Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This thread is turning out to be every bit as sprawling as I expected. Maybe we should have had separate threads for the combat system, characters, soundtrack, and so on. :monster: I already feel like there's way too much for me to comment on.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I have three main things I want.

First, I want the plot left alone. Compilation sidequests are fine, but be as faithful to the OG story as possible.

Second, same things for the soundtrack. Remaster the existing soundtrack. Don't make something altogether new. New music for new content is fine however.

Third, I want a non turn based combat system. I want something more action oriented. Of course the materia system should absolutely still be incorporated.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm a big fan of finding little optional reports of things throughout the game that talk about the other Compilation content. I think it'd be interesting to see some generic enemies from the Compilation titles make an appearance.

X :neo:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
This thread is turning out to be every bit as sprawling as I expected. Maybe we should have had separate threads for the combat system, characters, soundtrack, and so on. :monster: I already feel like there's way too much for me to comment on.

Agreed. I was going to suggest at least making a separate thread for combat.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You could also drop lots of Compilation references that don't mess with anything into the Shinra Tower Library word scramble puzzle :monster:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Oh! Speaking of other Compilation hints that needs to be dropped: the fanclubs.

I wanna see the Silver Elite be turned into a cult.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I would like it to not be shit, but that's probably wishful thinking, :monster:.

* Every original CGI scene re-rendered - as actual CGI. Advent Children or CC CGI quality / style.
* Actually I liked AC's action sequences; would be neat if they could somehow incorporate that kind of awesome into the game.
* I... don't actually care for the english voice acting. Give us a choice of Japanese or English VA's with subtitling / speech bubbles.
* Please stay traditionally turn-based.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Of the voice acting, I quite hope that Rufus and Sephiroth stay the same. Open to change with the rest.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
For the past ten years or so I've been thinking about how they should remake the game. All kinds of ideas and opinions have been flying in and out of my head during this wait, but I have to admit that now that the time has actually come, I have nothing to say. It's more like I don't want or care enough to contribute. For me it only matters that the game is finally going to be remade and how it will or should be made, doesn't really interest me. I try to have no expectations because let's face it, they'll never be able to reach all or even most of them. The hype around this game is just too huge to handle and the fact that they are finally willing to grab the bull by the horns, has made me respect them a tiny bit again. If FFXV delivers I'm the first one to admit that SE is finally starting to mosey again!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm sure the voice acting will be a large source of consternation.

One thing I will say, regardless of actors, Square's voice direction has improved significantly since the days of FFX and the first Advent Children. Listen to the differences between X and XII and XIII. Between the two Dissidias. Even between scenes from the original Advent Children and the newly voiced Complete scenes. I think each Compilation entry improved the acting each time. (AC<DC<CC) So if there's any source of hope to be had - there you go.

Whether they keep or change voice actors to me is less important than that they direct it well. These characters all go through much more significant changes in mood throughout VII than they have in each of the spinoffs individually, a director will have to make sure that comes across.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
Yeah, it'll be there. Ever since people have been talking about remakes people have been talking about that [Wall Market] sequence like it was super taboo. How did all these people expect that Square got the scene through the first time?
I wouldn't say it's a taboo, it's just that Square-Enix seem to have lost their sense of humour over the last decade. Final Fantasy VII has a very serious setting, but it also contains a lot of silly gameplay and comedic moments. I think a lot of fans are concerned about whether S-E are capable of bringing these parts into an HD remake without losing the humour. Personally, I didn't get anything from watching Advent Children all those years ago because it just felt so bleak, and that didn't fit with the FFVII world that I felt I knew and adored from the game.

For me, joyfully bizarre minigames like those from FFVII have been a missing element from many recent S-E games. I just can't wait to experience them all again in a photorealistic game.

Last edited:

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
Oh, additional things i can't wait to see beautifully rendered - that one enemy that's a dinosaur on wheels. and the one that's a house.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Oh, additional things i can't wait to see beautifully rendered - that one enemy that's a dinosaur on wheels. and the one that's a house.

lol. Something tells me those two enemies might not make the cut.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I dunno, I mean it's not like FFXIII didn't have some wackyshack enemies:
06%20Munchkin%20Maestro--article_image.jpg

Lookin' at you, weird-goblin-with-a-hollow-torso-and-permanently-attached-roller-skates-and-DJ-headphones.

AvecAloes

Donator
OH my gosh I hate being at work and not being able to participate as the conversation unfolds.

FIRSTLY:
Force said:
I imagine the sword would always be visible on his back, hopefully it changes based on what you have equipped.

Didn't they do this with XIII:Lightning Returns? So it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to do.

SECONDLY: RE: Tifa boob jiggles
Didn't they jiggle a bit in at least one of the rendered cutscenes in the OG? I swear I remember rolling my eyes and giggling at it. Largely because they just looked like playdough.

THIRDLY: I reeeeeeeeally want to see Hell Houses in HD Remake Glory

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
SECONDLY: RE: Tifa boob jiggles
Didn't they jiggle a bit in at least one of the rendered cutscenes in the OG? I swear I remember rolling my eyes and giggling at it. Largely because they just looked like playdough.
Yeeep, that's the long cutscene with the weapons waking up. The highwind lurches and she falls over because she also has tiny useless sticks for legs.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
For everyone wondering, the dino on wheels is called a Heavy Tank. If they're still including the CPR with Pricilla, I'd like it to function like actual CPR this time. I also hope they're going to fix enemy names like Bagrisks and the Vagyrisk claws they drop when they're cleaning up the translation. I'm looking forward to seeing
Devil_Ride_FF7.png
and
Gighee_FF7.png
in hd, though I'm not so sure about unknown (all three of them).

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
  • okay so this game has the dark and gritty stuff but PLEASE square remember the game had a good sense of humor, something you've been sorely lacking. weird shit happened all the time. the characters would give each other shit and take the piss like real friends. please don't forget that. it's okay to be more silly and less pretentious
  • i wouldn't mind some padding on disk one plots to spend some more time with aeris. i think i mentioned this before, but she was this gateway to a lot of the lore regarding cetra & the promised land etc that we get pretty much cut off from when she dies. give us a more of a peek into that world. possibly some more cool ruins littered around the world? i feel like we knew so little about the cetra in game so it would be nice
  • i don't wanna hear the word genesis. if you have to take vincent out of the game to save us from dirge canon so fucking be it

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Gighee_FF7.png

Wait. Is that a cigarette at the end of its um tail, I'm guessing? Not to mention the little top its wearing. I don't think I've ever really looked at how mad some of these monster designs are.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'd really like them to do something with the PHS in regards to certain events so we can get all of the characters thoughts on something that happened, kind of like when Zack got messages/emails through after chapters in CC, or leading up to an event, I quite liked that touch, it'd be interesting if they did something similar in the remake.

Or, they've done something with FFIV for the DS when you changed your party leader you could get a thought bubble up and you could see what was going through their mind at the time. A really nice example would be it'd be interesting to see Tifa's thoughts throughout the game in relation to things Cloud says or does, or Aerith thoughts when she learns a bit more about the Ancients, just little things like that would be a nice touch and open up hints about the characters stories a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom