Sword,
Vincent's flashbacks more fleshed out with DC stuff,
the Turks mentioning the others, Zirconaide (sp?),
random SOLDIERS hearing rumours of Deepground, Restrictors, etc..

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I must admit, I haven't played a console since the PS2 and wasn't aware of the change in demographics for gamers, however the point still stands. What can you take away from the game that wont detract from the adult gamer experience but will still theoretically give you exposure to a younger audience.

I could be completely wrong, but I am bracing myself for cuts of certain 'controversial' scenes. Just because I am quite ignorant, games that include some violence, bad language and what middle america might call 'deviant sexuality' are they still given what in the UK we would classify at 15 or over age restrictions, or do they go into 18+ territory?

I think that you should familiarize yourself with the types of things that are put into games nowadays, because your expectations of what teenagers are exposed to in games in terms of content seems really... uninformed, which is true since you missed the two most recent generations of games. Also - given that the rating of the original hasn't changed, I don't see why keeping all of the same "controversial" content would change the rating for a remake.

X :neo:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'd like an optional encounter with Deepground, run in with Cissnei and stuff. Nothing in the mandatory plot.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I feel like I'm the only one who's pretty sure the cross dressing scene will be retained. It's mentioned in Cloud's Ultimania profile and is directly referenced in a chapter of Lateral Biography, so it's not like square has been pretending it never happened.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, it'll be there. Ever since people have been talking about remakes people have been talking about that sequence like it was super taboo. How did all these people expect that Square got the scene through the first time?

I'd like an optional encounter with Deepground, run in with Cissnei and stuff. Nothing in the mandatory plot.

Exactly what I've said before. I would be more than happy with optional "disc 3" side quests that tie into the Compilation. Otherwise leave the main plot alone. If you want to reference the other Turks, just put some dialogue on Shinra NPCs wandering around Shinra HQ. Done.

Dangerous Toast

Rookie Adventurer
Well I will have to take the word of those with more knowledge on the matter. I suppose I am taking the view of what am I prepared to see cut, but still enjoy the game. Maybe because I haven't been spoiled by other fantastic games that meeting my expectations is very easy. I must be the perfect punter for SE :D

the other Turks

turkey_demonstrators001_16x9.jpg

:P

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
please don't give tifa any gratuitous tit bouncing jiggle physics in this game, i swear to god

Definitely do not want gratuitous, but I would be okay with a little bit. ;) They can't be immovable rocks when she is jumping, getting knocked down, etc.

Dangerous Toast

Rookie Adventurer
Thinking of The Turks I would love to see more character development from that side of things, make Rufus a more sympathetic character to the player like in AC. Someone who was blinded into making terrible decisions, or maybe even a reflection of the real world. Recognition of what he is doing is awful, but then again denying humanity cheap/free power would be political, and maybe even societal suicide.

I would like to see a little more Barrett story as well. The dawning of the morality in being a freedom fighter.

From a gameplay point of view a group leveling system would be nice to see. Reducing some of the grind so prevalent in PS1 era games would be lovely. Also, who wants to spend hours leveling a character who... you know what...

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
What I really hope SE remembers is that generally speaking, the current "canon" of a series is based on whatever the most recent installment puts out there. This would be a great opportunity to go back and come up with a redone timeline for the spinoffs as this would be regarded as the current canon. They wouldn't even need to do cutscenes or locations for them. Stuff as simple as finding optional reports would do the job of clearing up what happened before the game started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom