• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I like that idea too, and I agree about Cindy's design. That outfit doesn't look safe for a mechanic; pretty sure they put her in it to make her look sexy.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I can accept designs for sexiness up to a certain point, before it feels like the character is being objectified. I can also live with outfit designs being non-functional as long as they look cool, though I prefer ones that look practical in some way as it relates to the situation or what the character does.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Cloud in drag is something I really want to see. :awesome: Not to mention Tifa's face when she sees him like that.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Just think, millions of fans lining up to the buy the game, all just to see that scene...

But seriously, it's got to be on every fan's mind.

Wimbly

Garden Festival Retiree
Not sure if its been mentioned yet, sorry if it has, but I'm looking forward seeing how they handle being inside Cloud's mind whilst in the lifestream. Exploring his memories in HD should be amazing.

Wimbly

Garden Festival Retiree
I wonder what models we will get when facing Jenova throughout the story. Obviously its not going to be just recoloured models like the OG so I assume there'll be different models for each?

Weren't they all named as body parts? Perhaps they'll start off as an arm or something and then mutate into something..

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Weren't they all named as body parts? Perhaps they'll start off as an arm or something and then mutate into something..

They were Jenova: BIRTH, Jenova: LIFE, Jenova: DEATH, and Jenova: SYNTHESIS.

I'm a little curious on that too... especially since I have never been entirely clear on what exactly they were supposed to look like. She always kind of reminded me of a coral colony, I have no idea if that's what they were actually going for.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Not sure if its been mentioned yet, sorry if it has, but I'm looking forward seeing how they handle being inside Cloud's mind whilst in the lifestream. Exploring his memories in HD should be amazing.
This could be very interesting indeed - the devs have the opportunity to get really creative. I wonder about seeing this chapter with the kind of distorted reality reminiscent of dreamstate.

Wimbly

Garden Festival Retiree
They were Jenova: BIRTH, Jenova: LIFE, Jenova: DEATH, and Jenova: SYNTHESIS.

I'm a little curious on that too... especially since I have never been entirely clear on what exactly they were supposed to look like. She always kind of reminded me of a coral colony, I have no idea if that's what they were actually going for.

I could've sworn after the first battle against Jenova on the boat Cloud says something like 'that was Jenovas arm'? Might be me dreaming that up though..

Wimbly

Garden Festival Retiree
This could be very interesting indeed - the devs have the opportunity to get really creative. I wonder about seeing this chapter with the kind of distorted reality reminiscent of dreamstate.

I agree those scenes have a lot of potential. So what is dreamstate and how would it work? Sounds brilliant for that portion of the game!

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I agree those scenes have a lot of potential. So what is dreamstate and how would it work? Sounds brilliant for that portion of the game!
I don't have a very precise picture of how it would work, however I could certainly point to some sources of inspiration. Some video games have displayed some good examples of nightmarish or hallucinating situations (encountering Scarecrow in Batman games, hallucinations in Uncharted 3, nightmares in many survival/horror games), but few non-nightmare cases. My favorite example for the situation would be the movie "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"; in fact Tifa's journey in Cloud's mind would be a sort of reversal of what's going on in that movie.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
I could've sworn after the first battle against Jenova on the boat Cloud says something like 'that was Jenovas arm'? Might be me dreaming that up though..
After they beat Jenova BIRTH and exit the battle, there's just a lil Jenova arm wiggling around on the floor. Sephiroth has the ability to project his image on and control anything weak-willed and containing Jenova cells. Including Jenova's actual body. After the body of Jenova "breaks out" of the Shinra building, and before you find the real body of Sephiroth suspended and recovering in the north crater, any time you encounter Sephiroth around the world, it's actually a lil piece of Jenova's body, being piloted remotely.

How in the world these little bits of corpse turn into giant monsters and attack the party is a dang mystery, that kind of has to just be dismissed as "it's a video game, big bosses are cool, role w/ it."

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
They should consult the movie 'Inception' for the part where you're wandering through Cloud's mind. Especially like the part where the city folds on top of itself.

Wimbly

Garden Festival Retiree
"Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"

One of my favorite movies. That is such a good example actually, it could be fantastic if they take a similar route.

Wimbly

Garden Festival Retiree
After they beat Jenova BIRTH and exit the battle, there's just a lil Jenova arm wiggling around on the floor. Sephiroth has the ability to project his image on and control anything weak-willed and containing Jenova cells. Including Jenova's actual body. After the body of Jenova "breaks out" of the Shinra building, and before you find the real body of Sephiroth suspended and recovering in the north crater, any time you encounter Sephiroth around the world, it's actually a lil piece of Jenova's body, being piloted remotely.

How in the world these little bits of corpse turn into giant monsters and attack the party is a dang mystery, that kind of has to just be dismissed as "it's a video game, big bosses are cool, role w/ it."

Yeah I knew it was Jenova being controlled or summoned by Sephiroth throughout all those battles, its almost as if she is leaving parts of herself behind or something.

Wimbly

Garden Festival Retiree
Rewatching those scenes on youtube reminded me how deep they are. Exploring your own childhood and reliving painful memories from deep in your past as if you were there, no wonder Cloud is so damaged. Its also good because you see the pure, original 'unjenovafied' Cloud almost kill Sephiroth twice, proving how powerful Cloud actually is. Amazing ideas.

These scenes are arguably the most important in the game. I think they'll do some great stuff with them.

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
I really hope they stick to the original and have cloud throw him in. Sephiroth throwing himself in was stupid. Love that scene though. Reminds me of a quote from batman "the technique is nothing. Will is everything."

Pixel

The Pixie King
Sounds stupid, but the thing i'm most looking forward to is getting new renders of the characters. I loved when something new was released for compilation titles, like those candid photo style renders.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
They already retconned LO's "Sephiroth jumped in" version of the event so they've definitely learned from that. What I'm wondering is which version of Zack's death they'll go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom