• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
Actually, it would be quite good if you got to see what happens when everyone bar Cloud and Tifa go off before the final fight. Even if they're just optional or whatever.

I didn't realize how much I wanted this until now :monster: I mean it's not too difficult to infer where most of the party members go, but they're all important characters in this story and it would be nice to see it.

Barret, I'm certain, would see Marlene, and we could see Elmyra there.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Even better, what if you got to control the characters as they went to these places? Just spots where you only have them in the party and whatnot, maybe even optional extra character-related stuff you can find if you look hard enough.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That would be so perfect.

I just imagined controlling Barret having father/daughter time with Marlene. That would be so adorable. <3

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I'm hoping to explore areas in Midgar that haven't been seen. Also, I'd like to see flashbacks of Shinra's attempt to cover up the Nibelheim Incident.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
A thought I just had, if CC events are still going to be canon history for the Remake, or at least most of them, will we get to hear any mention of Aerith's 89 letters to Zack? Maybe it doesn't have any meaning for the Remake or events in the og, but I just wonder. If they have more moments of 'Zack' stuff in the Remake (flashbacks, bakcstory, ect), then it could possibly be mentioned.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
lol yeah it would be cool to see Aeriths increasingly pissy letters. But iirc Tseng was meant to have destroyed them?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I think he did it after Zack had died, or something. I don't think he was intentionally keeping them from Zack, just that he never had the chance to give them to him.

I think :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I don't remember hearing about him burning the letters. Only place I can think of it being mentioned would be in Before Crisis, the cell phone game no one outside of Japan got to play. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
We see the box of letters on Tseng's desk briefly around the end of CC.

Yeah, when he was phoning in the others telling them to take Zack alive. I feel like afterwards, Tseng would still keep the letters. I'm positive he ended up caring about both Zack and Aerith, and would probably keep the letters stored away somewhere, not telling Aerith because of his guilt at being unable to fulfill her wishes.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I hope there's a medical explanation behind Yuffie's motion sickness...or better yet, explaining why she DOESN'T get it in the Submarine, the Train, or the Space Ship. I put her in my party all the time during the Huge Materia quests just because I know all about her obsession with those colorful orbs, and not once did she show any signs of motion sickness while in those vehicles.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
We see the box of letters on Tseng's desk briefly around the end of CC.

Yeah, when he was phoning in the others telling them to take Zack alive. I feel like afterwards, Tseng would still keep the letters. I'm positive he ended up caring about both Zack and Aerith, and would probably keep the letters stored away somewhere, not telling Aerith because of his guilt at being unable to fulfill her wishes.

Yeah, poor Tseng had it tough since Zack and Cloud were forced to be used for Hojo's disgusting experiments, and on top of that, was forced to take Veld's place after Veld found out that his daughter was still alive.

But he had been trained to keep his emotions in check and would not allow anyone to see him upset or feeling the guilt in his heart.

I'm hoping Zack, Genesis and the Turks who went into hiding are at least briefly mentioned in the remake, but I doubt that'll happen.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I would love to see more Zack :monster: More expo about him and Aerith's relationship in particular would be great.

In fact I'd love to see more of the Compilation, period.

Like Genesis, I don't want him in Cloud's Nibelheim flashback, but I'd like to have him mentioned by NPCs or referenced. Guy was famous for years, then he launched a war and attacked Midgar with soldiers that all had his face. Someone must remember something, even if Shinra blamed the attacks on Wutai or some other force.

But seriously, I'm not too worried about Sqex ignoring the Compilation. They put too much time and money into it to not draw from it for the remake.

All the Compilation entries so far are tied into each other in some way. My suspicion is that they're remaking FF7 in order to connect it better with the Compilation, then finishing the story they set up with Genesis.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I know this has already been said back and forth a bagillion times, and it seems to be one of those things where you either feel one way or the other irretrievably. But I still feel bringing in all that Compilation craziness into the main game--ESPECIALLY key villains other than Sephiroth/Jenova, as the reveal is already so based on 'war against the shinra' mutating into 'war against Sephiroth'--would just muddy the waters beyond repair. I'm fine with them continuing it and all that jazz, but I just think, separate but equal. But it does seem like a lot of you guys are just asking for a nod, and...I guess I could tolerate that ; )

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I think they need to be careful with the nods,enough to know they're in the same world without being distracting. BC needlessly inserted a Turk into a key moment in every FF7 party member's backstory, and on the whole I think that took away from the game.

micknutson9

Pro Adventurer
This might be a bit off-topic or not, but... I'm wondering, if at all, that the developers would decide to make some of the females, especially some of the lead female characters bi-curious. Maybe throw in a couple of lesbians? A time of change, perhaps? Especially in this day of age anyway.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
This might be a bit off-topic or not, but... I'm wondering, if at all, that the developers would decide to make some of the females, especially some of the lead female characters bi-curious. Maybe throw in a couple of lesbians? A time of change, perhaps? Especially in this day of age anyway.

I'd have no problem with there being lesbian NPC's, or even some already established NPC's from the og being fleshed out a bit more to be lesbian or bi, but I would have a problem with them altering Tifa, Aerith, or Yuffie to suddenly be bi, especially just for the sake of the 'times'. Changing the main characters in any sort of major way like that, rather than just adding more to them, wouldn't be something I'd like.
Now if that was SE's original intentions for one of the three, but they didn't include it in the og or really show it (for various reasons), then I'd have no problem. But the fact that it isn't (I think it would've been found out by now if it was)...yeah, I wouldn't like that. I don't like the idea of them altering the main characters for the sake of times. >_>

micknutson9

Pro Adventurer
Now if that was SE's original intentions for one of the three, but they didn't include it in the og or really show it (for various reasons), then I'd have no problem.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said some of the main females, either one or two (preferably one) but it didn't QUITE come out right. Sorry for the confusion.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer

IMO that would depend on how they present it. Like if RM!Yuffie has a romance going on back in Wutai and it winds up taking significant screentime with little-to-no character development of the girlfriend just so Sqex can say "Haaay, LGBT characters :awesome:"?

Then no, I'd rather not. :monster:

I'd imagine maybe something more like the party is travelling across literal continents, so aside from fighting monsters, the fuck else are they going to do besides talk. (which I would pay obscene amounts of money to see in any context, ngl) So like at one point on the Tiny Bronco or something the conversation veers to relationships or dating or whatever and one of the girls mentions/talks about another pretty girl they liked/dated in the past?

Sure, I'd buy it. Even if it wasn't an original plan for the character. For that matter, having it be one of the guys would also be fine with me.

This isn't to say I wouldn't want something more explicit but since this is a remake involving established characters I'd hesitate to accept big background changes for the main cast. Mostly because I don't want them to fuck it up. :awesomonster: So it really would come down to how well they'd do it. Of course, aside from some key events we don't know much about most of the party members' pasts, so there's that.

Also LGBT NPCs totally need to happen regardless.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA

^why just the females? Why not the males? Why stop there? Why not make Sephiroth a woman? Why not make Cloud and 89 year old blind man in a wheelchair? :monster:

Seriously though, it isn't really relevant to the plot if any of the women or men are bi curious or whatever. How would you even include that - in an existing story, without it being shoehorned in and sticking out like a sore thumb.

The only people who's romantic interests influence the plot are Cloud, Tifa and Aeris, does it make any sense to muddy the waters (any more than they are already)?

I'm not saying that they shouldn't put gay/bi/etc characters into final fantasy games, just that this story is what it is already, and I think it would change the dynamics between the characters. Cloud, Tifa and Aeris anyway.

I'm not gay, but if I was gay I think I'd prefer a new story with gay characters that haven't been tacked on at the last minute.

Also LGBT NPCs totally need to happen regardless.

We already have those.

Most of NPCs are people Cloud and Co. interact with in a fairly casual way. For myself, I am rarely if ever aware of the sexual orientation of people I interact with casually on a day to day basis. I'm not even 100% sure of the sexual orientation of all the people I work with (nor do I ever spend much time wondering about it. I don't just assume that because someone is with a partner of the opposite sex, they must be straight. They could be bi.).

Anyway - For all we know, the game is already full of LGBT people whose sexual orientation just didn't happen to arise in the brief course of their interaction with Cloud. Like, what about those two Shinra guards down in the corner of the Sector 7 pillar? They could easily be partners.

That said, would it hurt to turn the two lovers on the train into two men or two women? Maybe it would - because then people might assume that the reason they killed themselves was because of homophobia. That would certainly be world-building, but perhaps not the kind of world-building we want.

I'm just trying to think of existing NPCs who could be made explicitly LGBT without either sending a problematic message (like Mukki and co) or, as Octo said, sticking out like a sore thumb.

Of course, with the wonderful graphics now available it would always be possible to show figures in a crowd holding hands, making out etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom