Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Yes!! How about while you're in disguise as a Shinra soldier?? "Come on rookie, do a shot with me!" {Dialogue choice 1 "But...we're on duty...} {Dialogue choice 2 "Off course!!} (Two F's required)

And I also think you're going in the right direction as far as theoretical Turks sidequests go...I could totally see something like that, especially since Elena is always screwing up!

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Yes!! How about while you're in disguise as a Shinra soldier?? "Come on rookie, do a shot with me!" {Dialogue choice 1 "But...we're on duty...} {Dialogue choice 2 "Off course!!} (Two F's required)

Oh god... I'm at work right now and trying so hard not to laugh at that. That would be truly awesome. I picture the cutscene for winning the contest as being Reno passing out drunk off his ass on the floor and Rude just shaking his head and hauling him out of the bar over his shoulder to sleep it off.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
They're definitely not test tube clones; otherwise they'd look like Sephiroth. The word "clone" in FFVII's translation has an unconventional meaning, which is one of the many things I dislike about the translation.
this is where the compilation weirded things up, because in the original game 'clone/copy' doesn't mean physically looking like sephiroth. but in crisis core the genesis copies look like genesis.

in the ultimania omega's list of known sephiroth copies nanaki is listed as number 13. he just doesn't succumb to the influence of the reunion.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'd like to see what the redesign of the Cetra Spirits you encounter in Temple of the Ancients are going to look like because they sort of look like little purple blobs with beards in hats in the original game, given who they are I think it looks a little ridiculous. I'm not saying they have to look majestic or anything like that, just less blob like.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^^^ Are you talking about these guys?
NPC-ffvii-templeguard.png

They look kind of like mages. ^.^

Lex

Administrator
Actually I'm looking forward to seeing what they make of those guys too. What do we actually know about them?

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@howl: yup that's them and they look like mages from that angle, I'd say they were a nod to the Black Mage class given they have yellow glowing eyes and stuff, but from the in game angle during the playthrough they look more like blobs, you never really get a chance to see a close up of them, although the Chocobo Sage looks very similar to them if I remember correctly.

@Lex: Very little I guess, Aerith mentions something along the lines of them being spirits and that they can't speak or anything like that but she's able to communicate with them, there's not much mentioned about them.

There's so much we don't know about the Ancients/Cetra in the game that I really hope gets expanded upon because for a race that sealed Jenova Away, has the power to call Holy and in Shinra's eyes is so important for them getting to the Promised Land we're pretty lost when it comes to info.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
They definitely did not look like mages in the game. Or maybe that might have had something to do with my 12" screen. I couldn't tell a Mage from Bugenhagens floaty ball thing that he bounced on :monster:

Last edited:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^^^ I forgot all about old tvs. I remember when I was a little kid, our tv had knobs on it. And we had a hanger taped onto our antenna as if it made a difference. XD

Smaddy

Green Mage
I certainly hope they clarify the "clone" thing and use a different term. That is a huuuge misconception among casual/first time players. You have to do a little digging to realize they're not clones in a literal sense, just that they are connected by Jenova cells/Hojo's experimentation.

Speaking of those spirits in the Temple of the Ancients, this reminds me that there are glowing stones in the doorways of the shell buildings in the City of the Ancients. Some of them do nothing, but a few if you press [OK] next to them, Cloud reacts to them. I always wondered if it was something that meant nothing, if it was something that was cut due to constraints, or something to make you react in a way where you miss Aeris more.

I'm curious to see if any of the mysterious/outlying items from FF7 get touched or added -- like that one cave you cant reach, but there is a vine there like you should be able to.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
The glowing stones in the City of the Ancients buildings, if I remember correctly he says something like "*pause*.....No, I can't make it out". I always thought they were supposed to be like, messages the ancients had "recorded", but that like hieroglyphs in a language you can't read, a normal human mind couldn't process/interpret. Almost like a voicemail directly into your brain, but in Cloud's case, it just gave him a headache.

All this talk about the Ancients/Temple of the Ancients is making me think, though...what ABOUT the Temple of the Ancients?? I mean, I'm sure it's gonna look amazing, it did in the original game, but so much of that ultra-trippy M.C. Escher effect was based around the fact of having a defined (r.e. pre-rendered) path to move on, and being unable to separate it from the background. I wonder how they'll accomplish it this time?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I wonder if they're gonna catch the continuity error where Diamond Weapon attacks MIdgar in daylight but everytime the scene cuts to MIdgar it's night. :awesome:

Smaddy

Green Mage
I wonder if they're gonna catch the continuity error where Diamond Weapon attacks MIdgar in daylight but everytime the scene cuts to MIdgar it's night. :awesome:

All of the continuity errors being fixed will be so weird! I'm still freaking out that chibiCloud will be replaced with a very realistic Cloud. :lol:

Lex

Administrator
The glowing stones in the City of the Ancients buildings, if I remember correctly he says something like "*pause*.....No, I can't make it out". I always thought they were supposed to be like, messages the ancients had "recorded", but that like hieroglyphs in a language you can't read, a normal human mind couldn't process/interpret. Almost like a voicemail directly into your brain, but in Cloud's case, it just gave him a headache.l

To this day I'm fascinated by the mystery of those glowing stones in the houses. That's a little bit of extra weirdness I always loved.

Is that a continuity error? Don't they kind of make it look like dusk? I know it's dusk-like in that one 2D transition screen. In the remake I imagine they'll either have the whole thing take place at night or just have it happening in the evening and by the time the fight's over the sun is set. The return to Midgar moment would be weird if it was too light.

Omg, the parachuting from the Highwind into Midgar. In HD. HNNNNNG.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Is that a continuity error? Don't they kind of make it look like dusk?

Yeah but it switches back and forth between Weapon and Midgar, and Weapon is always dusk, Midgar always night. :lol:
It switches back and forth between two different times of day and it's just so weird.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Midgar is just not meant to be seen during the day it...just ain't right. I know it's because we spend 98% of our time under the plate where it IS permanet night, but. Except, of course, for Aeris' inexplicably lush and sunny yard. Wonder if they'll keep that, actually?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
The sunlight getting into the church and Aerith's yard could be explained by a gap in the plate, also explaining why rain could get into the church at the end of CC. However, I don't think that justification would work for the flashback to when Tifa finds Cloud at the train station, which also has rain.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yeah but it switches back and forth between Weapon and Midgar, and Weapon is always dusk, Midgar always night. :lol:
It switches back and forth between two different times of day and it's just so weird.

I always thought Midgar was meant to be smothered in darkness because when you walk by on the world map, it always darkens on the screen and the city is in this very noticeable cloud of gloom.

But not just that error, will they fix the location of it all? When fired it goes right through and supposedly to the Northern Crater, which, if flown on airship, is off considerably :wacky:

in the ultimania omega's list of known sephiroth copies nanaki is listed as number 13. he just doesn't succumb to the influence of the reunion.
wait what

Are you saying Nanaki actually has Jenova/S cells in him? I always assumed that the tattoo number had nothing to do with the Reunion. If he was part of the Reunion experiment then it is extra odd that this character profile from the 10th Anniversary Ultimania mentions nothing of it. =/

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
wait what

Are you saying Nanaki actually has Jenova/S cells in him? I always assumed that the tattoo number had nothing to do with the Reunion. If he was part of the Reunion experiment then it is extra odd that this character profile from the 10th Anniversary Ultimania mentions nothing of it. =/
this was from the ultimania omega so it's possible that some of it has been changed, i guess

but on page 213 they give a list of all copies whose numbers we know, which for number 13 says "(red xiii)" in brackets:
http://i.imgur.com/jBJcySX.jpg

on page 35 (red's time line of events) it refers to the figures in black cloaks as 'those who have undergone the same experiences as him' (自分と同じ実験を受けた者たち) but that in the end he isn't influenced by the reunion (結果的に彼はリユニオンの影響を受けずにすむ).
http://i.imgur.com/jEZFVxj.jpg

I hope then that the remake or some future guide book makes it clear that Nanaki was not part of any experiments related to Jenova.

The sunlight getting into the church and Aerith's yard could be explained by a gap in the plate, also explaining why rain could get into the church at the end of CC. However, I don't think that justification would work for the flashback to when Tifa finds Cloud at the train station, which also has rain.

Maybe it's not rain. Maybe the sewage system in the upper plate is malfunctioning.

Upper Midgar literally shits on the slums.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
That ain't rain in AC, it's Great Gospel.

Meteorfall did sort of fuck up the plate tho.

Last edited:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha

Storm run-off from the plate above? I mean they must have a sewer system up there, and directing all water flow from the center of the plate out to the edge would be a nightmare. Easier to just dump it straight into the slums. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom