Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This came up in another thread and it bears repeating. Square, if you’re listening, immersive camera modes (where the character is holding the camera) were great and all in FFXV and KH, well done. But! You’re still way behind in the camera-mode arena though! Please see the following video for the thing that will allow us to basically create social media advertising for you and this game for years to come:

Last edited:

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
So I'm on my 3rd play though of 7 since the state of play neatness (I have issues). I noticed that Cloud's body on the last strike of Omnislash at the very end of 7 classic is very close to his pose at the end of the long E3 trailer when he jumps at Sephiroth.

Though it might be some interesting foreshadowing if they decide to keep the ending the same as original. Only the last time they meet, Seph won't have that cocky smile on his face anymore as he watches Clouds sword come down on him.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
I noticed that Cloud's body on the last strike of Omnislash at the very end of 7 classic is very close to his pose at the end of the long E3 trailer when he jumps at Sephiroth.

Though it might be some interesting foreshadowing if they decide to keep the ending the same as original. Only the last time they meet, Seph won't have that cocky smile on his face anymore as he watches Clouds sword come down on him.
That's a very interesting thought! Do you mind if I include this in my next analysis video? That scene with Sephiroth will be part of it.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
immersive camera modes (where the character is holding the camera)

:shutit:

I'm gonna be the guy who takes a hard stance on this:

I HATED that selfie bullshit in FFXV. Like, I don't have the vocabulary to properly undress the layers of issues I have with the entire concept of taking selfies in a videogame.

I understand that others feel differently. They're wrong.

All the same, if some version of "Selfie Simulator" is made available in the game, I only hope that it's OPTIONAL, completely possible to never have to touch, and very easy to hide when not in use. Like a piece of gear you equip for a moment.

Or, you know, just don't include that function at all. :monster:

Ite

AKA
Ite
To clarify, here is what I want:

- To take screenshots of FF7R
- To take screenshots of FF7R that don’t have Cloud in them.
- To take screenshots of FF7R from a place and angle of my choosing.

I don’t want a selfie mode. HOWEVER, when it comes to S-E there is a precedent for a selfie mode in their games, and a selfie mode will get me closer to what I want than not having one at all. My ideal, as I said above, is the screenshot mode from A Thief’s End.

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
They wouldn’t.

To further clarify: a physical camera object in the game is not what I want. I commend Square for having a photo mode at all, even if I believe a physical camera object in the game isn’t ideal. What I would like is literally the camera mode from Thief’s End. On a scale from 1 to Thief’s End, a physical camera object held by characters is somewhere in the middle. The reason I bring it up at all, despite it not being my ideal, is that S-E has implemented it in two recent games and it’s better than nothing.

Last edited:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
They wouldn’t.

To further clarify: a physical camera object in the game is not what I want. I commend Square for having a photo mode at all, even if I believe a physical camera object in the game isn’t ideal. What I would like is literally the camera mode from Thief’s End. On a scale from 1 to Thief’s End, a physical camera object held by characters is somewhere in the middle. The reason I bring it up at all, despite it not being my ideal, is that S-E has implemented it in two recent games and it’s better than nothing.
Ok, I can get behind that. Sometimes there are some pretty sweet scenes you'd like to capture.

I just hate the idea of selfies, if my rant didn't make that obvious :monster:

Ite

AKA
Ite
I agree that the characters taking pictures ‘at a time like this’ might not work for the heroes of FFVII. None of them are exactly takin’ in the sights. For some reason, though, running the wrong way and standing around near stuff while *I* take pictures doesn’t seem so strange lol.

I'm not sure how you're not being clear, Ite :lol:

Hehe, well when I went up and reread my original post, it totally could have been construed a different way.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Cait Sith with the built in camera on his moogle. It'd be perfect.

Or... the PHS is no longer a Nokia brick but a standard modern flip phone and camera.

Aerith nudges Cloud to photograph the team's journey because she would love to have a scrapbook memory album of her first journey outside of Midgar. It's a chance for her to see the world and look beyond the city.

Cloud reluctantly agrees for her sake and takes photos of stuff and of the team. Taking photos of Aerith gives her affection points. Taking pics of Tifa gives her affection points. And so on and so on.

And when Aerith dies, Cloud continues taking photos for her sake. Which leads into the 1/255 chance of the ghost of Aerith randomly photobombing pictures taken after her death.

I mean they could easily make it work. It would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom