Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm fairly certain the team refers to Red XIII as "Red" in On the Way to a Smile, so I think they should just go with that. He doesn't give them a real answer originally, so it becomes a nickname and it sticks. But there's no way they say "Thirteen" all the time.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
I hope there's ambient party dialogue. Like when you choose your party and you're wandering around, they comment on the environment or have conversations with each other.

I would like to see that too. It would be great for character development and filling in the odd storyline gap without changing too much of the game. As long as its not just blah blah blahing.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
Do you think Barret will actually tell us NOT to attack Guard Scorpion while it's tail is up this time, or was he trolling us all along?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I'm pretty sure Cloud's the one who says it and that they'll fix it, along with other translation issues like every other thing involving Johnny.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
^I think maybe if it's spoken dialogue it won't be quite as....ambiguous.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Or even just restructuring the sentence as "Don't attack while the tail is up, or it'll counterattack!"

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
Barret! Careful!

Attach while its tail's up!

It's gonna counterattack with its laser!

Always loved that part. Of course, I usually followed the dialogue until I realized they translated it wrong.

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
Another thing I want is when it's over you can return to the map and explore. Oh and online multiplayer chocobo races. That would be epic.

Smaddy

Green Mage
My major points would be:
- Agreed that Vincent & Yuffie become mandatory to recruit
- More sidequests, flesh out existing sidequests
- Improve the Gold Saucer games (but keep Snowboarding)
- Make it so that after the party leader changes for the first time, you can always have whomever you'd like in your party from then on.
- Clarify the story is a major one. The story is fairly confusing if you simply go by the OG. Hopefully this is helped by a new translation.
- Adding in stuff from the Compilation is fine (and probably inevitable), but I certainly hope they don't overdo it. I'd really prefer if most things were left as optional sidequests at various points in the game.
- Make Chocobo breeding a little less grindy. It's fun, but it would wear on after awhile...
- Allow us to skip cutscenes/summon animations
- Make the entire world explorable, don't cut back too much. I want to see everything in HD.

And I really, really like the idea of putting the option to have either English OR Japanese w/subs (+ whichever relevant localized languages). If I enjoy the game, I'd love to play it in English as well as the original Japanese.

As far as censorship changes, I personally wonder if they're going to cut back on certain things (Don, Honeybee Inn, maybe the violence toward Shera). I hope they don't cut too much and stay true to the OG. I don't expect them to have Cid fully dropping f-bombs, but I hope they don't cut back too much on that, either.

To me, it's going to be SO weird having consistent style cinematics without all the errors/ambiguous stuff in them. :P

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I want this in HD:

768009492206862224.gif

But seriously there's so much I would want:
Expanded Gold Saucer, Loveless play (the full thing), more side quests, more locations.
I'd like to see more governments/cultures in the FFVII world.

In the original ShinRa basically ruled the world with Wutai being a single town with like 18 people in it. I know that this was down to the PS1 limitations but I'd like to see different nations, (with Shinra having a dirty hand in all of them.)

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
I wouldn't mind little references to the compilation like finding the ruins of banora. Even if it's just a walk past and "I wonder what happened here" type thing or meeting an NPC who used to live there. "I knew a man who had a sword like that" maybe

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
How the remake destroyed my hopes

Hi, I'm new here-Tashasaurous: Aka-you can call me Tash. My best friend and sister do.

I'm rather, and I don't mean to say this, disappointed, and the whole thing to feels strongly like a reboot to the entire thing, and I do not think they'll add anything from the Compilation of the prequel or sequel titles, which means that any hope and chances of one last sequel set after Dirge of Cerberus and seeing the Turks again that sequel, explaining their and Rufus's absence in DOC will never happen, and I'm one of those people who hate cliff-hangers.

I also wanted a full remake of Before Crisis too, but that's not happening either.

Oh well, I can't always get what I want.:'(

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
If this sells like I think it will sell square will remake and expand on everythin because it's a guarenteed cash cow. The only reason it won't is if they fuck this remake up. Which is a possibility tbf..

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Hi, I'm new here-Tashasaurous: Aka-you can call me Tash. My best friend and sister do.

I'm rather, and I don't mean to say this, disappointed, and the whole thing to feels strongly like a reboot to the entire thing, and I do not think they'll add anything from the Compilation of the prequel or sequel titles, which means that any hope and chances of one last sequel set after Dirge of Cerberus and seeing the Turks again that sequel, explaining their and Rufus's absence in DOC will never happen, and I'm one of those people who hate cliff-hangers.

I also wanted a full remake of Before Crisis too, but that's not happening either.

Turks and Rufus' absence in DoC doesn't need explaining. The only reason they had a role in AC is because Kadaj targetted them, and Cloud wasn't taking the initiative to take them down. Neither are an issue wih deeoground. Rufus has no reason to put their lives forward in a fight that plenty are fighting as is, it wouldn't be prudent.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
It would've been nice to at least know if Tseng, Reno, Rude and Elena are still alive and what they were doing during the Deepground crisis. I know that Cloud and Tifa have taken Marlene and Denzel to safety since they, Barret, and Yuffie joined with Vincent, while Nanaki decided to stay behind to protect Cosmo Canyon.

I know that Rufus was funding it, but the whereabouts still leave me cold. Not to mention what Genesis planned on doing with Weiss's body since he called him his brother in the secret ending.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
I know that Rufus was funding it, but the whereabouts still leave me cold. Not to mention what Genesis planned on doing with Weiss's body since he called him his brother in the secret ending.
Yooo, I always found Dirge to be incredibly insufficient as "the final chapter in this tale of life." Advent Children and On the Way to a Smile are much more effective as an epilogue. Was very disappointing that DoC is supposed to take place after it, but we don't get to check in with all our friends again. It's like this little, 12 hour side story, with a very narrow, limited view. Which, would be fine if we weren't STARVED for new content all the time.

I'm salty about not being able to hear more about what Rufus is up to, too. Why is he funding the WRO? Was Reeve projecting, assuming Rufus wanted to repent for what his father did to the planet? Does Rufus have some ulterior motive? I mean he usually does. I WANNA KNOW.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes

SE will really want to squeeze every last drop out of the assets they are creating for this. I have no doubts that we will see Crisis Core integrated, either as playable flashbacks or as a DLC add-on, and Advent Children I can easily see as future DLC content. The only question mark I have is whether DOC can be integrated somehow, but I just can't see it at the moment.

After that, yeah, there will be a sequel.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
This has probably already been said, but I want ALLLLL the NPC's to be included, especially:

The punk guy who spits and swears outside Honeybee Inn
The lovey dovey couple at the station
THE SHINRA MANAGER
Reeves Parents
The guys in Fort Condor -especially the guy who has his head in his hands all the time
Mukki and his Crew
Dio
Esther
Joe
Mr Coates
Mr Holzoff
Chocobo Sage
The Weapons Seller
Hojo's 'babes'
CLOUD'S FUCKING MOTHER
The Shinra Submarine crew
The gamblers (with Rude!)
All the Ghost Hotel people
The Event Square play actors
Johnny and His GF

And any others that I have probably forgotten right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom