Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
It's not going to be in continuity with the Compilation, so thankfully no Genesis.
I’m pretty sure that’s not exactly what they said. IIRC they said they won’t be beholden to the Compilation titles/exact continuity, in the same way the Compilation wasn’t super specifically beholden to the OG or even to other titles within the Compilation. It wasn’t a total mass decanonization like what Disney did with the old Star Wars EU.

Last edited:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I’m pretty that’s not exactly what they said. IIRC they said they won’t be beholden to the Compilation titles/exact continuity, in the same way the Compilation wasn’t super specifically beholden to the OG or even to other titles within the Compilation. It wasn’t a total mass decanonization like what Disney did with the old Star Wars EU.

I want it decanonized fast.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Surely most of it is continuous with the other games anyway? Isn't it?

I don't remember any Obi-Wans not remembering owning droids.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Regarding the splitting points you guys were talking about, I'd love to throw my 2 cents in the bucket, but I'd be repeating what I already discussed in my Game Talk Episode 1 video, so I'll leave it at that.

For those who have never seen it or feel like rewatching it and have around 45 minutes to spare, Here you go.

@ChipNoir: that's what I sincerely wish for. There's a thread on the GFAQs board somewhere in which people made up their own FFVII banter and it was glorious! It's one aspect I loved about FFXV.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The lack of chances for the party to discuss amongst themselves is one of my strongest issues with getting into FFXII, it just never feels like that party cares about being together, the game just sort of tells us that they're friends. I love whenever you have the chance in FF7 to talk to everyone on the bridge of the Highwind, and yeah XV took that to the next level. And hopefully VII won't interrupt every single conv-IMPERIALS ABOVE US

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Regarding the splitting points you guys were talking about, I'd love to throw my 2 cents in the bucket, but I'd be repeating what I already discussed in my Game Talk Episode 1 video, so I'll leave it at that.

For those who have never seen it or feel like rewatching it and have around 45 minutes to spare, Here you go.

@ChipNoir: that's what I sincerely wish for. There's a thread on the GFAQs board somewhere in which people made up their own FFVII banter and it was glorious! It's one aspect I loved about FFXV.

I don't remember that. Must have missed it under the pile of shit usually over there.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I am 100% behind making the thematic pacing of FFVII Remake match the way that the Lord of the Rings Trilogy manages its pacing. Even when Max starts talking about things like completely replacing the Kalm conversation and restructuring it into the prison cells in Shinra HQ feels like it could be pretty damn brilliant.

There's a lot of stuff that he mentions about the RE2 Remake and the multiple generations of people working on the game who helped make it something that turned out as well as it did that I hadn't considered, but find more and more interesting. June cannot come quickly enough.

X:neo:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
How did I manage to get through the game without being interrupted by Imperials? Was that a patch?

The gall of Nomura, having the temerity to help make a bunch of our favourite games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom