Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There's definitely a gap above the church, Cloud fell down from the connecting bridge in front of reactor 5 straight into the roof.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I would think it wouldn't be too unrealistic to expect a few gaps here and there in the plate, the new trailer seemed to suggest that anyways so I'd say there's definitely be some natural light in certain areas of the Slums.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
Aeris does say that the church is the only place in the slums where flowers will grow, but then you go to her house and there's a whole dang garden. I'd assumed that her house was right on the edge of Midgar.

I was just playing the OG and was reminded of something: I hope that Tifa and Scarlet's little cat fight is amended so that Scarlet slaps Tifa and then Tifa roundhouse kicks Scarlet's smug ass off the Sister Ray.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I was just playing the OG and was reminded of something: I hope that Tifa and Scarlet's little cat fight is amended so that Scarlet slaps Tifa and then Tifa roundhouse kicks Scarlet's smug ass off the Sister Ray.

Maybe they'll give you multi-choice options for what move she'll make in return. Press X for a roundhouse kick, O for a punch to the face... :awesome:

lentils on lent

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I've been thinking about how to fix plot holes, but there is one I can't get my head around.

Shinra wants Avalanche dead.
Shinra knows their names and what they look like.
they could broadcast their faces and put a million gil price on their heads, but instead "hey let's destroy an entire eighth of the city to crush them LOL"

At no point is the public informed of what Cloud and the rest of Avalanche look like. Even employees in the Shinra building and members SOLDIER (like the squad leader who mistakes Cloud for part of the parade) don't know who you are. The story of the whole game depends on this farce.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I have no explanation for the lack of recognition, considering people have been sent after Zack and Cloud while they were on the run. However, there's a good chance Shinra dropped the plate for reasons beyond just getting rid of AVALANCHE. The whole thing served to discourage further rebellion from other would-be terrorists, as well as getting rid of potential AVALANCHE supporters where their base was located. They've already been shown to be willing to condemn entire towns just to get rid of potential opposition or word spreading about something they want to keep hidden, as with Corel and Nibelheim.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
I've been thinking about how to fix plot holes, but there is one I can't get my head around.

Shinra wants Avalanche dead.
Shinra knows their names and what they look like.
they could broadcast their faces and put a million gil price on their heads, but instead "hey let's destroy an entire eighth of the city to crush them LOL"
Tbf. . . we don't know that they have any pictures of Avalanche to distribute.
Though President Shinra could've just snapped cell phone pics of them outside the sector 5 reactor LOL

The thing that doesn't seem quite right about the plate drop, to me, is that it displays such an incredible level of incompetency that I can't wrap my head around how President Shinra ever built such a large and powerful corporation. Destroying 1/8 of the city, with no intention to repair it, in order to maybe stop 6 dudes with a few bombs, seems like an attempt to fix a small problem by creating a massive problem. I can't wrap my head around how someone who carelessly makes such destructive decisions could have created an empire.
Maybe we just caught President Shinra in the midst of a mid-life crisis. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mangakamary

Rookie Adventurer
To me Nomura has the tendency to insert romance into his stories...so maybe we will see an ending to Clouds romance with Tifa or Aerith? I mean they did say the remake of ffvii means that they will be ending it all together. One thing I know a lot of fans talk about is the love line Cloud has..so hopefully if it's really that important then Tetsuya will do something with the relationship..although I do like the game more without romance lol

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Not unless it ends in Clerith, because otherwise he's going to have hordes of angry fangirls at his door. :monster:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
It can't end with Clerith, since Aerith dies in disc 1. It'd be unreasonable to want Cloud to pine after Aerith and never move on with his life just for the sake of shipping. Even widows move on and sometimes pursue other relationships after they've mourned the loss of their spouse and this is assuming Cloud and Aerith's relationship went beyond platonic. If the OG really did only last around 1-2 months, that's not a lot of time to get all that far into a relationship anyway, considering that means Aerith's probably only around for about 2-6 weeks.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
It can't end with Clerith, since Aerith dies in disc 1. It'd be unreasonable to want Cloud to pine after Aerith and never move on with his life just for the sake of shipping.

And yet pining and moping is all he does in AC. :monster:

It would be nice if Zack's parents learn what happened to him.

It makes me so sad that you can't tell them. They've been waiting for so long. They deserve closure :( Even if it's just a short scene of Cloud introducing himself to the Fairs and presenting them with Zack's sword post-game.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
And yet pining and moping is all he does in AC. :monster:

Which is the main reason so many people were mad about it. Anyway, it wasn't so much pining as drowning in guilt about not just Aerith's death but Zack's too, as well as some other stuff. The movie made a point of very definitely resolving those issues by the end. I think he's done moping by the halfway point of the movie, in fact. There's also how Zack and Aerith seem to have gotten back together after her death.

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
It makes me so sad that you can't tell them. They've been waiting for so long. They deserve closure :( Even if it's just a short scene of Cloud introducing himself to the Fairs and presenting them with Zack's sword post-game.

That would make an epic final scene. Cloud going to zack's parents to give them the buster sword and they all go and stick it in his grave. Be a good way to find out about how he got his fusion sword too.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I don't have one. I tried to bleach it from my mind. :closedmonster: I'm sure someone else here does though :wackymonster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom