• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@ the ladies being bi:

Tifa and Aerith no, but are we really given enough to go on for Yuffie? :monster:

I also have a personal head canon going that Scarlet is a lesbian. :P

But I agree in that if SE did go this route with a more major character they would have to put a lot of thought into it, otherwise they could come off as completely disingenuous.

As for the guys we did touch on that topic a little bit in the Mukki Jacuzzi thread.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yuffie can date Cloud, and kisses him iirc. I mean she could still be bi I suppose, but I get the impression with Yuffie that she's more interested in materia than relationships :monster:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
On the whole I think having more women without romantic plotlines of any kind is a good thing to have in itself.

Maybe I'm overexposed to shippers, but throwing in a romance just to have one would probably jar unless done very carefully.

Like, what about those two Shinra guards down in the corner of the Sector 7 pillar? They could easily be partners.

Are they necessarily the same gender?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yuffie can date Cloud, and kisses him iirc. I mean she could still be bi I suppose, but I get the impression with Yuffie that she's more interested in materia than relationships :monster:

Yeah and it's awkward. That's one pairing that squicks me out. :closedmonster:

But I do ship Yuffie/Materia, yes. :monster:

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
So I was thinking and suddenly remembered :awesome: that we already have some potential bi-ness via the Cloud/Barret date. The OG date is kind of played for laughs and is hard to get but

BUT

What if depending on how high the affection level is (and not just for Barret, but all of them) the dates themselves are different? Like on the Barret date, having the affection value reach a certain threshold could have him and Cloud participate in the play, and/or generally have a more serious tone. Or on the Yuffie date, maybe she doesn't kiss Cloud unless her affection value is high enough. Having some trouble coming up with examples for differences on Tifa and Aerith but y'all get my point I hope :monster:

How the affection values are affected (by events, dialog, parties, etc) would probs have to be overhauled for something like this but it could be interesting. And perhaps they could all start out at fairer values for the RM so it isn't so difficult to get Yuffie or Barret.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I liked the system in Xenoblade Chronicles, it even had little conversations you could see between characters once they liked each other enough.

micknutson9

Pro Adventurer
I liked the system in Xenoblade Chronicles, it even had little conversations you could see between characters once they liked each other enough.

Can't it be more similar to the Star Ocean system instead? Some of those scenarios, depending on what choice you select and the resulting outcome, are extremely hilarious, lol!

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I'm not familiar with Star Ocean and I'm sure there are other examples worth bringing up. I simply wanted to mention one I knew about.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I would very much enjoy Dragon Age-style party banter in the remake. FFXIII, XV Duscae, and other recent games toy with such things, so I think there are decent odds of it happening.

Yeah and it's awkward. That's one pairing that squicks me out. :closedmonster:

No reason that it should from the Japanese perspective. It's interesting to me that with as much cultural sensitivity everyone espouses, for some reason our no more or less arbitrary legal age of 18 we all take as an objective truth. (And Japan definitely crosses some more cut and dry lines in their media on occasion, but this scene is pretty benign.)

Which is not to say I ship Cloud and Yuffie, I most certainly do not. It's just funny that, amongst fictional characters in a game from a foreign country, that her kissing him in FF7 is squicky but if she did so in Advent Children (where she is 18 and he is 23) it would be totally fine. Or, put another way, scores of people willingly ship YuffiexVincent when she is 19 and he is upwards of 50 but her giving Cloud a peck on the cheek when she's 16 and he's 21 is a bridge too far.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
You know, if you discount the 5 years Cloud was out of it, then Cloud could technically be counted as Yuffie's age. The reason why not as many people get bothered by Yuffie/Vincent is because different standards are applied to unaging characters.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
No. Yuffie kissing Cloud in AC wouldn't be any better.

Like, there are people who legit ship them and I just can't. :monster:

I'm actually not as bothered by Yuffintine, funnily enough.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No. Yuffie kissing Cloud in AC wouldn't be any better.

Like, there are people who legit ship them and I just can't. :monster:

I'm actually not as bothered by Yuffintine, funnily enough.

...so, this is to be about personality then, not age, right?

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yes. I never said age was a factor. It's not like Cloud is really that many years older than her anyway. :P

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
You know, if you discount the 5 years Cloud was out of it, then Cloud could technically be counted as Yuffie's age. The reason why not as many people get bothered by Yuffie/Vincent is because different standards are applied to unaging characters.

Doesn't make sense to me. Vincent was already 27, closer to Cid in age then Cloud when he went into the coffin. And then stayed there until the party came along. I get vampires and whatnot that lived for so long and have watched everyone grow old and die that it's all relative but Vincent's hardly an example of that yet.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
I would love to see more Zack :monster: More expo about him and Aerith's relationship in particular would be great.

In fact I'd love to see more of the Compilation, period.

Like Genesis, I don't want him in Cloud's Nibelheim flashback, but I'd like to have him mentioned by NPCs or referenced. Guy was famous for years, then he launched a war and attacked Midgar with soldiers that all had his face. Someone must remember something, even if Shinra blamed the attacks on Wutai or some other force.

But seriously, I'm not too worried about Sqex ignoring the Compilation. They put too much time and money into it to not draw from it for the remake.

All the Compilation entries so far are tied into each other in some way. My suspicion is that they're remaking FF7 in order to connect it better with the Compilation, then finishing the story they set up with Genesis.

I agree that we are almost for sure going to get some nods to the Compilation. The very notion of extra or expanded content and a "fully realized" Midgar seems to be a pretty clear indicator that the Compilation stuff will be there in some capacity. I agree that I tooootally don't want to see Genesis in Nibelheim, but I can see there being some side quests that acknowledge G-Cells or deepground in some capacity. Perhaps a scientific explanation for the Sephiroth remnants in AC? :P Wishful thinking?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I'm sure it's been talked about before (possibly even by me), but after viewing a view DoC cutscenes yesterday I just can't wait to see the whole Jenova Project scenario brought to life in glorious HD.

I'd love it if we possibly got to see more of Lucrecia's reactions after Sephiroth was taken from her. That scene really got to me.

EDIT:

Or, if not that, I'd at least like to see her visibly pregnant. :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'd like to see Da Chao mountain in full HD quality. I also would like them to add the scene where the four Turks(and yes, canonly, Tseng survives), and is met up with the rest of their former co-workers and former superior during the evacuation of Midgar, and the scene from the beginning of DoC game where Vincent attempts to find Hojo.

Wonder how they'll do with Chaos, though. I hope they'll use it's design from the sequel game.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I'd rather see an updated version of the OG design than the DoC one, particularily for Galian Beast. I'd also rather the DoC opening not be included in the remake, since it's rather contradictory.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'd rather see an updated version of the OG design than the DoC one, particularily for Galian Beast. I'd also rather the DoC opening not be included in the remake, since it's rather contradictory.

I thought the OG design was boring and looked more like a spitting image of Chernabog from Disney's Fantasia. I know Chaos is supposed to be monsterous(as the Dissidia version was the perfect example for that), but I liked how they combined the image of Chaos with a human body which to me made more sense due to the Chaos gene and I thought it was so cool.

If it's contratictory for DoC opening not in the remake, then they might as well call the game "Final Fantasy VII Reboot" instead of "Final Fantasy VII Remake" if it's not gonna be related to the Compilation and be different from the original game(more ways than one) and with Lightning from FFXIII in it, it might as well make it a FFXIII prequel instead of it being spiritally connected to FFX.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I thought there was an article done a while back on the site that said an FFVII Ultimania specified that the DoC opening from the end of the Return to/Raid on Midgar point of the game not Meteor Fall like it was initially presented as, so that it was no longer contradictory.
Regardless though I agree it is unlikely the events of the DoC opening will be in the Remake beyond an easter egg/unobtrusive nod it.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I thought there was an article done a while back on the site that said an FFVII Ultimania specified that the DoC opening from the end of the Return to/Raid on Midgar point of the game not Meteor Fall like it was initially presented as, so that it was no longer contradictory.
Regardless though I agree it is unlikely the events of the DoC opening will be in the Remake beyond an easter egg/unobtrusive nod it.
This is the article you're thinking of: "When did the opening to Dirge of Cerberus take place?"

It was ultimately the Episode:Shin-Ra installment of On the Way to a Smile that fixed the placement of that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom