• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
About 3-person party, this is something they don’t need to worry about with Part 1, as you have a 2 or 3 person party until you meet Red XIII, and escaping Shinra HQ splits you up a number of times.

Afterwards? They could have some sort of “you scout ahead, we’ll haul the gear” hand-wave, or fuck it, make it a 9-person party! EPIC BOOM.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
About 3-person party, this is something they don’t need to worry about with Part 1, as you have a 2 or 3 person party until you meet Red XIII, and escaping Shinra HQ splits you up a number of times.

Afterwards? They could have some sort of “you scout ahead, we’ll haul the gear” hand-wave, or fuck it, make it a 9-person party! EPIC BOOM.
:wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky:

Lic, I love everything about that post.

So they end up in Deepground too?

:awesome:

I think Nero was the winner of the first season.

I've thought of another one. "Living Doll". In this show, contestants compete to dress models who are lookalikes of famous Midgar celebrities such as Genesis, Sephiroth, and Rufus Shinra. The winner is whichever team makes their faux-celebrity look the most fabulous. It's very popular with teenage girls.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
So what happened in those reality TV shows? I really wanna know. Is there a fanfic of them somewhere?

Hanna

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
joinAVALANCHE
Having more in-game media would be great! I'd also love to be able to go to the theatre and watch Loveless.

Another communication related thing I'm looking forward to seeing would be environmentalist posters, stickers, graffiti, whatever the various movements that exist can get away with to spread their message. Some showing the near extinction of phoenixes, some just naming-and-shaming Shinra, some asking you to conserve energy...

Also, on the party members, I've been thinking it might be nice if we could get mail from the people who are currently off somewhere. I was always happy to get messages from other characters in Crisis Core, and would like to get them in this game too.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I want to see other resistance movements with different ideologies, with the only thing in common being opposition to the Shinra. Avalanche is the eco-terrorism movement, maybe there is a non-violent faction (kinda like Greenpeace and the Sea Shepherds). Maybe there is a movement that is perfectly okay with Mako Power, but wants it under civil administration. So on and so forth.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
200.gif

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I want to see other resistance movements with different ideologies, with the only thing in common being opposition to the Shinra. Avalanche is the eco-terrorism movement, maybe there is a non-violent faction (kinda like Greenpeace and the Sea Shepherds). Maybe there is a movement that is perfectly okay with Mako Power, but wants it under civil administration. So on and so forth.

Good worldbuilding idea. However, Green Peace and Sea Shepherd has been known to dabble into violence once in a while.

Hanna

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
joinAVALANCHE
I would also like more detail and depth to the ideologies of different movements, though I think we already have some pretty clear variety in the OG. As mentioned, AVALANCHE with the terrorist approach, but also Fort Condor as a local conservation movement with a more self-defence type of approach, Cosmo Canyon peacefully developing alternative lifestyle and technologies. If we can get additional ones, and more content for what we already have, that will be great.

Not to derail the conversation to real life things, but I have to note that non-violence has been Greenpeace's strict core value ever since its activities first started. I'm not sure what @jazzflower92 is referring to above, but would be curious to know. If you can send me a source for your argument in a private message, I would be interested to discuss that.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I just had this thought the other day, one that I don't think has been touched on yet: in the Temple of the Ancients, Cait Sith solves a bunch of puzzles to shrink the temple into the black materia.

But we never see that.

I hope we get to take an active role in that little bit of the game whenever production reaches that stage.

What do you think the puzzles might look like?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Or like the movie Cube.

I would play the hell out of that.

I can already see who'd be who. Cid would be the grizzled survivalist, Tifa would be the physicist/mathematician, Barret would be the cop who loses it.

Hmm... Not sure who jelly bean guy would be...

Reactions: Ite

chanteru

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Chan
Or maybe similar to a .hack game where you can start the next episode with or without the previous episode's save file, and have a chance to transfer some items and such! I'm hoping this will be the case~

Daws

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
L'écrivain
Thinking about all of this, you get a bit of an idea why it takes so long to make one of the episodes. The amount of detail they can (or are) pour(ing) into this is wonderful. Effort over shoving out a product if you will.

March 3 is going to be epic.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Given the amount of time that there is sure to be between releases, I have no doubt you can start from part 2. Which is part of why I have no idea how rolling from part to part is going to work.

The only way I could see you needing the original is if the subsequent parts are downloadable expansions as opposed to new releases, but I don't see that happening.

Reactions: Ite

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I think so, the same way you could watch Season 2 of a major show. You'd be confused but....

^ I think it will be more similar to this than DA or other games where the save files transfer over. Other than love points, and a Turtle’s Paradise flyer, nothing happens in Midgar that changes the rest of the story.

My theory: Having played part 1 will only grant you with a boost above Part 2’s baseline level and items (any items you missed in Part 1 will probably be available in Part 2, in shops/side quests etc.) I honestly wouldn’t mind having the story of each part designed to work standalone (that’s how I designed my novelization, because in medias res is extremely fun — it’s like a little mystery just for the reader!) I would be less thrilled if they had Marlene narrate a montage at the beginning of Part 2, but beggars can’t be choosers :monster:

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I feel like when the crew gets briefly imprisoned in the Shinra Building, they lose all the stuff they acquired up until that point, and whatever they acquire during the Trail of Blood becomes the standard set up in the beginning of the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom