• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I realise that's when the fiscal year ends. But "fiscal year 2020" could still mean the year that starts in April 2020, rather than the year that ends there.

I'm just not familiar with the standard terminology for such things.

Yeah the terminology 'Fiscal Year 2020' means from April 2019 to April 2020. So as stated in the snippit, a holiday release for the fiscal year 2020 could only be oct to december 2019.

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
It could be this year, but I’d assume that at the earliest the game could be ready by late 2019. In that case, it’d put them in the same scenario Kingdom Hearts III was in. Every holiday season has a lot of gaming competition. Not sure what all we will see this year, but I’m sure there will be a lot of games.

Of course, it’s possible they’re way further along than we think and that it could release earlier than the holiday season, but I just don’t foresee that.

You’ll get the usual annual Call of Duty, FIFA etc around that time, but I’d hope SE stick to holiday 2019 as it’s the Final Fantasy 7 Remake! It should be able to take on any game

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
There'll be no Rockstar game this holiday either. So unless Cyberpunk ends up being a 2019 release, which I doubt, then FF7 will easily outcompete the rest of the usual annual crap.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
The fact that they said 'look for announcements in the run up to E3' regarding the Q3 issue, makes it seem almost definite to me. What else could they possibly announce at E3 (or just before) that's that big.
The operating income target was nearly 4 times as high as last year's. So 4 times Tomb Raider and Just Cause 4 combined. They dont own anything other than FF7 that's that big.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'm just happy they're acknowledging the idea of saying things BEFORE E3. Because 4 months can feel really, really long at this point when we know there's stuff supposed to be happening this year.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
The fact that they said 'look for announcements in the run up to E3' regarding the Q3 issue, makes it seem almost definite to me. What else could they possibly announce at E3 (or just before) that's that big.
The operating income target was nearly 4 times as high as last year's. So 4 times Tomb Raider and Just Cause 4 combined. They dont own anything other than FF7 that's that big.
It's extremely exciting news for sure - there's been many a false dawn these last few years but they're surely running out of anything else to market, nothing else makes any sense ...

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Well obviously they might have new stuff to announce as well. But they wouldn't be able to predict the revenue on something completely new, because they can't know the public reaction ahead of time. So it must be a known quantity to some extent.
Unless they've just bought the Pokemon company, FF7 is the only thing that fits the bill.

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
I'm just happy they're acknowledging the idea of saying things BEFORE E3. Because 4 months can feel really, really long at this point when we know there's stuff supposed to be happening this year.

They did sort of do something similar last year/end of 2017 though and we got shafted on that.

No marketing excuses this time though hopefully

Reactions: pxp

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
There was that rumor that they were gonna have a special event in April.

The wording in this investors briefing does seem to fit that rumor. It also fits the fact that they do like to build things up a lot before release. June->December would be very short hype period for Squenix.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
There was that rumor that they were gonna have a special event in April.

The wording in this investors briefing does seem to fit that rumor. It also fits the fact that they do like to build things up a lot before release. June->December would be very short hype period for Squenix.
It would also mirror the FFXV Uncovered event in April 2016 and release in November 2016.

But damn, this Uncovered-style event for 7R rumour came from 4chan of all places, I completely dismissed it as absurd ... surely not ...

pxp

Pro Adventurer
I knew 4chan got some stuff right, but only minor things. Did it really accurately predict XV Uncovered in 2016? Damn. Trying very hard to remain edgy and cool myself here.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Not that. 4chan leaked an incredibly detailed explanation of the story for XV a few months before launch. It turned out being about 95% accurate (the 5% was obviously stuff they changed at the last minute due to running out of time).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah the terminology 'Fiscal Year 2020' means from April 2019 to April 2020. So as stated in the snippit, a holiday release for the fiscal year 2020 could only be oct to december 2019.
That's only accurate when worded such as SE did here -- i.e. "FY2019/3," or "Fiscal Year ending March 2019."

Just "FY2019" is going to mean the fiscal year that began in 2019 -- at least as far as Japan is concerned. In the U.S., it's the opposite.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
That's only accurate when worded such as SE did here -- i.e. "FY2019/3," or "Fiscal Year ending March 2019."

Just "FY2019" is going to mean the fiscal year that began in 2019 -- at least as far as Japan is concerned. In the U.S., it's the opposite.

Are most corporate fiscal years (like Square Enix) 1 year ahead of the Japanese fiscal year, or is SE an exception? (in that Fiscal Year 2020 for SE is April 2019 to March 2020, while for Japan/others Fiscal Year 2020 would be April 2020 to March 2021)

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
I guess I'm the only person in here who heavily disliked ffxv lol I tried to have a open mind about the game but there were too many things that were kinda unforgivable to me. Most prominent thing would be that so many important parts were cut out and of course, how Luna was handled. Such a fucking waste of a great character design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom