• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Well, after Jason suggested a new entry for my "The Seven" series, I was thinking of making a pair of threads/articles: things you want to see changed and things you want to see preserved. Just didn't get around to it yet with everything else on my mind.

Anyway: I hope it's good. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Minigames. Snowboarding, G-Bike, you better keep all of them and make them awesome :p

Airship, I wanna fly it.

Uh

fuck i cant think of anything my brain is still overloaded

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I think two of my three biggest ones were already mentioned in the original remake thread but here goes.
  1. The soundtrack. Orchestrated. If done right, holy shit will this ever deliver. And most importantly, even if I'm never able to afford a PS4, I'll still be able to enjoy this.
  2. An appropriate new translation. Obviously they'd better keep in "This guy are sick" but there are a lot of plot points of the original game that a lot of people didn't understand well because... well... the original translation sucked. xD Get Alexander O. Smith or one of those guys to localise the game properly.
  3. If they voice the characters, the voice acting had better be good. This can make or break a game. It generally seems to be agreed that Andrea Bowen was the best Aerith, for example, so it would be cool to have her reprise the role :monster:
I'll probably think of more things tomorrow :monster:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
The scene of Rex XIII's father to be as emotionally devastating as in the original. I'll be honest, not even Aerith's death had such an impact to me...

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
[*]If they voice the characters, the voice acting had better be good. This can make or break a game. It generally seems to be agreed that Andrea Bowen was the best Aerith, for example, so it would be cool to have her reprise the role :monster:[/list]

Oh my god yes... I still remember listening to the cringe inducing voice acting in FFX, FFX-2 and FFXIII (and no I'm not JUST talking about the laughing scene in X and Vanille... just Vanille). That can really kill the immersion.

Also what, you didn't like Mandi Moore's Aerith? :monster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Full materia use, including in depth combinations onto every characters, as well as some new ones introduced to keep it fresh, and a tactical battle system that enables me to control the entire party in some way, even if it's just switching to a different party member on the fly.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I hope that, despite what they depict in this trailer, they remember FFVII isn't a straight modern setting.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
This is my Hope:

cloud__s_first_tsurugi_sword_by_wh1pla5h.jpg

clowd

Pro Adventurer
Simple. Make it better then the original.

In terms of details:

- Scaled down open world (FFXV style) instead of a massively scaled down world map. Limited loading.
- new side quests, some very, very hard.
- new and old weapons
- revamped battle mechanics, no loading screen
- Vincent and Yuffie integrated into the story completely
- Keep Uematsu's original soundtrack for 90% of the game.
- lots and lots of DLC

edit: and make every character playable during gold saucer minigames

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, given that we've seen CGI cutscenes already, I still want them to do their FMV-type moments in full glory and not worry about doing everything in-game. I don't need to be able to play every little moment. Likewise, if this is a framing device, I'd like it to be clear about when and where Advent Children occurs in terms of fitting everything solidly into the Compilation's timeline -- even for people who don't obsess over every little detail like us.

I'm also hoping that we get some really good delivery of how mindfucked Cloud is, and how his memory gets crossed with Zack's persona earlier in the game. The creepy way they delivered those little mental twitchy moments of his always stood out to me in the original game, and I want to see him really struggling with the little illusions of himself still. Aside from the fact that Zack's my favourite, Crisis Core established Zack's story for the Compilation and having the lingering parts of that come through solidly is important. I also hope that they keep the, "return to the basement for the full flashback" scene redone.

On that note, I want to keep the fucked up and terrifying things as such - the blood trail through Hojo's lab, the Midgar Zolom impaled on the tree, faux Nibelheim after the fire, Gi Nattak, etc. Just like the more mature and humorous things like Wall Market & Gold Saucer should stay true to how they were. The fact that the world had such a diverse range of tonal content is important, and I'm also pretty excited that they could deliver on that feeling. As much as I liked Crisis Core, sometimes things felt slightly sterilized despite it still getting into some of the same territory (better than the rest of the Compilation).

I'm also wanting a bunch of the 4th disc type details to make it in to the game itself, as that would give a lot of nods to the original in ways for little bits and pieces of the game that would benefit from being fleshed out. I'm hoping that we get full and glorious versions of all the Summons, complete with warping away cutscene and all -- Supernova included, and Fat Chocobo should be occasional like before.

Insofar as combat is concerned, I want Materia, and I want to be able to customize everyone close to the original. Also, while I yearn for something like turn-based combat, I'm not sure about it in practice. I also want the battles with bosses like Jenova and ESPECIALLY with the Weapons to feel fucking phenomenally epic and be more interactive than how the patterned attacks work with turn-based battle. It'd be fine for normal random encounters, but I want more than that for the fights that matter.

I also want an explanation about what was up with the red Lifestream when Sephiroth was finally defeated.

Oh- and the ability to choose gameplay audio language. I want to be able to play through with both the Japanese and NA voice cast without needing to play different versions. (Because certain things like the end of Crisis Core will NEVER match the Japanese voice acting, and I want to be able to have either when playing through).

That's just off the top of my head.

X :neo:

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
I practically woke my friend up so I could cry all over him, and we've spent like an hour yelling at each other.

Some things we can't wait to see rendered in beautiful animation:
Palmer getting hit by that truck.
Everyone's already laughed about Cloud in drag, but can you imagine what Don Corneo is even going to look like.
Cloud being hurled by a dolphin like 50 ft in the air.
Safer Sephiroth/ Supernova
Cid snowboarding.
The play in the gold saucer.
This guy are sick.

I'm having trouble figuring out how they're even going to deal with gameplay. Considering the turnbased thing, and world maps, are things that are outdated and might look silly. I think they know, though, that if they mess with it too much they will be destroyed by people who look at FFVII as the symbol of when Final Fantasy was still good. I'm interested to see how they will handle these most basic of issues.

They also have a big opportunity to clean everything up. The plot could be cleaned up to be less confusing. The large expository sections of game (in Kalm and in the lifestream, particularly) could for sure be simplified. The ability to shorten summon animations is like necessary. They also have the opportunity to look at the compilation as a whole, and make everything make sense together. Set straight once and for all what is and is not considered cannon, in this franchise full of contradictions.

Also also also. A big personal hope. Since Nojima's involved I hope he gets Evan, Kyrie, and Denzel slipped in there. I hope you can just run into them in Midgar. It doesn't even need to identify them by name, those of us who know will KNOW.

For me personally, Midgar, and the Shinra building, are like, these are things they must not get wrong. These are my life, and my home. Judging by the trailer, they're already doing a great job, and that's why I can't stop CRYING.
Like I would take an entire game of just wandering around Midgar and infiltrating the Shinra building. I would love to explore every sector and floor. I know that's unrealistic but I can DREAM. At the very least, I hope they don't restrict exploration too much. I need to be able to snoop around the library and peeksidoodle in Reeve's locker.
I hope they
I hope they make that one plank of wood between sector 5 and 7 - you know, near the robot hand? - equally as incomprehensible to new players.
Okay I don't really hope for that.
Okay I do.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
I practically woke my friend up so I could cry all over him, and we've spent like an hour yelling at each other.

Some things we can't wait to see rendered in beautiful animation:
Palmer getting hit by that truck.
Everyone's already laughed about Cloud in drag, but can you imagine what Don Corneo is even going to look like.
Cloud being hurled by a dolphin like 50 ft in the air.
Safer Sephiroth/ Supernova
Cid snowboarding.
The play in the gold saucer.

I'm having trouble figuring out how they're even going to deal with gameplay. Considering the turnbased thing, and world maps, are things that are outdated and might look silly. I think they know, though, that if they mess with it too much they will be destroyed by people who look at FFVII as the symbol of when Final Fantasy was still good. I'm interested to see how they will handle these most basic of issues.

They also have a big opportunity to clean everything up. The plot could be cleaned up to be less confusing. The large expository sections of game (in Kalm and in the lifestream, particularly) could for sure be simplified. The ability to shorten summon animations is like necessary. They also have the opportunity to look at the compilation as a whole, and make everything make sense together. Set straight once and for all what is and is not considered cannon, in this franchise full of contradictions.

Also also also. A big personal hope. Since Nojima's involved I hope he gets Evan, Kyrie, and Denzel slipped in there. I hope you can just run into them in Midgar. It doesn't even need to identify them by name, those of us who know will KNOW.

For me personally, Midgar, and the Shinra building, are like, these are things they must not get wrong. These are my life, and my home. Judging by the trailer, they're already doing a great job, and that's why I can't stop CRYING.
Like I would take an entire game of just wandering around Midgar and infiltrating the Shinra building. I would love to explore every sector and floor. I know that's unrealistic but I can DREAM. At the very least, I hope they don't restrict exploration too much. I need to be able to snoop around the library, and peeksidoodle in Reeve's locker. Also, Rufus is my favorite, and just watching him do his dumb inauguration speech and his stupid hair flip is going to delight me no matter what. I can't wait for that.

And I hope they
I hope they make that one plank of wood between sector 5 and 7 - you know, near the Gundam hand? - equally as incomprehensible to new players.
Okay I don't really hope for that.
Okay I do.

Also, This guy are sick.

Cameos for the BC Turks or at least references to them.
Reno voiced by Gary Oldman
sidequests in Midgar
be able to switch Cloud in and out of the party (as in FFXII)
keep the existing battle system (or give us options)
extend the explorable underwater area
don't do anything, not even a hint, that would resolve the LTD once and for all

I really hope they don't feel the need to explain everything.

Fangu

Great Old One
Non-comic relief Reno and Rude.
Basically huge red cross over AC Reno and Rude, replaced with OG Reno and Rude.
Basically Reno and Rude how they should have been in AC.

Red haired Rufus.

omg I can't wait to see the Shinra building holy crap

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Non-comic relief Reno and Rude.
Basically huge red cross over AC Reno and Rude, replaced with OG Reno and Rude.
Basically Reno and Rude how they should have been in AC.

Red haired Rufus.

omg I can't wait to see the Shinra building holy crap

The Turks were used for comic relief quite often though. Usually it was Elena and her naivete, but the scene in Gongaga and Wutai show their more humorous sides.

That said yeah in AC thats all they were. None of the badass Reno I know and love.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I wonder if they'll remake FFVII so that it'll be more cohesive with the expanded universe (more on Zack maybe? Glimpses of what happens afterwards?).

Well, the important thing to me is the gameplay: don't ruin the characters, plot, universe with a bad gameplay please. I want to be able to play with materia like I used to be.

The jokes. Cloud cross-dressing. Barret in a sailor suit. I'm bad, I want it all. Don't take them away to make a super serious remake. FFVII has quite a dark setting, if you think about it, so taking those out would be pretty sad.

A better translation. I think that everyone has that on their "do not mess" list, because once it's done, it'll never be redone.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Easier to play, the reason why I only lasted 4 minutes was I was a kid. 8 years or 9 then, lol. And just all out fun.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
Wall Market. I want visible differences between the cotton, silk and satin dresses. And I want to see that diamond tiara gleam on Cloud's pretty head.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
I am so curious as to how the battle system will work. Are we going to expect FF15 style? Maybe some sort of Bayonetta style fighting (if you consider the fighting in Advent Children) or maybe stick with turn based?

So many questions!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There's no way they go an FFXV direction with it, no way. MAYBE a faster 13-sorta thing? But, really, if they actually intend to get this out by 2017, it would be a lot more time efficient to just polish up the existing battle system and leave it. Maybe they could let you set it between a classic style and different one.

Assuming they leave it, I wonder what sort of things they might do with the materia system? Triple-linked slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom